Draft Day ***Day THREE draft thread***

ultron

Reaction score
I can only imagine ESPN or maybe the NFL asked all these guys to give a story of a close family member who has passed (or a sad event) that gave them motivation. Perhaps they are trying to get fans to be more sentimental to players coming into the league?
Yea I understand that, but I’ve lost 6 family members to suicide or OD in the last 5 years, it’s pretty tough for someone that has dealt with so much loss and depression to hear about all of these kids losing people close to them - I think it’s a bit unnecessary.

Risen Star

Likes Collector
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
From Bob McGinn's scout report on edge rushers.

6. BRADLEE ANAE, Utah (6-3 ½, 257, 4.93, 2-3): Anae is a three-year starter at LE. “Some guys know how to rush the quarterback and some guys don’t,” said one scout. “Bradlee Anae does. He’s got a great feel for it. Knows how to counter pressure. Can really turn the corner. Really good with his hands. Similar to Nick Bosa that way. He has the right mentality. People were saying he’s a meathead. Do you want a bookworm to play defensive end?” Anae broke the school-record of 29 ½ sacks by Hunter Dimick with 30 and also had 135 tackles (41 ½ for loss) and six forced fumbles. “He’s going to be a pain in the *** (for offenses),” another scout said. “He has talent but there’s not a lot of skill. He can bend a little bit but it’s more just quickness off the ball and he just doesn’t stop. Like the Energizer Bunny. His sacks will come from effort or winning right off the bat as opposed to skill.” Anae ran a slow 40 and his arm length of 32 1/8 was the shortest of the leading edge rushers. “He’s not an elite guy,” said a third scout. “He’s been a big hype guy. He had a good Senior Bowl. He’s not that talented as a rusher in terms of twitch, explosiveness.” Anae is from Laie, Hawaii.

fivetwos

Reaction score
Why not? Instant contributor with one hell of a leg, that would give Dallas..dare I say..a LEG up on the division.

Upgrading the punter last year could have swayed a few games in the Cowboys favor.
Absolutely, but theres a million punters out there and they just used the pick on a potential very good pass rusher.