***Day Three Draft Thread***

Killerinstinct

Reaction score
JJT via ESPN:

"The Cowboys wanted to draft Paxton Lynch and keep him on the bench for a couple of seasons, which would've drawn praise. They draft LB Jaylon Smith, who will probably miss at least one season with a knee injury, and the pick draws considerable criticism. Interesting."

He's right.

I think noone hates the Smith pick. They simply believe that he could have been drafted later and they are right. If you were watching the War Room Cam you witnessed some funny stuff. Their guy got picked. They panicked and couldn't get the phones to work and then reached at pick 34. PIck 34 is a valuable commodity. They could have traded down several times accumulating picks and still drafted Smith.

Texas_Pete

Reaction score
Todd Archer via ESPN:

"Jerry Jones said second-round pick Jaylon Smith was among the top five players on the Cowboys' draft board, which would mean they have selected two of their top five players with the team selecting Ezekiel Elliott at No. 4 overall."

This is true. Smith could surpass Lee as our best LB once he gets healthy. Given the fact that our team surgeon performed the surgery, the odds are strong that he returns 100%.

Chuck 54

Reaction score
Only teams looking for NT would look to Billings, and as a NT, he plays too high.
Another guy who might become a poor man's Wilfork with good coaching. If not......

MRV52

rat2k8
Reaction score
David onyemata wa
I didn't know University of Manitoba was abbreviated as UMan. That wins all day long!

Actually U of M. I am from Manitoba. Great pick by the Saints this kid in 2 years will be something else. They held his own Pro Day and he killed it, some 28 NFL scouts came to see him. Eagles were one of the teams that were really impressed and I thought they would get him. This kid will be better than Israel Indonije who played for Chicago. He was also from Manitoba.

visionary

Reaction score
JJT via ESPN:

"The Cowboys wanted to draft Paxton Lynch and keep him on the bench for a couple of seasons, which would've drawn praise. They draft LB Jaylon Smith, who will probably miss at least one season with a knee injury, and the pick draws considerable criticism. Interesting."

He's right.

A player who can play sitting and learning is not the same as a player who might never play in the NFL

robjay04

Reaction score
A player who can play sitting and learning is not the same as a player who might never play in the NFL

Cowboys would have never considered drafting him if they thought there was any chance at all he wouldn't play again. Buying into a media narrative that is actually two weeks old (many considered his knee issue less than Jack before the draft) is just uninformed.

I don't love the Jaylon pick, they could've done better but it's done. He will play for us, I am confident in that.