Twitter: Day One Practice Tweets

Rockport

AmberBeer
Reaction score
Maher is the only Cowboy who currently faces zero competition for his role (no, I am not counting the hybrid punter/kicker Redfern).

There is absolutely no rational excuse that can be made as to why he is in camp completely unchallenged.

The reason I say it is beginning is because here we go. When exactly does the braintrust that apparently prides itself on worrying about nothing until it becomes unbearable and desperate actually think, hmmm, maybe we should put some pressure on a kicker that has proven mediocre results in college and the CFL. Or do we just hail his team record FG kick against the Eagles?

On a Garrett coached team, a kicker who is not damn near perfect is a liability.

Sorry, but that is what we are.
Well the Cowboys talent people absolutely know more than you. You, who are whining about every player on the team.

jazzcat22

Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
Yep, all those drills where they’re trying to get him to throw poorly

“Hey Dak, Show is how it’s not supposed to be done”

:facepalm:

And yet you show your NOT understanding of football fundamentals drills.

Floatyworm

The Labeled One
Reaction score

Ok...I gotta admit....that is the best I've seen Prescott use his feet. That was night vs day compared to what he has been. Let's see if it translates to the field. Looking forward to seeing it.

That RB drill is horrible. RBs need to run w/ their eyes and head up....looking for the hole/open field...that is developing bad habits...looking for contact...cutting down your field of vision. And if your trying to teach a guy to use a stiff arm...jesus...I've seen 7 year old kids hit harder. Hit that freaking helmet like a man!!! You think your gonna stiff arm someone by tapping them on the helmet? Practice like your going to play in the games...and then on game day...It's second nature.

Floatyworm

The Labeled One
Reaction score
Can someone please explain to me why Connor has a LB’ers number and not a 70 series?

yup...I've hated his number from day 1..He should have grabbed 75 if he was kicking outside....or maybe 63 if he was going to stick @ G.

Floatyworm

The Labeled One
Reaction score
Can someone post how Zeke did?

TxE0Mes.jpg

WinnipegBoy22

Reaction score
Maher is the only Cowboy who currently faces zero competition for his role (no, I am not counting the hybrid punter/kicker Redfern).

There is absolutely no rational excuse that can be made as to why he is in camp completely unchallenged.

The reason I say it is beginning is because here we go. When exactly does the braintrust that apparently prides itself on worrying about nothing until it becomes unbearable and desperate actually think, hmmm, maybe we should put some pressure on a kicker that has proven mediocre results in college and the CFL. Or do we just hail his team record FG kick against the Eagles?

On a Garrett coached team, a kicker who is not damn near perfect is a liability.

Sorry, but that is what we are.
There are currently 2-3 really good CFL kickers but they are signed to their teams and NFL teams cannot just sign them.