DC.COM Blog: LB Justin Rogers moving inside

dbair1967

Arch Defender
Reaction score
they could have kept Ayodele and shipped Carpenter to the Fins, thats who they wanted and we said no...remember?

David

tomson75

Brain Dead Shill
Reaction score
BBQ101;2159287 said:
Did he even miss anytime? When I say he wasn't injured, I mean he didn't miss any significant time...This is his third full year...If he can't get on the field this year beyond special teams, I would say it's over.

BBQ

IIRC, it was an injury that he should have taken several weeks to rehab before practicing, but the coaches (and I'm sure he) felt that he needed to show something, so he continued to play....leading up to his pathetic preseason game that all but convinced Phillips he wasn't going to see any defensive snaps all season.

...but I obviously (and others) have been mislead into believing that he was valued when the team wouldn't trade him to miami and they reported he would be taking 2nd team snaps behind Thomas, which IMO would have been a sign that Phillips confidence in Carp had rebounded.

Apparently not. He better do something. Quick.

AbeBeta

Reaction score
theogt;2159299 said:
All I've ever said is that he has the athletic ability to be good at 3-4 ILB.

funny, I recall you being the "Carp is going to break out this year" guy

you have said

theogt;2069351 said:
Good. Sometime this year or next he'll be our starting Mo 'backer for years to come.

But you have also said he sucked -- see how posts look when you are honest about the data?

theogt

Surrealist
Reaction score
abersonc;2159339 said:

you have said

But you have also said he sucked -- see how posts look when you are honest about the data?
You'd like to think he'd get over the mental aspect. There's no sense predicting that, though. Some people have the talent and can't make the next step.

ddh33

Reaction score
Unless I'm mistaken, Bobby Carpenter isn't behind Justin Rogers; he's behind Zach Thomas and Kevin Burnett.

LucaBrasi

Sleeps with the fishes
Reaction score
Bobby Carp will be starting in Dallas by next season... for the Desperados.

AsthmaField

Outta bounds
Reaction score
WoodysGirl;2159274 said:
On a side note, maybe it says something about Erik Walden that he's forced a position change after only some OTAs and one TC practice.

As for Carp, still early. So we'll see.

That's the first thing that hit my mind... I bet Walden is showing the potential to be a better pass rusher than Justin and so they are looking at moving Rogers inside.

tomson75

Brain Dead Shill
Reaction score
ddh33;2159429 said:
Unless I'm mistaken, Bobby Carpenter isn't behind Justin Rogers; he's behind Zach Thomas and Kevin Burnett.

That's correct, according to most reports from today (TM).

Chocolate Lab

Run-loving Dino
Reaction score
I've said many times that I'm afraid Bobby can't play, but I don't think you can say anything after the first day of non-contact practice.

I do think Bobby is now at the position that suits him best, and he might be able to beat out Burnett in the base D.

What am I saying? Burnett will be hurt by the end of the week anyway.

And back to Rogers, I like the move. Rogers is big and tough and physical, and we needed a backup at that strongside ILB. Walden or George or the GT guy can backup Ware.

Biggems

White and Nerdy
Reaction score
I wish we could trade Carpenter for a 2nd or 3rd to a team desperate for a LB.

I think we can survive without him

OLB - Ware, Ellis, Spencer, Walden, Robertson
ILB - Thomas, James, Burnett, Rogers

Deep_Freeze

Reaction score
abersonc;2159339 said:

you have said

Well, I will say I remember theogt hating Carp when he was drafted, he liked Manny Lawson more at the time. Rack was the one that loved Carp.

Defending him cause he is a Cowboy is alot diffferent than liking the pick....can't say I do that myself at all, but some do.

theogt

Surrealist
Reaction score
Deep_Freeze;2159493 said:
Well, I will say I remember theogt hating Carp when he was drafted, he liked Manny Lawson more at the time. Rack was the one that loved Carp.

Defending him cause he is a Cowboy is alot diffferent than liking the pick....can't say I do that myself at all, but some do.
I didn't like him as a 3-4 OLB. When he moved to ILB I thought he'd catch on. Didn't have anything to do with him being a Cowboy. I strongly criticize lots of our players.

Deep_Freeze

Reaction score
theogt;2159498 said:
I didn't like him as a 3-4 OLB. When he moved to ILB I thought he'd catch on. Didn't have anything to do with him being a Cowboy. I strongly criticize lots of our players.
Ok, if I remember correctly he was an OLB in a 4-3 in college, if so, I just dont see him having a natural position in the 3-4, just my opinion though.

tomson75

Brain Dead Shill
Reaction score
Deep_Freeze;2159505 said:
Ok, if I remember correctly he was an OLB in a 4-3 in college, if so, I just dont see him having a natural position in the 3-4, just my opinion though.

He played some DE as well IIRC.

Deep_Freeze

Reaction score
tomson75;2159524 said:
He played some DE as well IIRC.

Yeah, honestly my memory ain't that great, but I do remember thinking he had no natural position.