Dawn of Justice

cml750

Reaction score
Who is going to see it?? Heard some of the early reviews are not too good. Did Snyder lay another egg??? I am such a Superman fan, I want to see it but Man of Steel was so bad(to me, I know some liked it) I am not sure.

PJTHEDOORS

Reaction score
Based on 44 reviews collected by review aggregator website Rotten Tomatoes, Batman v Superman: Dawn of Justice has an approval rating of 39%. LOL.

Guessing Zack Snyder won't be directing anymore DC films. Ruined Man of Steel, now this.

Last edited:

PJTHEDOORS

Reaction score

(Spoiler Free)

"...There is no plot."

Last edited:

JohnnyHopkins

This is a house of learned doctors
Reaction score

(Spoiler Free)

"...There is no plot."

Sounds about like what I expected, even down to Affleck's turn as Batman. It will be visual eye candy in IMAX and the fight scenes will be amazing, but there will not be much substance. The good news is that I do in fact have tickets for the family to see it in IMAX, so we will be getting the best possible experience.

Supercowboy1986

Reaction score
I hope it's not too terrible... I pre purchased tickets for my fiancé and I. FeelsBadMan

BAZ

Drunken Mick
Reaction score
I'm surprised at the negative reviews. Snyder has enough experience, and past failures under his belt to work on previous criticisms, plus from spoilers it really seems like he went all out for this and still came up short. It will probably make most of its money back though. So business as normal I guess.

jrumann59

Reaction score
And Affleck with write and direct and star in next batman installment "The Batman" with possibly 2 other Affleck Batman movies afterwards.

Jammer

Retired Air Force Guy
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
I just got back from seeing it. There were a few things I didn't like about it, but there where a lot of things I loved about it. I can't comment on specific things because I might divulge spoilers. I thought Lex Luther got in the way IMO. There wasn't enough back story to him to know why he was the way he was.

TellerMorrow34

BraveHeartFan
Reaction score
I'm taking my son tonight for a 7 pm showing but I'm a little less thrilled about it then I was after seeing a spoiler about Batman for this movie. If it's true it will make the movie garbage, as far as I'm concerned.

cml750

Reaction score
Well, my son and I just got back from the movie. I have to say it wasn't too bad. It was much better than Man of Steel. There are a few things that could be better but it was pretty solid overall and there was a plot. I am not sure why the critics hate it so much. Maybe they still have the bad taste in their mouth from Man of Steel. Perhaps the fact that they did rate it so low tempered my expectations to the point I expected a bad movie and ended up liking it because it was much better than expected. Personally, I would give this a 7 / 10 and would not argue with anyone who wanted to give it an 8 / 10.

PJTHEDOORS

Reaction score
Well, my son and I just got back from the movie. I have to say it wasn' too bad. It was much better than Man of Steel. There are a few things that could be better but it was pretty solid overall and there was a plot. I am not sure why the critics hate it so much. Maybe they still have the bad taste in their mouth from Man of Steel. Perhaps the fact that they did rate it so low tempered my expectations to the point I expected a bad movie and ended up liking it because it was much better than expected. Personally, I would give this a 7 / 10 and would not argue with anyone who wanted to give it an 8 / 10.

Heard there are storylines, but not an overall plot. Also, people were upset at Man of Steel because so many deaths, from Sups actions, while in this movie, Batman kills people left and right (I read). Guess people won' be upset over that.

As of now, Review aggregator website Rotten Tomatoes gave Batman v Superman: Dawn of Justice an approval rating of 30%, based on 194 reviews, with an average rating was 5.1/10.

Last edited:

cml750

Reaction score
Heard there are storylines, but not an overall plot.

I was able to discern a plot quite easily. I am not sure why the critics couldn't. I do not want to give away any spoilers but Lex is the key to the plot.

PJTHEDOORS

Reaction score
I was able to discern a plot quite easily. I am not sure why the critics couldn't. I do not want to give away any spoilers but Lex is the key to the plot.

Just how people see it. For you, a plot, others bunch of storylines.

TheCount

Pixel Pusher
Reaction score
I'm surprised at the negative reviews. Snyder has enough experience, and past failures under his belt to work on previous criticisms, plus from spoilers it really seems like he went all out for this and still came up short. It will probably make most of its money back though. So business as normal I guess.

Snyder, much like Michael Bay, is great at making eye candy but not so great with much else. A lot of what makes Avengers and the recent Marvel super hero stuff fun is the underplayed humor, instead, they went and cast Jesse Eisenberg to bring the funny, which is completely over the top.

BAZ

Drunken Mick
Reaction score
Snyder, much like Michael Bay, is great at making eye candy but not so great with much else. A lot of what makes Avengers and the recent Marvel super hero stuff fun is the underplayed humor, instead, they went and cast Jesse Eisenberg to bring the funny, which is completely over the top.

Apparently he was originally meant to be Jimmy Olsen but Zach had bigger ideas.

JD_KaPow

jimnabby
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
What I've mostly read is that the plot is stupid and unbelievably (as in, it hinges on Batman being unbelievably gullible, among other things). That, and the fact that it's humorless and dark for the sake of being dark, makes it sound exactly like a Zack Snyder. Can't imagine why anyone would be surprised.

JD_KaPow

jimnabby
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
So, you were expecting that Zack Snyder, all of whose movies have exactly the same characteristics and exactly the same problems, would do something completely different this time out instead of making another Zack Snyder movie? Okay.

BAZ

Drunken Mick
Reaction score
So, you were expecting that Zack Snyder, all of whose movies have exactly the same characteristics and exactly the same problems, would do something completely different this time out instead of making another Zack Snyder movie? Okay.

I like Watchmen, 300 and parts of Sucker Punch. Man of Steel was widely criticised, he seemed to address the fall out for the events in MOS, so imagining he improved over the last effort isnt even nearly as ridiculous as you are making out. Settle down.