Draft Day ***Day one Draft Thread***

LACowboysFan1

Reaction score
Yes, you can. You limit their opportunities to get hit. Offensive starter + special teams player > offensive starter - special teams player.

Players have been hurt in camp, in preseason, and in no contact drills. So you shouldn't let your no. 1 pick participate in camp, or only half the practices? Of course not, who's to say what's "limited"?

Like I said, we aren't going to agree, but I see your point, and it's a valid view, just as mine is...

TheMarathonContinues

Reaction score
I believe you are correct we didnt need Lamb at all that high but took him away from Philly and then Chaisson was philly next target and got taken,... do you think Lamb is far better then Raegor? there were so many great WRS in this draft not sure who wins or loses..
Oh for sure. Lamb was arguably the best receiver in the draft. It was him or Jeudy IMO. Reagor.....solid pick but he was a notch below. It was Ruggs, Jeudy and Lamb.....SOME feel Jefferson belongs in that group. Not sure I feel that way but I do feel like Jefferson was the best of the next level of receivers. I think Reagor is exactly what Wentz needed but I'd be mindful. He looks a lot like Nelson Agholor coming into the draft.

Hennessy_King

Reaction score
See a lot of sites calling Lamb's pickup a "steal". Getting a guy who was projected at say, no 6 and getting him at 17 isn't a ''steal" to me, that's silly. Getting a Staubach or Hayes or such in the later rounds and ending up as a HOF'er is a "steal".

The hyperbole in the media never fails to amaze...:laugh:
Ok boomer

Hennessy_King

Reaction score
Oh for sure. Lamb was arguably the best receiver in the draft. It was him or Jeudy IMO. Reagor.....solid pick but he was a notch below. It was Ruggs, Jeudy and Lamb.....SOME feel Jefferson belongs in that group. Not sure I feel that way but I do feel like Jefferson was the best of the next level of receivers. I think Reagor is exactly what Wentz needed but I'd be mindful. He looks a lot like Nelson Agholor coming into the draft.
Lamb was the #1 wr in the draft. You have to look at the teams. Juedy had ruggs and devonta smith. A top 5 qb and a beast o line to give the offense time. Juedy didnt even have the most yards on his own team. Ruggs is explosive but lacks in route running and has had some catch issues. But same thing on a stacked team.

Lamb carried jalen hurts to a heisman nomination. Reminds me of watching johnny manziel and mike evans making play after play to make johnny look better than he was. Lamb just needs to be in coopers pocket and be more of a tactician and route runner at the next level. He will be unstoppable.

TheMarathonContinues

Reaction score
Lamb was the #1 wr in the draft. You have to look at the teams. Juedy had ruggs and devonta smith. A top 5 qb and a beast o line to give the offense time. Juedy didnt even have the most yards on his own team. Ruggs is explosive but lacks in route running and has had some catch issues. But same thing on a stacked team.

Lamb carried jalen hurts to a heisman nomination. Reminds me of watching johnny manziel and mike evans making play after play to make johnny look better than he was. Lamb just needs to be in coopers pocket and be more of a tactician and route runner at the next level. He will be unstoppable.
I don't disagree. I mainly was bringing up there were about 3 first tier receivers. Reagor wasn't a part of that 1st tier.

TheMarathonContinues

Reaction score
See a lot of sites calling Lamb's pickup a "steal". Getting a guy who was projected at say, no 6 and getting him at 17 isn't a ''steal" to me, that's silly. Getting a Staubach or Hayes or such in the later rounds and ending up as a HOF'er is a "steal".

The hyperbole in the media never fails to amaze...:laugh:

Wait...you don't understand how getting a player 11 spots later than where he was suppose to go is a steal?

Vintage

The Cult of Jib
Reaction score
How quickly do the secondary players come off the board?

We aren’t trading up.

blueblood70

Reaction score
thats pre-draft talk from old data, the NFL has away of neutralizing the talk and making reality's of who will be the stars and who should have been drafted where..with Wentz and a better offense who knows Raegor could be the bigger star..Ridley got buried in similar situation to ours and although looked good so far, he snot been utilized as a high draft pick and layer like Raegor who in philly are desperate for a WR will get more opportunity's and may appear the better WR..

I was thinking Higgins in round 2 wouldn't have been afar drop-off but time will tell..

Oneiros

Reaction score
How quickly do the secondary players come off the board?

We aren’t trading up.
It completely depends on who is drafting ahead of us. There's no doubt that some will some that will fall off the board before out pick.

Although, we should still have a good option for CB or S at #51 without the need for trade up.

TheMarathonContinues

Reaction score
thats pre-draft talk from old data, the NFL has away of neutralizing the talk and making reality's of who will be the stars and who should have been drafted where..with Wentz and a better offense who knows Raegor could be the bigger star..Ridley got buried in similar situation to ours and although looked good so far, he snot been utilized as a high draft pick and layer like Raegor who in philly are desperate for a WR will get more opportunity's and may appear the better WR..

I was thinking Higgins in round 2 wouldn't have been afar drop-off but time will tell..
All you have is "old data" though. And old data says Raegor is a HUGE risk. Potential solid reward. And they know it. THere's a reason why they were trying to trade up for Jeudy or Lamb. There is a huge drop off from them to the next group.

blueblood70

Reaction score
All you have is "old data" though. And old data says Raegor is a HUGE risk. Potential solid reward. And they know it. THere's a reason why they were trying to trade up for Jeudy or Lamb. There is a huge drop off from them to the next group.
many teams trade up for players who BUST..Mitch Tribisky comes to mind :) where you are drafted doesnt make you an instant star..

blueblood70

Reaction score
Who said it did? I'm confused by your stance? Mitch was a reach. Everyone knew that.
Im saying we dont truly know who the best WR in this draft will be until WE DO>.then we can re seed and debate 3 years from now if this was the best pick. Raegor might end up a better weapons' as pro use don ST and on a team with more creativity and balls to go to him vs CD splitting up the pigskin with Coop, Gallup, Pollard, Jarwin and Zeke..:)

I wish the NFL switched the league year to april 22 and have the draft march..if we knew we were getting CeeDEE at 17 im betting we dont sign AC and maybe keep BJ? its backwards imo as teams rather have top talent on rookie deals and fill in FA after..