DC.COM Blog: LB Justin Rogers moving inside

speedkilz88

Reaction score
Deep_Freeze;2159505 said:
Ok, if I remember correctly he was an OLB in a 4-3 in college, if so, I just dont see him having a natural position in the 3-4, just my opinion though.
The weak inside position in the 3-4 is very similar to the weak outside position in the 4-3.

Deep_Freeze

Reaction score
speedkilz88;2159558 said:
The weak inside position in the 3-4 is very similar to the weak outside position in the 4-3.
Ok, if you say so, but I wouldn't want to see Dexter Coakley manning the position. ;)

AbeBeta

Reaction score
theogt;2159420 said:
You'd like to think he'd get over the mental aspect. There's no sense predicting that, though. Some people have the talent and can't make the next step.

on that we agree -a- a 2nd generation guy coming out of a good college program ... should not be so slow on the uptake.

ENGCowboy

Reaction score
ddh33;2159429 said:
Unless I'm mistaken, Bobby Carpenter isn't behind Justin Rogers; he's behind Zach Thomas and Kevin Burnett.

This is how I read it meaning that Phillips and Stewart are looking for a back up for Bradie with a bit more "THUD" as they like to call it.

Still 3rd year 1st round pick taking reps with the third string screams bust to me. Never should have drafted him in the first place.

FuzzyLumpkins

The Boognish
Reaction score
While its fun and all that this has turned into a Carp bashfest because theo made the wrong assumption but I think this is missing what this really means.

Walden or Dixon must be looking good at OLB.

Ben_n_austin

Benched
Reaction score
zrinkill;2159253 said:
I thought Carp was backing up Zach?

I think you guys are reading to much into this.

Sounds like they are just trying to find a job for a smart football player.

For once I agree with you.

junk

I've got moxie
Reaction score
FuzzyLumpkins;2159778 said:
While its fun and all that this has turned into a Carp bashfest because theo made the wrong assumption but I think this is missing what this really means.

Walden or Dixon must be looking good at OLB.

Dixon plays DE. I'd be more inclined to think Darrell Robertson.

My guess is that this means a couple of things: 1) they are planning on Rogers being active on game day for specials and need depth behind James 2) they can't count on Carpenter to play that position

Carpenter has been a huge, huge disappointment. Coming out of college, he had everything you wanted out of a 3-4 linebacker.....size, speed, coverage ability and the ability to get up the field and rush the passer.

I think he's just a bigger nancy than anyone could have expected.

Alexander

What's it going to be then, eh?
Reaction score
AsthmaField;2159442 said:
That's the first thing that hit my mind... I bet Walden is showing the potential to be a better pass rusher than Justin and so they are looking at moving Rogers inside.

So they just temporarily moved Carpenter (who also needs to learn how to play ILB in this defense as well) to give Rogers a look?

That's a serious stretch.

junk

I've got moxie
Reaction score
Alexander;2159928 said:
So they just temporarily moved Carpenter (who also needs to learn how to play ILB in this defense as well) to give Rogers a look?

That's a serious stretch.

Carpenter has been playing the weakside ILB spot all off season. They've certainly moved him around a lot, but I think the plan has been the weak side spot all off season.