Draft Day ****Day 3 Draft Thread****

DFWJC

Reaction score
Here’s an idea - why didn’t WE trade up like every other GD team has done to get their guy? I hate this FO with my entire will to live.
I agree we couldve traded up. But we dont know if that cost them according their board or not

Beaker42

Reaction score
Not crazy about the draft (could be wrong) but where they trying to be cute that your sure of?
They thought “Hey we can get Pollard @126 because no one else thinks Johnson could be a good CB. We’ll get him &136 AND a RB.” Jerks.

Bluefin

Reaction score
Here’s an idea - why didn’t WE trade up like every other GD team has done to get their guy? I hate this FO with my entire will to live.
I've heard Will McClay is a big proponent of not trading up and letting things play out.

I didn't want Isaiah Johnson or John Cominsky in round 4.

Last edited:

PA Cowboy Fan

Reaction score
Man if i see that Amari Cooper was our first round pick one more time.....

If we didnt have to pay Amari $16m a season and got him for 4 more years at $3m aav, it would make more sense
And the reason we gave up our #1 draft pick for him was because of the stupidity of the FO. Should have upgraded when Dez left.

MikeT22

Reaction score
They are taking players ahead of where they should, and thinking the other player will be there when they pick next. Only for that player to be taken ahead of their pick.
It does not seem like their usual plan as to actually taking BPA. Seems they target a player and take him when it is their pick.

Maybe so, maybe not, but to me, this seems to be the case.

They do this all the time. They have a very limited draft board and key in on select players. We often take players a round or so early because we are afraid they won't be around in the next round when they should be taken.

Instead of letting the draft come to us we chase our pet cats.

Sydla

Reaction score
Every year people say we take picks too early. Our draft record the last few years is very good. People thought we took LVE too early.

Our draft record at this point in the draft isn’t all that good.

And LVE was still considered a first round talent by many. That’s not nearly the same thing as taking a guy in the 4th that likely would have been there 2 rounds later.

DFWJC

Reaction score
Man if i see that Amari Cooper was our first round pick one more time.....

If we didnt have to pay Amari $16m a season and got him for 4 more years at $3m aav, it would make more sense
Yes, its very misleading and just trying to be cute

Happy with Cooper but he cost way more than a 1st rounder