Draft Day ***Day 2 Draft Thread ***

Status
Not open for further replies.

Patrick

Reaction score
We don't need a quality safety. But we do need a sixth lineman. Try to keep up.

7th*

Fleming is still here, oh, plus XSU, he played solid in games he had to play. Can't forget Looney who could potentially move to guard if Fred is healthy.

We were DESPERATE for another OL this draft though.

NickZepp

Reaction score
I figured we would get Evans who can play both tackle spots. May be a guy that can take over for Smith in a couple years.

Nightman

Capologist
Reaction score
Quinn.... Hyder.....Covington.... Cobb..... Witten.....Iloka...... TAustin.....SLee..... AHurns

Left very few holes.....we were thin in 2020 on DT and OG

Still need a FS and RB with 4 picks and UDFA

817Gill

Reaction score
Even though I wanted a safety there honestly is 3-4 S still on the board in round 4 that we would have taken 2/3 and been happy with. The league is valuing the position differently which could result in us getting our guy in round 4.

Woods went from 3rd round grade to 6th round pick

NickZepp

Reaction score
Safety is a position that doesn't really matter as much if you can put pressure on QBs. I don't see safety as the big issue others here do.

Bizwah

Reaction score
Love our OL depth.

Fleming, Looney, McGovern. Sua-Filo....that's nice.

No depth at RB.

CowboyinMD

Reaction score
Like I said: this kid is solid as a rock. Didn't notice him some PSU game though. You know why? Cuz he did his job very well, that's why. What do you think of Sanders going to Philly? I don't like it for us. Sanders is......really good too.

Yeah, I think MS is very underrated, partly because he was following a legend, but also because their offensive scheme (RPO) did not afford him a steady amount of carries. I mean, all of his handoffs from the QBTrace McSorley were out if the shotgun. Dude will be an excellent downhill runner, and has the durability to carry 20-25+ times a game.

morat1959

Reaction score
I like taking a guard because we're going to be running the ball a lot for years, we need to get better in the red zone, and Fred is pretty much up in the air right now.
The play calling and QB play needs to get better for us to be productive in the red zone.

Status
Not open for further replies.