***Day Two Draft Thread***

Hawkeye19

Reaction score
Our doctor performed the surgery. Nobody should know the medicals better than us. I know the theme will be negative with no instant impact but this could be a grand larceny type steal if he gets back 100%.

I'm not saying you should feel great about it. Just acknowledge the other side of it. It's got great bust potential. But also great boom potential.

The voice of reason.

Vintage

The Cult of Jib
Reaction score
I'm just throwing likes to Risen Star, because he is dead right on this.

Sydla

Reaction score
The Cowboys will get killed for that pick. A RB in the first, an injured LB in the 2nd. Where's the defensive help?

They are drafting talent. It's how you build teams.

True but then you also are telling fans you have a 2-3 year window with Romo. So at some point, needs on defense have to be addressed right? Not sure a 4th round defensive pick is going to fix that.

I think the FO is completely stuck in what they really want to do.

JohnsKey19

Reaction score
Our doctor performed the surgery. Nobody should know the medicals better than us. I know the theme will be negative with no instant impact but this could be a grand larceny type steal if he gets back 100%.

I'm not saying you should feel great about it. Just acknowledge the other side of it. It's got great bust potential. But also great boom potential.

True. Just a bummer we won't see him at all this year.

boysfanindc

Reaction score

No one absolutely knows if or when a nerve will regenerate.

Last edited:

Zekeats

theranchsucks
Reaction score
There are reports now he was going in the 2nd or 3rd round. 4th may have been a reach.

It's puzzling, that's for sure.

It also calls into question why couldn't we trade down a few slots and pick up another pick or two? I suspect Smith would have been there a few picks later.

Always need a partner to dance with

YosemiteSam

Unfriendly and Aloof!
Reaction score
People won't like it because there probably won't be an immediate impact. But goodness. Let me tell you if Jaylan Smith can get healthy........he has potential to be a superstar. He's scary good if healthy. This is the Bruce Carter pick all over again except with far greater potential.

Apparently, the Cowboys doctor said this kid WILL have a 10 year career. He just didn't know the exact date he would get back on the field.

Rogerthat12

DWAREZ
Reaction score
Smith if healthy would be the best player in this draft, they must know something from their doctor who performed the procedure, that takes balls!