Draft Day ***Day THREE draft thread***

USArmyVet

Reaction score
In the 4th round, if he is still there, I would like to see Dallas grab TE Harrison Bryant, CB Bryce Hall, or DT Leki Fotu. Dallas could use an upgrade at TE #2 and although Dallas signed 2 DT's in free agency and drafted one in the 3rd round, both the free agent DT's are older, Crawford should be released to save Dallas $7M+ against the cap, and the jury is still out on 2019 2nd round DT Trystan Hill. As for CB, yes Dallas drafted Diggs in the 2nd round but Lewis and Awuzie are free agents in 2021 along with S Woods and S Dix.

In the 5th round and later, Dallas needs to find depth at the Safety and Linebacker spots along with possibly a rotational DE.

mathew1184

Reaction score
Off the top of my head
Akeem Davis Gaither
Bradley Anea
Tyler Biadaz
Gabe Davis
Keith Ismeal
Albert Okwuegnuno
Harrison Bryant
Darnay Holmes
Bryce Hall
Amik Robertson...

Still so many great players left..Im excited

Irvin88_4life

Reaction score
In the 4th round, if he is still there, I would like to see Dallas grab TE Harrison Bryant, CB Bryce Hall, or DT Leki Fotu. Dallas could use an upgrade at TE #2 and although Dallas signed 2 DT's in free agency and drafted one in the 3rd round, both the free agent DT's are older, Crawford should be released to save Dallas $7M+ against the cap, and the jury is still out on 2019 2nd round DT Trystan Hill. As for CB, yes Dallas drafted Diggs in the 2nd round but Lewis and Awuzie are free agents in 2021 along with S Woods and S Dix.

In the 5th round and later, Dallas needs to find depth at the Safety and Linebacker spots along with possibly a rotational DE.
Don't rule out edge guys here in the 4th, plenty of good options left. Would be hard to pass on Hall though if he is available. I have a 2nd-3rd round grade on him.

Teague31

Defender of the Star
Reaction score
Guarantee Asiasi was their target in the 4th. Damn Pats

ShortRound

Reaction score
IxlSsgM.gif

PJTHEDOORS

Reaction score

Another CB? With Diggs on board I think we have 6 signed.

USArmyVet

Reaction score
Another CB? With Diggs on board I think we have 6 signed.

Here is what Dallas has in terms of the secondary and contract years remaining:

CORNERBACK

A. Brown UFA 2023
J. Lewis UFA 2021
C. Awuzie UFA 2021
M. Canady UFA 2021
CJ Goodwin UFA 2021
DJ White UFA 2022
D. Burton RFA 2022
C. Westry UFA 2022
S. Smith ERFA 2022
T. Diggs UFA 2024

SAFETIES

H. Dix UFA 2021
X. Woods UFA 2021
D. Thompson UFA 2022
D. Wilson UFA 2023

So, Dallas has 10 total CB's (practice squad included) under contract but 2 of their 3 starters from 2019 (Lewis and Awuzie) in their last year of contract. So while Diggs is in essence replacing the departed Byron Jones, you have to look at adding at least 1 more quality draft pick to prepare for one or both of Lewis and Awuzie leaving after this season.

As for the Safety position, both projected starters for this season (Woods and Dix) are set to be free agents after this year with really nobody behind them.

Teague31

Defender of the Star
Reaction score
Don’t be surprised to see us take James Morgan from FIU. Other than Hurts he was the only QB we talked to. I heard somewhere McCarthy has a personal connection to him

fishspill

Reaction score
I don’t think there’s anymore Sooners worth drafting so we can stop focusing there.