David Irving suspended 4 games

phildadon86

Reaction score
They are paying Irving the 2nd round tender. It is not like they are going cheap.

Their problem is they cannot evaluate defensive talent and they are lazy on top of it. I thought that was obvious by now.
Chidobe Lewis lawerence Collins woods smith all seem like pretty good evaluations

zrinkill

Cowboy Fan
Reaction score
CowboysZone LOYAL Fan
This is why I wanted the 3rd round pick instead of this idiot ............

Alexander

What's it going to be then, eh?
Reaction score
Chidobe Lewis lawerence Collins woods smith all seem like pretty good evaluations
We just feel good about Awuzie, Woods and Lewis because of good rookie seasons. Lawrence has had one good year. I don't know what you are talking about with Smith. Collins is hardly a "good evaluation", he quite possibly is one of the most overrated players I have seen fans get excited about.

Good evaluations get you players like Frederick and Martin. We have yet to have one of those on the defensive side of the ball. And it has been going on for a very long time, probably since Ware.

PA Cowboy Fan

Reaction score
You might be onto something.

The club has year after year circled the wagons and tolerated foolishness and just encouraged everyone to band together to overcome suspensions.

Instead of producing a high character team, it seems to be producing the exact opposite.

I am all for looking the other way for talent, but is David Irving truly a talent?

He can't stay on the field and be reliable enough to be granted multiple free passes.

Cutting him might hurt the overall talent level, but it might change the syndrome that seems to be repeating itself every year.
The only reason he is put up with is because our defense has been so bad. And when he plays he is one of the better players. He isn't anything great though. It's about time to move on. Getting tired of all this.

CapnB

Reaction score
They have made it clear they aren’t interested in Hankins. Apparently being really really good at one thing isn’t enough for Marinelli he rather have someone mediocre both rushing the passer and stopping the run instead.

Yeah in all honesty hes not that good at one thing Unless that one thing is eating cake. Colts let him go after signing a 3 year 27 mil dollar deal. And their front line isn't the best, to begin with it Says a lot, and the fact he isnt signed by anyone up to this point says a lot as well.

Alexander

Reaction score
I am saying I was hoping someone would take him for the pay grade we put on him ........ but the rest of the league is not as dumb as our front office.
Most teams are reluctant to give up a premium pick for a player with documented issues that have got them suspended.

Well, most. The Raiders are regretting their third for Martavius Bryant about now more than likely.

Alexander

Reaction score
This might be time for a bunch of people to start jumping on the Datone Jones and Brian Price hype train because we are not signing anyone else.

In fact, I smell a "we like what we have at defensive tackle" coming out of Jerry Jones' mouth very soon.

MyFairLady

Reaction score
Can we please just cut this fool and stop enabling this behavior. Accountability has been an issue with this team for a long long time. He needs to go. Gregory needs to go. Chaz needs to go. If you can not be counted on you need to go. Find someone who is at least willing to compete

WillieBeamen

BoysfanfromNY
Reaction score
They are paying Irving the 2nd round tender. It is not like they are going cheap.

Their problem is they cannot evaluate defensive talent and they are lazy on top of it. I thought that was obvious by now.
I agree that they cannot evaluate defensive talent, so they should bring in the top free agents. These fools were offering Sammy Watkins 16m a year instead of trying to bring in a Suh, Richardson, or Lotulelei...

jobberone

Kane Ala
Reaction score
If you have enough talent you are on a much longer leash. Just the way it is.....and has been. Irving is pushing the envelope though. Not sure what they'll do. I suspect they'll help him.

firewater

Reaction score
This sucks. He is a great player. Him and Tank were together are unlockable. Why can't we have nice things? Screw it cut bait now.

Aviano90

Go Seahawks!!!
Reaction score
Can we please just cut this fool and stop enabling this behavior. Accountability has been an issue with this team for a long long time. He needs to go. Gregory needs to go. Chaz needs to go. If you can not be counted on you need to go. Find someone who is at least willing to compete
JG holds people accountable for not wearing suits on road trips and mistaken identities on police reports. Those offenses get you cut.

CCBoy

Reaction score
If you have enough talent you are on a much longer leash. Just the way it is.....and has been. Irving is pushing the envelope though. Not sure what they'll do. I suspect they'll help him.

Even though Irving can still participate in training camp, the Cowboys should really think about giving those valuable practice reps to Ward and Jones. The Cowboys wanted to create competition at every level and now they just have to let it all play out.

https://www.bloggingtheboys.com/201...nity-for-jihad-ward-datone-jones-with-cowboys