Draft Day ***Day THREE draft thread***

RamziD

Reaction score
Don't let his stats fool you. He's the reason they didn't win the championship the last couple years. I live one hour above James Madison I follow them closely. Lol . Scout team quarterback

What was it about him specifically? He looks athletic and can make plays with his feet as well. Was it decision-making?

Oneiros

Reaction score
Overall a great draft for us. Only real head scratcher was our 7th but I'm up for taking a chance on a developmental QB.

Now I can't wait to see who we bring in as UDFA's.

Chappy

Reaction score
Love Nucci pick so late.

Plenty of raw natural talent to work with here folks and goodbye Cooper Rush.

fivetwos

Reaction score
They chose the QB they liked best and didn't want to have to compete for in UFA. It doesn't matter where he is ranked. He's the guy MM wanted to work with.
He can throw, he can move, and he has the size.

Not sure what else anyone expects from a developmental QB. I'm way more excited about Nooch than Rush. Promise you that.

gimmesix

Fat, drunk and stupid is no way to go through life
Reaction score
Tell you what....Dinucci looks the part.

Looks like he has some skills to work with.

Reminds me of Romo a little the way he avoids pressure and he has a bit of a sidearm motion.

Maybe they didnt think they could get him here if he had a choice.

I've seen WAY worse picks by this team over the years.

Yeah, the probability of a guy named DiNucci wanting to move to Texas was likely not that high.

northernvacowboysfan

Reaction score
What was it about him specifically? He looks athletic and can make plays with his feet as well. Was it decision-making?
Decision making is top of the list. Has taken unnecessary sacks. Tends to force throws when they're not there. He can scramble and keep plays alive but doesn't have that strong of an arm. He faced a lot of single coverage in college JMU had a great running game.

willia451

Reaction score
Not going to knock it considering we grabbed a UDFA QB named Tony Romo a few years back and that turned out pretty well for us.
Love the vid.

R8duLWB.gif

fivetwos

Reaction score
I saw him play at JMU last year. Watched most JMU games this year (I attended there). He was ahead usually. When he was behind you expected him to win anyway. Even when JMU played D1, you felt like you had a chance. But the championship game this year was ugly and he didn’t play well (versus NDSU).
Thx for that.

NDSU seems to be on a bit of a different scale recruit wise after the Wentz pub.

May not have been all that fair last year when you think about who was blocking for him vs who was chasing him

gimmesix

Reaction score
Overall a great draft for us. Only real head scratcher was our 7th but I'm up for taking a chance on a developmental QB.

Now I can't wait to see who we bring in as UDFA's.

For me, the only disappointments were not addressing the safety position and getting a punter. However, I cannot argue with the value of our first six picks. I also don't know if any position player taken in the seventh round other than punter would stand more of a chance to make the roster than DiNucci.

CF74

Vet Min Plus
Reaction score
Tell you what....Dinucci looks the part.

Looks like he has some skills to work with.

Reminds me of Romo a little the way he avoids pressure and he has a bit of a sidearm motion.

Maybe they didnt think they could get him here if he had a choice.

I've seen WAY worse picks by this team over the years.

Hopefully he makes preseason football great again...

gimmesix

Reaction score
Decision making is top of the list. Has taken unnecessary sacks. Tends to force throws when they're not there. He can scramble and keep plays alive but doesn't have that strong of an arm. He faced a lot of single coverage in college JMU had a great running game.

Most of the videos I've seen show him having to move around quite a bit, which would indicate the pass blocking wasn't very good.

Hardline

Reaction score
For me, the only disappointments were not addressing the safety position and getting a punter. However, I cannot argue with the value of our first six picks. I also don't know if any position player taken in the seventh round other than punter would stand more of a chance to make the roster than DiNucci.
I was disappointed when the Texas A&M punter went off the board to the Jets. I really thought we might draft him up to that point.

willia451

Reaction score
Hopefully he makes preseason football great again...

Preseason? Did you see that video? I be you didn't watch it. How well produced it was. The music? The action? The movement? The effects?

You have no soul!!!

My new pet cat!!! He will be yours. Just wait and see.

northernvacowboysfan

Reaction score
Most of the videos I've seen show him having to move around quite a bit, which would indicate the pass blocking wasn't very good.
He had good pass-blocking they have a good offensive line and one of the best running games in the country. He panicked quite often and scrambled when he didn't need to.. in all honesty I was excited that he was leaving James Madison this year so they could get another quarterback in there LOL

StarHead69

Reaction score
On paper, it was a rock-solid draft. It’s been awhile since I’ve Been able to watch the whole thing without wanting to strangle someone!
Y’all have a great weekend!

CF74

Vet Min Plus
Reaction score
Preseason? Did you see that video? I be you didn't watch it. How well produced it was. The music? The action? The movement? The effects?

You have no soul!!!

My new pet cat!!! He will be yours. Just wait and see.

Welp...:laugh: