Draft Day ***Day 2 Draft Thread ***

Status
Not open for further replies.

superonyx

Reaction score
Can he play OT. They were saying on the Ticket his arms are too short for T
He played it at a high level at Texas. Plus his feet and agility are his strength.

That said I doubt he is moved to tackle. This pick was just depth. We are afraid of injuries.

gmoney112

Reaction score
Wonder if this means Williams will be given a shot at RT?

Not my favorite pick because I would have taken the safety Gardner-Johnson or even the tight end Dawson Knox because I think we're weaker at those spots than we are on the OL.

Collins is the odd man out as far as signings. He's gone after next year. Looney is also up after this season and will be 30 next year.

So, McGovern gets a year and provides depth at C/G, then William's likely going to RT in 2020.

I mean, not a terrible move if you think William's can actually play RT. I probably would have taken Chauncey, but getting ahead of an OL situation isn't the worst thing that could have happened.

McGovern is a pretty good player.

CowboyinMD

Reaction score
LOL....I have a 5th round grade on this kid. The tape I saw he was playing right tackle...and was getting beat like a drum.

What the hell are we doing???? This pick makes no sense what so ever....unless Fred Beard is done.

D5IKgDiXoAs2XtH.jpg

He was rated in the low-mid 80s pick wise on most boards. Easily PSU's best OL the past few years. I should know...seen all the games.

Let me just put this out there ... there's a reason why RBs Saquan and Miles Sanders had so much success, especially between the tackles.

kiheikiwi

Maui No Ka Oi
Reaction score
Yeah. They had opportunities to dramatically improve weaknesses but instead are drafting for needs in 2020 and beyond. If they go to bed tonight with Heath still starting, then they have failed big time especially with who was available at both picks.
Shades of 2009, not as bad but backups at both spots ?

Patrick

Reaction score
I hate that we drafted a player high to act as an insurance policy and an eventual starter in a few years. Always playing the long game and ending up chasing our tails. Look how well it’s worked out for us the last 25 years...

Cowboys: We are a win now team!!

Also the Cowboys: Welllllllll, let us get some depth at this position instead of getting quality at a position of need that will help us win now.

speedkilz88

Reaction score
I hate that we drafted a player high to act as an insurance policy and an eventual starter in a few years. Always playing the long game and ending up chasing our tails. Look how well it’s worked out for us the last 25 years...
Few years? Try next year.

Pessimist_cowboy

Reaction score
LOL....I have a 5th round grade on this kid. The tape I saw he was playing right tackle...and was getting beat like a drum.

What the hell are we doing???? This pick makes no sense what so ever....unless Fred Beard is done.

D5IKgDiXoAs2XtH.jpg
Yeah well hall of Fame scout Gil Brandt has him 31st overall. So I’ll take his opinion.

Status
Not open for further replies.