David Irving quitting the NFL over Marijuana policy 'makes no sense'-Stephen A-FTF

kskboys

Reaction score
From what I've noticed the reason for this is because they tend to take more risk when choosing defensive players. It seems like they are more willing to err on the side of raw talent, being able to coach them up, and are more forgiving of red flags when dealing with defensive players. That's why they go after guys like JJ Wilcox, B. Jones, R. Gregory, and Owusu-Ansah in early rounds despite their huge question marks. Even Jaylon Smith was a huge gamble but luckily that gamble is paying off.

Whereas, on the offensive side of the ball it seems as if they will more often than not try to go with who they believe will be the safer pick. Guys like Z. Martin, Zeke, T. Smith, Gallup, Frederick, Witten, etc.

I'm not saying they never take gambles on the offensive side of the ball...I just think they are more willing to roll the dice when it comes to the defensive side of the ball.
It's due to them being horrific at evaluating D talent.

Diehardblues

Reaction score
Nothing new.

I found the commentators point interesting as they agree about pot as a valid pain drug.

I know it, too.

One of my ailments is neropathy in my feet from Diabetes.

Some nights it just aches and I get shooting pains like big-time cramps.

I smoke a bowl and in 10 minutes it's gone.

The doctors stopped my pain med prescription 2 years ago because of people abusing it so much.

I was on Tylenol 3 with codeine.

No more.

The smoke it was better and doesn't mess with making me constipated like the pain pills did.

So to me,

none of the prohibitions make sense.

:thumbup:
Until we elect representatives who support abolishing prohibition we only have ourselves to blame.Ultimately the people still hold the power to bring about change.

Redball Express

All Aboard!!!
Reaction score
Until we elect representatives who support abolishing prohibition we only have ourselves to blame.Ultimately the people still hold the power to bring about change.
Haha..

I can smoke to that.

:laugh:

Even Jerry has said he thinks Marijuana is helpful for pain management.

It's only a matter of time.

I have a buddy who goes to Colorado several times a year to visit friends and he hits the dispenseries.

Needless to say I go up to meet with him in Ft. Worth and visit and he takes care of me.

So I do see it changing..

I just want Zeke to stay out of the dispenseries until his career is over.

Diehardblues

Reaction score
Haha..

I can smoke to that.

:laugh:

Even Jerry has said he thinks Marijuana is helpful for pain management.

It's only a matter of time.

I have a buddy who goes to Colorado several times a year to visit friends and he hits the dispenseries.

Needless to say I go up to meet with him and visit and he takes care of me.

So I do see it changing..

Amazingly many citizens don’t always support their own personal interest on the national level.

More than half the states have legalized some form of cannabis but unfortunately a strong minority is still ruling federally.

Two huge lobbyist groups are influencing not abolishing. The Pharmaceutical and Alcohol industry, both legal substances in the US.

Redball Express

All Aboard!!!
Reaction score
Amazingly many citizens don’t always support their own personal interest on the national level.

More than half the states have legalized some form of cannabis but unfortunately a strong minority is still ruling federally.

Two huge lobbyist groups are influencing not abolishing. The Pharmaceutical and Alcohol industry, both of the legal substances in the US.
To me it's the vestiges of old guard from the 60s and 70s who cling to the old law and its principles.

Those guys are moving on and younger politicians are replacing them..

legislatures who have had pot in their own lives at some point.

When I worked for my attorneys..

they all got high.

It was a social thing and no biggie.

So when the people making the laws and defending them partake..

change is here.

:flagwave:

Diehardblues

Reaction score
To me it's the vestiges of old guard from the 60s and 70s who cling to the old law and its principles.

Those guys are moving on and younger politicians are replacing them..

legislatures who have had pot in their own lives at some point.

When I worked for my attorneys..

they all got high.

It was a social thing and no biggie.

So when the people making the laws and defending them partake..

change is here.

:flagwave:
That’s only part of the equation . These two large lobbyist groups are influencing them too much like many want more gun control but NRA is fueling opposition.

I’d recommend one side running on legalization of pot like the other side has on no limits on guns . Let Americans decide what’s more important to them.

Redball Express

All Aboard!!!
Reaction score
That’s only part of the equation . These two large lobbyist groups are influencing them too much like many want more gun control but NRA is fueling opposition.

I’d recommend one side running on legalization of pot like the other side has on no limits on guns . Let Americans decide what’s more important to them.
Hey..

From your mouth to God's ear.

Meanwhile I think I will go clean my guns.

:eek:

Sarge

Red, White and Brew...
Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
He’ll be penniless in a year. He’ll have to grow his own. The joke is on him. Idiot.

lukin2006

Reaction score
It makes perfect sense and that is his choice. The NFL anti-Cannabis policy is outdated thinking. What should really tick these players off, is the very same clowns that are telling you no and suspending you are the same people sleeping with hookers and going home every night and downing half a bottle of scotch. They are hypocrites to the highest order. Jones is supposed to be an influential voice, he should stand up to Goodell...I've seen countless videos of Jones staggering around.

What doesn't make sense is how a clown like Smith has a job on TV. He should be a McDonalds asking "would you like fries with that".

Little Jr

Reaction score
It doesn't make sense and no other person in another profession would get this kind of defense and backing from people. There is no reason for Irving to need to smoke it besides just to get high. It's not like he's sore and had aches, He's hardly ever playing.

If i came on here and told people that I work with a guy in construction and he's making $30 hr, gets high, been suspended from work 3 times, been evicted from his home and decided to quit his job without having another job lined out, and oh yeah, he's fighting for custody of his kid, no one would say good for him, stand up for that you believe in. They would call him a dumb *** and a POS.

keds

Reaction score
He must feel like a knucklehead right now seeing how the free agent market is unfolding, he could of been set for life financially if he just kept clean for a couple of years... so sad...