C. Westry UFA 2022
S. Smith ERFA 2022
T. Diggs UFA 2024

SAFETIES

H. Dix UFA 2021
X. Woods UFA 2021
D. Thompson UFA 2022
D. Wilson UFA 2023

So, Dallas has 10 total CB's (practice squad included) under contract but 2 of their 3 starters from 2019 (Lewis and Awuzie) in their last year of contract. So while Diggs is in essence replacing the departed Byron Jones, you have to look at adding at least 1 more quality draft pick to prepare for one or both of Lewis and Awuzie leaving after this season.

As for the Safety position, both projected starters for this season (Woods and Dix) are set to be free agents after this year with really nobody behind them.

So how many cb's will make the roster?

cowboyec

Reaction score
another hybrid I like...Nick Coe,Auburn.
some have him as a DE.
some a LB.
I wouldn't hate to get him here.

Established1971

fiveandcounting
Reaction score
IxlSsgM.gif
I did that split once in a laundry room accident and I hyperextended my knee, pulled my hamstring, bruised my calf, pulled my achilles and bruised my butt, my whole leg ankle to hip was purple front and back for a month
so yeah, ouch

Hardline

Reaction score
Albert Okwuegbunam would be a steal at this point. Last Year he was considered one of the best in the country.

Daillest88

Reaction score
they gave him 100m despite all the injuries and only now After starting all 16 games they’re worried about his health? That’s your guarantee?
I’m sorry didn’t wentz just get injured in the playoffs? If he gets injured again and hurtz comes out and balls, what do you think there gonna do? Wentz isn’t even 30 yet , and the fact y’all passed up all that talent in the 2nd round for a backup qb is definitely alarming. I could only imagine if the cowboys did that crap. But glad y’all made the move lol

Aerolithe_Lion

Reaction score
I’m sorry didn’t wentz just get injured in the playoffs? If he gets injured again and hurtz comes out and balls, what do you think there gonna do? Wentz isn’t even 30 yet , and the fact y’all passed up all that talent in the 2nd round for a backup qb is definitely alarming. I could only imagine if the cowboys did that crap. But glad y’all made the move lol

He got a concussion from a cheap shot, I don’t think that’s comparable to ‘injury prune’ narratives

Irvin88_4life

Reaction score
Well I think Antonio Gandy-Golden will be an absolute steal today but I doubt the Cowboys have an interest in another receiver. Even if he's way better than CeeDee Lamb.

I'm hoping we get Anae or Fromm.
I would be ok with either of those picks depending on who is available. I'm not high on Gandy-Golden but heard a few people like him a ton. I could see another receiver taken in this draft because of really no quality depth behind the top 3.

Risen Star

Likes Collector
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
another hybrid I like...Nick Coe,Auburn.
some have him as a DE.
some a LB.
I wouldn't hate to get him here.

From Bob McGinn's scout report this year.

SCOUTS’ NIGHTMARE

Nick Coe, Auburn: A four-year DE out of Asheboro, N.C., Coe posted a seven-sack season in 2018 before the roof fell in. At 6-4 ½ and 277, he’s a physical specimen with loads of ability. But according to a scout, he fell asleep in meetings, complained about his role and ended up being benched. Now, he might not even be drafted. “You think you’ve got to give this guy a chance just because he’s body beautiful,” said one scout. “But the guy made like four plays all year.”

Irvin88_4life

Reaction score
From Bob McGinn's scout report this year.

SCOUTS’ NIGHTMARE

Nick Coe, Auburn: A four-year DE out of Asheboro, N.C., Coe posted a seven-sack season in 2018 before the roof fell in. At 6-4 ½ and 277, he’s a physical specimen with loads of ability. But according to a scout, he fell asleep in meetings, complained about his role and ended up being benched. Now, he might not even be drafted. “You think you’ve got to give this guy a chance just because he’s body beautiful,” said one scout. “But the guy made like four plays all year.”
Wow, the scout actually said he's body is beautiful......

DFWJC

Reaction score
Albert Okwuegbunam would be a steal at this point. Last Year he was considered one of the best in the country.
Lot's of good ones available, that slipped through the cracks!
AO is probably in the top 20-25 still available and we pick 17th, so you never know.

Risen Star

Likes Collector
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
Brugler's favorite day 3 pick at each position (I can't link this)

QB: Jake Fromm, Georgia
RB: Joshua Kelly, UCLA
WR: James Proche, SMU
TE: Harrison Bryant, Florida Atlantic
OT: Cameron Clark, Charlotte
IOL: Kevin Dotson, Louisiana-Lafayette
Edge: Khalid Kareem, Notre Dame
DT: James Lynch, Baylor
LB: Akeem Davis-Gaither, Appalachian St.
CB: John Reid, Penn St.
S: Geno Stone, Iowa
RS: Joe Reed, Virginia