David Irving suspended 4 games

Alexander

What's it going to be then, eh?
Reaction score
I agree that they cannot evaluate defensive talent, so they should bring in the top free agents. These fools were offering Sammy Watkins 16m a year instead of trying to bring in a Suh, Richardson, or Lotulelei...
I agree, but Marinelli would probably turn up his nose at the three of them.

Alexander

Reaction score
That Jihad Ward trade suggests the Cowboys had an inkling.
Absolutely not. Dream on, but no.

Drafting a quality DT in this past draft or even being remotely aggressive going after the top undrafted free agents in the pool would suggest that they were smart enough to see this coming.

This is just like the Witten situation.

Pants. Down.

Sydla

Reaction score

Drafting a quality DT in this past draft or even being remotely aggressive going after the top undrafted free agents in the pool would suggest that they were smart enough to see this coming.

This is just like the Witten situation.

Pants. Down.

Exactly.

Dumb organization when it comes to DTs. Dumb organization that allows their DC to dictate how they approach DT acquisition.

Alexander

Reaction score
I dont think you can dismiss the Ward trade out of hand. In regards to the latest Irving suspension news.
So their response to their supposedly uber talented yet troubled player being suspended for four games yet again was to trade for a 2nd round bust?

DleZTW7.gif

waving monkey

Reaction score
So their response to their supposedly uber talented yet troubled player being suspended for four games yet again was to trade for a 2nd round bust?

DleZTW7.gif
Marinelli liked him since the senior bowl and the FO saw a change to secure or upgrade two positions with two small trades.
If you cant stay on the field all the uber is udder.

TheSkaven

Last Man Standing
Reaction score
To all the people saying “cut him”, he missed 8 games last year and still had 7 sacks. He’ll be back week 5 and he’s going to be a force. Cutting him so that he can make a rival better is senseless.

Aviano90

Go Seahawks!!!
Reaction score
To all the people saying “cut him”, he missed 8 games last year and still had 7 sacks. He’ll be back week 5 and he’s going to be a force. Cutting him so that he can make a rival better is senseless.
He would be scheduled to come back in week 5, like Gregory was supposed to come back in 2016. Let's see if Irving can prevent a 10 game suspension.

Alexander

Reaction score
Marinelli liked him since the senior bowl and the FO saw a change to secure or upgrade two positions with two small trades.
If you cant stay on the field all the uber is udder.
And again, if I somehow "knew" my talented player were going to be suspended, I would hope that my golden parachute was not a swap for a bust.

It is extremely rare that teams trade for busts and it just happens to be just the perfect change of scenery that makes it all click for the player.

The fact that Marinelli "liked" him does not impress me.

He "liked" Nick Hayden for three years.

Alexander

Reaction score
How do you parse them liking Vea?

The fact they "liked" a player they likely had no shot at doesn't nearly suggest what you think it does.

The activity the team had at the position meant they liked the top talent, yet did not feel the position needed to be addressed unless of course that "special" player was there. They did not do a single thing to suggest they sought to protect themselves from untrustworthy players or even quite frankly, add to the talent base to begin with.

Old'Boyfan

Reaction score

So we can just keep enabling this longstanding pattern? We've had nearly twice the missed games due to suspension than the next closest team.
I wish for just once Jerry & the front office would say "ENOUGH!". Cut the guy & make a much needed statement. But instead the coaching staff will go through the annual moving parts/musical chairs in at least 1 if not 2 positions. It's tough enough to put together a solid unit dealing with inevitable injuries, but when you start off every year minus 1-2 key players it's a self inflicted handicap.

Jake

Beyond tired of Jerry
Reaction score

They weren't going to do that, regardless. That's been the case since Marinelli got here, but keep beating the drum if it makes you feel better.

I'm not defending it, but it is what it is.