David Moore Lowdown on Dez

superonyx

Reaction score
It's not a question of Dez being perfect. It's a question of Dez being a professional, which he is supposed to be.

Dez is compensated very well. With that compensation, there are expectations and responsibilities of him. He doesn't seem to get that very simple concept.
Hence why NFL team (and all pro sports) have fines in place for when a player misses a meeting ect.
Read this thread and tell me people haven't taken the criticism to another level.

superonyx

Reaction score
I don't get why people think Dez is hated. Nobody hates Dez. We just want him to STHU and do his job. He's becoming more of a distraction than he's worth.....
Dez isn't saying anything....just like he didn't when they sent him out on 22 fly routes and had him running sprints all game instead of catching passes. The guy has been very good about STHU.

Who is he becoming a distraction to?
The media? The message board fans?
And what other incedent can you point to where he has been a distraction?

ksadler1

Reaction score
Dez isn't saying anything....just like he didn't when they sent him out on 22 fly routes and had him running sprints all game instead of catching passes. The guy has been very good about STHU.

Who is he becoming a distraction to?
The media? The message board fans?
And what other incedent can you point to where he has been a distraction?

You seriously don't think that not showing up for his MRI appointments, missing a team meeting and getting fined by the team is a distraction? This is taking away from other things this team could be focusing on. If you owned a business and had to deal with an employee doing these things, you wouldn't consider it a distraction? And please don't say that you can't compare Dez' job to ours. He gets paid to be a responsible adult and for showing up to work and producing......

superonyx

Reaction score
You seriously don't think that not showing up for his MRI appointments, missing a team meeting and getting fined by the team is a distraction? This is taking away from other things this team could be focusing on. If you owned a business and had to deal with an employee doing these things, you wouldn't consider it a distraction? And please don't say that you can't compare Dez' job to ours. He gets paid to be a responsible adult and for showing up to work and producing......
So he is a distraction to who? Does Dez missing his MRI because he feared for the worst distract Mo Claiborne from watching film on the 49ers WRs? Does it distract Zeke Elliott from reviewing his running lanes from the past game?

And since he is becoming more of a distraction than he is worth please stop avoiding the question and tell me what other incidents was Dez being such a distraction....surely you don't just say things without thinking them through? Please tell me you have an actual reason for saying this.

mattjames2010

Reaction score
Because the guy went AWOL. A professional athlete getting paid $70 million ran away and hid like a child, for fear of hearing bad news. And some fans want to try to excuse that. It's pathetic.

It's as bad as some of you fans around here. Cover your eyes and ears to anything negative because you're not mature enough to handle it. Now I can see why some people want to think its no problem. Because that's the same petulant, childish way they handle their own lives too.

He didn't go "AWOL". he didn't show up on a day off. He then came in late for a meeting. This isn't "AWOL". Even then, it's not as though he wasn't showing up so he could smoke a joint or get into trouble, he did it because he feared he would be out for the season. That's it. That's all. This is a non-issue.

The only thing pathetic here is 15 pages of adults stomping their feet and screaming like children. He was fined, coach spoke to him, he was simply afraid of the MRI results. Anything else we need to discuss?

Dez is worried about his career, not being able to be on the field with his team. As Garrett said, he had good intentions. What's the excuse here? We're simply fans. The very definition of pathetic is overly emotional adults freaking out over a player fearing for his season ending.

Get a grip, dude.

jterrell

Penguinite
Reaction score
Dude. Stop.

The team fined him. So obviously they aren't buying the lame excuse that he needed 48 hours to get mentally ready to undergo a MRI.
If there is a rule in place to fine a player for missing a team meeting you follow that rule and fine him.
Not a big deal.
Dez will be glad to pay his fine all while being super relieved he isn't on IR.
His coach will be very pleased he is back on the field sooner rather than later.
And his owner could absolutely care less about any fine money when he has 88 selling jerseys and making big plays like scoring TDs with a fractured kneecap.

Crying fans who are petulant children make it a big deal and media who needs those petulant children to pay them attention make it a big deal.
It isn't. So you just stop.

The kind of guy who can play through that injury and score a touchdown IS THE RIGHT KIND OF GUY.

Hoov

Reaction score
So he shows up late 1 day and for this he deserves to be called a Diva, stupid, lazy, selfish, cancer, overpaid, needs to be cut ect?
I'm glad everyone else is perfect.
I think they said he skipped team meetings Tuesday and Wednesday and he skipped the MRI. Not only is that bad for him and the team as a whole - Jerry and Garrett end up looking like idiots who all of a sudden cant answer why there has been no MRI yet because they have to cover for Dez until they find out what is happening. Hasn't this happened with him in the past with other things as well ?

Obviously, I wouldn't be for cutting him because of his talent.

My biggest concern is a potential injury to a football player is common place and that sets him off into running and hiding. What happens if something more stressful comes into his life which is bound to happen sooner or later ?

jterrell

Penguinite
Reaction score
Dez didn't leak any of this to the media.
The team levies hundreds of fines per season and guys like Jason Witten have been fined.

This is just soap operas for grown men.
It means nothing to actual NFL players.

superonyx

Reaction score
He didn't go "AWOL". he didn't show up on a day off. He then came in late for a meeting. This isn't "AWOL". Even then, it's not as though he wasn't showing up so he could smoke a joint or get into trouble, he did it because he feared he would be out for the season. That's it. That's all. This is a non-issue.

