DC.COM: Blog: NFL Suspends Williams One Game For Horse-Collar

Cbz40

The Grand Poobah
Reaction score
Big Shot Blurbs

NFL Suspends Williams One Game For Horse-Collar

Cowboys safety Roy Williams has been suspended one game without pay for Sunday’s illegal horse-collar tackle on Eagles quarterback Donovan McNabb. Williams will be sidelined for Saturday’s game at Carolina.
NFL Director of Football Operations Gene Washington issued the suspension.
Sunday’s game marked the fourth violation of the horse-collar rule in the past two seasons.

More to come.

Published Dec 17 2007, 06:42 PM by rphillips

theebs

Believe!!!!
Reaction score
and so all the haters get their wish.

Keith killer davis better be ready to go.

Courtney brown vs matt moore for homefield advantage!! And in july if anyone knew that they would be really smart.

theebs

Believe!!!!
Reaction score
dbair1967;1841061 said:
total b/s

David

I agree with it. I think it is too dangerous a play to allow it. you cant have guys getting injured with this play.

Now hopefully he will stop it.

SultanOfSix

Star Power
Reaction score
It's amazing how Wilfork can repeatedly go for a QBs knees and never get suspended.

Wait...I forgot. He plays for the Pats.

Dallas

Old bulletproof tiger
Reaction score
I hate the rule but it is a rule. He probably should be suspended w/ it being his 4th incident.

Saying that.

I can't stand Washington. That guy just strikes me as a greater than thou type of person.

Maybe Roy should track him down and horse collar his @@@ just for the sake of doing it.

If I were Roy I would still grab the pads but I would just grab and stop. I wouldn't be grabbing and dropping to the ground on my arse.

Jerk his butt to a stop next time RW. You have crazy strong hands we are told. :D Save yourself a suspension next time.

SultanOfSix

Star Power
Reaction score
theebs;1841066 said:
I agree with it. I think it is too dangerous a play to allow it. you cant have guys getting injured with this play.

Yeah, I'm still wondering how it all of a sudden became more dangerous than it was for the past 50+ years of existence in the NFL.

dbair1967

Arch Defender
Reaction score
theebs;1841066 said:

well again, in comparison there have very few injuries regarding horse collars when compared to th "legal" chop blocks

if they are so concerned with safety, why not out law that play?

I know the answer, but feel free to chime in

this rule is total b/s

David

MichaelWinicki

"You want some?"
Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
Roy knows the rules.

Let'em sit. He can't be blaming anyone this week then.

Dallas

Old bulletproof tiger
Reaction score
SultanOfSix;1841069 said:
It's amazing how Wilfork can repeatedly go for a QBs knees and never get suspended.

This is true. Wilfolk is has a bad habit of going to the QB's legs far to often. I don't know how many times Ive seen him slamp his shoulders into the QB's shins.

dbair1967

Arch Defender
Reaction score
SultanOfSix;1841069 said:

and he did it again vs the Jets...blatantly dove right at the lower leg

no flag, and I bet no fine or suspension

David

Boyzmamacita

CowBabe Up!!!
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
theebs;1841066 said:

I don't know if he can stop it. If he could, you would think he would've done so by now. He seems to do it intentionally as if it's so second nature that he can't stop himself. He needs to be coached about how to tackle. He doesn't wrap up enough and tackles with his shoulders too much. What has happened to this guy? Where is the Roy Williams of his rookie year? Something is seriously wrong and I really feel for him.