Draft Day ***Day 2 Draft Thread ***

Status
Not open for further replies.

Beast_from_East

Reaction score
Love it!!! We are Super Bowl bound...even if we don't go.:)

What an idiot, he apparently thinks he was playing at Clemsen with the power rangers.

He got benched because he is a loud mouth discontent that talks back to the coaches and openly questions the game plan, play calling, and everything else.

I hate the pick, he is Taco 2.0

MikeT22

Reaction score

Risen Star

Likes Collector
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
Two things we've learned from Rod Marinelli yesterday.

1) He makes all his rookie linemen sign a personal contract with him that they will play the "right" way. Not metaphorically but literally. Sign and date here. Here's your copy.

2) DeMarcus Lawrence's nickname is the Dancing Lizard.

gmoney112

Reaction score

1) He makes all his rookie linemen sign a personal contract with him that they will play the "right" way. Not metaphorically but literally. Sign and date here. Here's your copy.

Sounds like someone is Smuckers.

Smuckers jelly.

Risen Star

Likes Collector
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
I'll give it an A. (But I'm fine if anyone wants to give it an F: these grades are worthless before two of the guys have even set foot on an NFL field.)

Amari was a home run, even though he'll cost much more in cap space than any 2019 first round pick.

Trysten Hill is what this team does in the 2nd round. They look for a guy with 1st round talent and huge upside but questions. Often the questions surround the player's health (Sean Lee, Bruce Carter, Jaylon Smith). In this case, the questions surround his production (the 'character' concerns seem way overblown). But everyone seems to agree that he has elite explosion and a non-stop motor. His lack of finish seems to be down to some issues with technique. That's something you'd expect Marinelli to be able to help him with.

McGovern was apparently BPA on the team's board by a long-shot (as well as a consensus value pick) and fills a low-key need going forward, given that Collins will almost surely be allowed to walk.

(Now they just need to go get that safety all the crybabies on this board are pining for -- maybe Hooker -- and a backup RB so I can give them a meaningless A+)

F-, homer.

Beast_from_East

Reaction score
Worst draft in 10 years. Grade is a resounding F based on a stupid philosophy of drafting replacements for guys you may not keep next year instead of drafting good players who can help this year.

Yep, I give it an F also.

Drafting replacements for soon to be free agents is not how the draft is suppose to work. Who even came up with this strategy?

This team is drafting like they were 15-1 last season.

Hardline

Reaction score
If Hill eats up double team blocks and keeps the Linebackers clean it will be worth it
We all know what we have in Cooper.
The other two don't get graded until a few years.

LucaBrasi

Sleeps with the fishes
Reaction score

They must not have read the fine print on Gregory, Irving, or Taco’s “Hot Rod” contracts.

Bluefin

Reaction score

Cowboys!!

Christian Wilkins was selected 13th overall.

And multiple teams had Trysten Hill graded higher?

And those teams simply sat on their hands watching Hill fall to Dallas at #58, while everyone and their grandmother knew about the Cowboys' interest?

I'm grateful the rest of the NFL did us a solid.

gimmesix

Fat, drunk and stupid is no way to go through life
Reaction score
I think we should sticky this thread for a year because if Hill turns out fine, then we'll know exactly who overreacted. And if he doesn't, we'll know who just blindly supports everything Dallas does.

I'm personally cautious about the pick. I think he has good traits, but there are questions that make it a risky pick. I would have went with Thornhill or Rapp as the safer choices, or even DreMont Jones.

gimmesix

Fat, drunk and stupid is no way to go through life
Reaction score
Christian Wilkins was selected 13th overall.

And multiple teams had Trysten Hill graded higher?

And those teams simply sat on their hands watching Hill fall to Dallas at #58, while everyone and their grandmother knew about the Cowboys' interest?

I'm grateful the rest of the NFL did us a solid.

It's possible that he was graded higher abilitywise, but concerns about him kept him from being an early consideration. Plus some of those teams might not have had Wilkins rated very high.

Status
Not open for further replies.