Twitter: David Irving reinstated

Tussinman

Reaction score
He hates playing football. He said it on more than one occasion.

He's just run out of money
Agreed. Irving literally refused to come to the facility to rehab his injury (this was all while the team was making a push for the playoffs) and had missed a large portion of training camp because "uhh I was having baby mamma drama". Dude then runs his mouth the next off-season about how he hates football and how he's done

Reactions: CWR

CWR

Reaction score
I feel like he owes us an opportunity to visit with him.

Flamma

Reaction score
David Irving is absolutely not someone you can sign long term no matter how well he plays. Any team that does has to make sure there are no guarantees in the contract.

When he said he didn't like football, did he mean the actual game? Or the rest of the stuff that comes with it, like conditioning, drills, all that crap. I remember playing organized football and it was 10% fun and 90% garbage.

cowboyed

Reaction score
David Irving is absolutely not someone you can sign long term no matter how well he plays. Any team that does has to make sure there are no guarantees in the contract.

When he said he didn't like football, did he mean the actual game? Or the rest of the stuff that comes with it, like conditioning, drills, all that crap. I remember playing organized football and it was 10% fun and 90% garbage.

Pop Warner is a grind and you have to buy your own uniforms!

DogFace

Carharris2
Reaction score
But does Irving have to sit out over a month after declared reinstated before he practices and plays with his team ..like Gregory was forced (ridiculously) to do so ?
If he signs with Dallas, yes. Other teams. No.

glimmerman

Reaction score
Why not. If he is interested. Now that he can smoke weed maybe he will want to play.

Bullflop

Cowboys Diehard
Reaction score
I think David Irving would as soon take a beating, as to return to the Cowboys!

That seems something very unlikely to occur, unless I've missed my guess. o_O

Why would he even dream of returning to the Cowboys, just an awful defense?

On top of that, David Irving has none of the traits that makes a player desirable.

Last edited:

Jarv

Loud pipes saves lives.
Reaction score
Can't find them. Assuming it has something to do with his retirement while on suspension, but that's a guess.
The NFL is waiting to see what team signs him, that will determine how long until he can play :)

Creeper

Reaction score
If I owned the Cowboys I would call him and get a read on where his head is at. I still think he will want to play in a state that has legalized pot, but I could be wrong. Dallas can use a DT and it doesn't hurt to find out is he would play for Dallas, if he is in any kind of football shape, and what kind of money he is looking for. I would also want to know what happens if he tests positive for pot again or if he has to take drugs tests what happens if he misses one. Based on what I have read about Irving it did not sound like he was willing to give up smoking weed to play football. But he is also not a stupid guy. He might be thinking he takes a 1 year deal for about $3 million and he can live for a while on that if he chooses to quit again.

Ranched

"We Are Penn State"
Reaction score
Irving was suspended twice during his Cowboys tenure for violations of the league’s substance abuse policy, the first for four games in '18 and the second indefinitely in '19. He was also suspended for four games in '17 for a violation of the league’s performance-enhancing drug policy.

That said, Irving only played 37 games (10 starts) in four seasons with the Cowboys, not because a lack of talent, but a lack of brains.

conner01

Reaction score

I wouldn’t sign long term
But I’d sure sign him today for the rest of this season
No one is giving him a long term deal today

Redball Express

All Aboard!!!
Reaction score
We might actually be able to somewhat turn our defense around with Gregory coming back, Irving joining, and some LBs and DBs coming back from injury. We'd still need a safety though.
We don't need no stinking safeties.

Safeties can be had for pennies..

We won't play with safeties..

We will just play all CBs..

Oops we don't have anymore CBs.

We will just play all LBers.

Oops we don't have anymore LBers.

Never mind.