The only thing pathetic here is 15 pages of adults stomping their feet and screaming like children. He was fined, coach spoke to him, he was simply afraid of the MRI results. Anything else we need to discuss?

Dez is worried about his career, not being able to be on the field with his team. As Garrett said, he had good intentions. What's the excuse here? We're simply fans. The very definition of pathetic is overly emotional adults freaking out over a player fearing for his season ending.

Get a grip, dude.
That response was AWESOME!
Stash can never let his position go...he will reply with something underwhelming.

mattjames2010

Reaction score
I think they said he skipped team meetings Tuesday and Wednesday and he skipped the MRI. Not only is that bad for him and the team as a whole - Jerry and Garrett end up looking like idiots who all of a sudden cant answer why there has been no MRI yet because they have to cover for Dez until they find out what is happening. Hasn't this happened with him in the past with other things as well ?

Obviously, I wouldn't be for cutting him because of his talent.

My biggest concern is a potential injury to a football player is common place and that sets him off into running and hiding. What happens if something more stressful comes into his life which is bound to happen sooner or later ?

What would be "more stressful"? We all understand this is his job, right? His career? This would be 2 seasons in a row where an injury plagued him, I think this is up there with what I'd consider "more stressful".

While he handled it poorly and should have shown up immediately for the MRI, I understand why he was nervous and I sympathize. While the rest of you sit on here and sulk in your fee-fees over something that in no way impacts your life, I'm excited about kicking some 49er butt Sunday.

Reaction score
Hence why NFL team (and all pro sports) have fines in place for when a player misses a meeting ect.
Read this thread and tell me people haven't taken the criticism to another level.
He got fined? Wow? How much? $5,000? $10,000?

The guy makes $14 million a year. He probably has $10,000 on the inside of his sock. The fine means nothing.

mattjames2010

Reaction score
He got fined? Wow? How much? $5,000? $10,000?

The guy makes $14 million a year. He probably has $10,000 on the inside of his sock. The fine means nothing.

Probably because this entire situation means nothing.

mattjames2010

Reaction score
Coach spoke to him. LOL.

Can only imagine that conversation.

"Hey Dez, just come in immediately for the MRI next time if this happens. Okay? All good. *clap clap*

Now let me go out there to the media and pretend this is a bigger deal than it is to satisfy the rabid fan base."

Stash

Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan

Maybe for you, it's a "non-issue". You don't get to speak for the team, for me, or for anyone else. It wasn't a "non-issue" when the team fined him for it. It wasn't a "non-issue" when his own coach said he "didn't handle things the right way". Maybe you should go and tell all of them what a "non-issue" this is?

If you don't need to "discuss" anything, don't. Move on to another thread and talk about whatever else you want to. Or go out for a walk and enjoy the day. Like us, you're free to do whatever you want.

Get a grip, dude.

Practice what you're trying to preach "dude". He feared the answer he could get and acted like a child and tried to avoid it. The opposite of what a paid professional does. The very definition of pathetic is to try to make excuses for the inexcusable. He screwed up, nobody else. You want to me mad? Be mad at him. If he doesn't act like an idiot, nobody's talking about it. Then it would actually be a "non-issue".

Stash

Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
That response was AWESOME!
Stash can never let his position go...he will reply with something underwhelming.

Why don't you keep lying about how nothing happened and the reporter just made it all up like you've been doing?

At least be consistent.

:laugh:

superonyx

Reaction score
Why don't you keep lying about how nothing happened and the reporter just made it all up like you've been doing?

At least be consistent.

:laugh:
He got you.....he so got you.
funny-gif4.gif

mattjames2010

Reaction score
Maybe for you, it's a "non-issue". You don't get to speak for the team, for me, or for anyone else. It wasn't a "non-issue" when the team fined him for it. It wasn't a "non-issue" when his own coach said he "didn't handle things the right way". Maybe you should go and tell all of them what a "non-issue" this is?

If you don't need to "discuss" anything, don't. Move on to another thread and talk about whatever else you want to. Or go out for a walk and enjoy the day. Like us, you're free to do whatever you want.

Practice what you're trying to preach "dude". He feared the answer he could get and acted like a child and tried to avoid it. The opposite of what a paid professional does. The very definition of pathetic is to try to make excuses for the inexcusable. He screwed up, nobody else. You want to me mad? Be mad at him. If he doesn't act like an idiot, nobody's talking about it. Then it would actually be a "non-issue".

A small fine, and that's simply rules. It would happen to anyone for any reason if they missed a meeting. I will repeat what Garrett said.

Garrett: He had good intentions, just went about it the wrong way.

That's straight from the HC. HE understand Dez, he knows him, he's around him every day. He gets Dez meant no malice, he gets this is Dez's career and why he feared the MRI. YOU want this to be a bigger deal than it is. It is and always will just be Dez postponing the inevitable MRI results. That's it. Dead stop.

The rest of your post I'm not even reading or entertaining. There is nothing else here to discuss. You either get it or you don't. The latter is most likely for you, the year I've been posting on this board you have shown to be stubborn even when you're backed into the corner being hit with fact over and over again. You don't want to be wrong and you don't want to fess up when you overreact.