Draft Day ***Day 2 Draft Thread ***

Status
Not open for further replies.

Carson

Reaction score
People are mad that McGovern can't contribute in 2019, but looking at the draft board, who could we have picked instead who would've contributed.

I like Miles Boykin, who went right after us. Legit 99th percentile NFL athlete who might even make it as the third receiver. But other than him, I'm not seeing much.

This is very true.

People expect to just draft Earl Thomas, Joe Thomas, Warren Sapp and Bobby Wagner in the first few rounds

Sydla

Reaction score
Two seasons?.....he could start this year over Looney but he doesn't have to..... it is called depth and how you build a team

What starter are you getting at 90?

Where is Looney starting? You counting on Frederick not being able to play?

And you could have taken a guy like Hooker who likely would play a lot more at S than McGovern might play as a backup OG.

How much more do we need to invest in the OL?

Teams have built better and deeper OLs with less resources than we have poured into the position.

speedkilz88

Reaction score
People are mad that McGovern can't contribute in 2019, but looking at the draft board, who could we have picked instead who would've contributed.

I like Miles Boykin, who went right after us. Legit 99th percentile NFL athlete who might even make it as the third receiver. Chauncey Gardner has the talent to start at safety, but I guarantee you he is falling for a reason; the league knows something there that we don't. And other than those two, I'm not seeing much.
Gardner-Johnson could probably start but instead of the guy acting like Michael Irvin apparently he came off more like former Cowboy Antonio Bryant

Rogerthat12

DWAREZ
Reaction score
Agree, that's what I was trying to say. Hill could have been had later, and McGovern is a good pick, but not for us.

Our draft has potential though, we just didn't draft a "sexy" guy. But as a team, we really needed a safety IMO.

Yes, I agree and a S that was higher then say a fourth rounder.

Would be pleased if the could get Hooker in the 4th.

Nightman

Capologist
Reaction score

And you could have taken a guy like Hooker who likely would play a lot more at S than McGovern might play as a backup OG.

Teams have built better and deeper OLs with less resources than we have poured into the position.
Hooker is still there.......lol

Hennessy_King

Reaction score

This 100%. This could have waited until 2020

eromeopolk

Reaction score
I am intrigued that Hakeem Butler, WR, Iowa St. is still on the board. You can not coach 6-6-220, 4.4 40 yd time, 22 ypc and +1300 yds his jr. year. Know on can stay with him in the endzone with a 36" vert and 6-6 frame.

He could be the Harper to Cooper allowing Gallup to move to slot and play X and Y.

Sydla

Reaction score
Sorry your pet cat got passed over

He actually was never my pet cat.

Frankly they likely blew it at S when they took Hill over all the options on the board at that pick.

There was also a report they figured they could go Hill at 58 because Harris would be there at 90 and that blew up when Harris went like 12 spots before their 3rd round pick.

They continue to ignore what is easily one of their biggest issues.

Silver Surfer

Reaction score

pacboyX

Reaction score
T Fred returning from a season long illness
Tyron with annual back issues and getting older
Collins a FA next year
Fleming nothing special
Williams probably better suited for tackle

If you still don't understand the McGovern pick I can't help you.

Still don’t understand our frustration at safety I can’t help you.

Sydla

Reaction score

Great, they’ve picked some really good players.

But how have they done in building a “team” that has won something?

Status
Not open for further replies.