Day 2 Thread

Cowboyny

Reaction score
If you are going to pull the trigger on Wilson, this is the area where he is worth the risk. It’s a roll of a dice, but we are taking about a 1st td talent who is healthy now and for the last 2 seasons

cnuball21

Reaction score
Beebe 46 on the consensus big board…great value but hate double dipping at OL.

AKATheRake

Reaction score
Beene not a bad pick. The oline has a lot of depth and competition. Bebe can play guard and RT

Cowboyny

Reaction score
Beebe 46 on the consensus big board…great value but hate double dipping at OL.
You knew it was going to happen last night. It’s looking like they are clearing out salary after next season, Martin, DLaw could be gone in 2025. Beebe is a good player and probably could play center next season or even start at guard to give Guyton more time to develop

marchetta

Reaction score

Cooper Beebe OG Kansas St​

by Drew Boylhart • April 1, 2024​

STRENGTHS
Cooper is the best pure guard in this draft. He has the size and foot speed to be used in any style of offensive line-blocking scheme. He shows on film, enough lateral agility to play more than one position on the offensive line. Cooper shows leadership skills through his play on the field. He is a confident player and always alert to making a block and sliding to help out his teammates. Cooper does an excellent job going to the second level and making blocks. He can be used on screens and sweeps because of his agility and high football IQ to pick up his block when he is on the move. He has played left and right tackle early in his college career but for the next level, left guard will be his impact position.
CONCERNS
I would give Cooper a 1st round grade if he could play center but to my knowledge, he has never played the position. It’s a personal issue with me, I like my guards to be able to play center and my centers to be able to play guard. You would be surprised how many cannot play both. I’ll nitpick here a little bit when run blocking, Cooper does forget (at times) to continue to move his feet once engaged and drive his player off the line. I got to nit-pick at something…
BOTTOM LINE: 2.08
If Copper can make all the snaps and still get out of his stance quickly with a 335 LB behemoth over his head, then Cooper becomes one of the most valuable and talented offensive linemen in this draft. Right now, he is a pure guard, a plug-and-play guard, a forget about drafting his position for the next ten years, guard. Cooper is THE safest pick in this draft. By all means, feel free to select him in the first round. If you work him out at center, and he looks like he can play that position, he would be a top-15 pick on my board, even with the obvious talent at the offensive tackle position in this draft. That being said, as a pure guard Cooper is the best in this draft. I just wish he played center because for me the true skilled position on offense is, QB, LT, and Center. If your offense doesn’t have Pro Bowl talent at those three positions, your team will struggle to make the playoffs.

bleachedwheat

Reaction score
Finally a good pick, Beebe is a beast. I will pretend they drafted him at 56 and Kneeland at 73. More where they should have been selected.

Cowboyny

Reaction score

Cooper Beebe OG Kansas St​

by Drew Boylhart • April 1, 2024​

STRENGTHS
Cooper is the best pure guard in this draft. He has the size and foot speed to be used in any style of offensive line-blocking scheme. He shows on film, enough lateral agility to play more than one position on the offensive line. Cooper shows leadership skills through his play on the field. He is a confident player and always alert to making a block and sliding to help out his teammates. Cooper does an excellent job going to the second level and making blocks. He can be used on screens and sweeps because of his agility and high football IQ to pick up his block when he is on the move. He has played left and right tackle early in his college career but for the next level, left guard will be his impact position.
CONCERNS
I would give Cooper a 1st round grade if he could play center but to my knowledge, he has never played the position. It’s a personal issue with me, I like my guards to be able to play center and my centers to be able to play guard. You would be surprised how many cannot play both. I’ll nitpick here a little bit when run blocking, Cooper does forget (at times) to continue to move his feet once engaged and drive his player off the line. I got to nit-pick at something…
BOTTOM LINE: 2.08
If Copper can make all the snaps and still get out of his stance quickly with a 335 LB behemoth over his head, then Cooper becomes one of the most valuable and talented offensive linemen in this draft. Right now, he is a pure guard, a plug-and-play guard, a forget about drafting his position for the next ten years, guard. Cooper is THE safest pick in this draft. By all means, feel free to select him in the first round. If you work him out at center, and he looks like he can play that position, he would be a top-15 pick on my board, even with the obvious talent at the offensive tackle position in this draft. That being said, as a pure guard Cooper is the best in this draft. I just wish he played center because for me the true skilled position on offense is, QB, LT, and Center. If your offense doesn’t have Pro Bowl talent at those three positions, your team will struggle to make the playoffs.
Sounds like a fantastic pick. When you look at the trade, 2 starters future starters is a good trade. Yes gave up a blue chip corner, but had major needs along the OL and even more when Martin retires

Verdammung

Reaction score
They are pouring gasoline on the prospect of Beebe playing Center on the Draft Show. If he can really do it, I am ecstatic.

AKATheRake

Reaction score
If Payton Wilson is there at our pick, hope we get him.
Jaylen Wright is a decent consolation.

bleachedwheat

Reaction score
People are talking about Lloyd being the pick at 87. I don't want a RB until day 3 but if they do take a RB he would be the one to grab. I have him as the number 2 back in the entire draft, only behind Benson. So we will see. I'd prefer a trade back first.

Verdammung

Reaction score
My pet cat Jalen McMillan is available. Payton Wilson is there. Braelon Allen is the only RB I'm interested in before having to wait for the 5th. I originally projected the McKinnley Jackson as our 3rd rounder.

Cowboyny

Reaction score
My pet cat Jalen McMillan is available. Payton Wilson is there. Braelon Allen is the only RB I'm interested in before having to wait for the 5th. I originally projected the McKinnley Jackson as our 3rd rounder.
Allen is a name to watch here, 30 visitor

Cowboyny

Reaction score
Watch the Eagles take Wilson in from of us, but I sense he might be off our board