Draft Day ***Day 2 Draft Thread ***

Status
Not open for further replies.

CowboyinMD

Reaction score
That’s the exact response I expected. Keep drinking the koolaid and look forward to our 8-8 seasons forever!

I have no friggin' control how good (or bad) this team's gonna be. I'm a fan for life. I just so happen to remember 4 SB championship teams in my lifetime. Even if I live to be 100, that's still better than some franchises.

Look, it is what it is, but all y'all jumping up and down saying Marinella sucks and that the FO doesn't know what they're doing won't change a damn thing.

As for me, 8-8 will be disappointing, as it always is. Is that gonna keep me from coming back and cheering the team the following year? Nope.

Vintage

The Cult of Jib
Reaction score
For those pining about building the trenches....

3 1st rounders on the OL, a 2nd, and a unique situation with a 1st round talent in Collins.

2nd in Lawrence, 2nd in Gregory, 3rd in Collins, 3rd in Crawford, 2nd in Hill, 4th in Armstrong, trade for Quinn, 1st on Charlton

Beaker42

Reaction score
I'm perfectly fine with the pick.

I couldn't care less what Marinelli thinks, if you watched the tape on the kid you saw the ability and quickness.

We are going to be rotating this kid in with Collins at the 3T which means he'll be fresh and ready to wreck havoc.

Again, this was pick #58.....the 3rd round started at pick #65.

We weren't picking in the Top 10.
We’ve had ONE pick while it feels like the Cards, Colts and Raiders have drafted entirely new teams.

817Gill

Reaction score
I wanted CGJ since day one as our safety pick, if we could somehow get him (probably have to move up) then I will be completely behind the Hill pick. Kid has lot's of potential, I just hate any player who has issues with coaching and whatnot.
Feel that. But if you read what Hill just said he literally said it was a dream come true play for Rod. He did have a coaching staff change in college after year 2 so if the kid is calling for a coach then you gotta assume he’s gonna come in and work. We’ll see though

cowboyec

Reaction score
For those pining about building the trenches....

3 1st rounders on the OL, a 2nd, and a unique situation with a 1st round talent in Collins.

2nd in Lawrence, 2nd in Gregory, 3rd in Collins, 3rd in Crawford, 2nd in Hill, 4th in Armstrong, trade for Quinn
does Crawford go back to DE with this pick?

817Gill

Reaction score
Ok let's move on, does anyone know much about the following safeties who might be around @ 90?

Mike Edwards - Kentucky
Amani Hooker - Iowa
Will Harris - BC
Hooker can play. He wouldn’t have been a surprise pick for a team in round 2.

Dallas likes Harris and he is versatile

Carson

Reaction score
Ok let's move on, does anyone know much about the following safeties who might be around @ 90?

Mike Edwards - Kentucky
Amani Hooker - Iowa
Will Harris - BC

Hooker and Harris are SS types. Harris has a knack for fumbles. Hooker would be an amazing pick in the 3rd

Bluefin

Reaction score
No. I’m not picking anyone apart. I’m saying that there are people that hate the pick right now, just like there were people that hated the LVE pick last year, which turned out to be a good pick. I think people should wait before they say this is a wasted pick.
I'm not saying it's a wasted pick, but he wasn't close to the best guy available, making it a poor use of our first selection in the draft this year.

Whether Trysten Hill pans out or not has nothing to do with it, I don't believe he was close to the 58th best player in this year's class.

Bad call, IMO.

Status
Not open for further replies.