DC.COM: Blog: NFL Suspends Williams One Game For Horse-Collar

theebs

Believe!!!!
Reaction score
trueblue1687;1841100 said:
I don't agree with it at all. How is it too dangerous??? The only one I can recall getting injured was T.O. I guess we can make blocking against the rules too since so many people get their knees torn up in the fray, huh? That tackle has never been even thought twice about until T.O.'s injury. This is quickly becoming a sport of crybabies. Maybe we should just "simulate" a tackle or say: " I thoought abpout tackling you back at the 20 yard line, so your down there!!!"

he broke musa smitha's leg with it in 04 at baltimore.

you just cant have it, i am sorry. I hope roy learns from this.

I really like roy and hope he can shake this label.

juck

Reaction score
Roy sucks,worry about Gurode and Romo.If we cannot beat Matt moore we dont deserve HFA.

LatinMind

iPhotoshop
Reaction score
MichaelWinicki;1841082 said:
Roy knows the rules.

Let'em sit. He can't be blaming anyone this week then.

i agree. he knows the rules. but what makes him more prone to suspension. is because when he's pulling back he puts his entire body weight on th back of the players leg.

like wade said himself, roy just needs to sacrifice and layout and wrap up. simple, no penalty, no fine. its just roy not wanting to. this is all on him.

theebs

Believe!!!!
Reaction score
dbair1967;1841109 said:
thats not the answer

the answer is because one helps an offense score points, the other helps prevent points

David

oh gee excuse me, I thought quarterbacks help score points hence the reason I said it was a qb, wr or rb. They sell the tickets and the league.

Dallas

Old bulletproof tiger
Reaction score
air0208;1841091 said:
WTH Berman just said "HOPEFULLY roy williams will be out of the lineup this week against the panthers"

whats that about?

He meant to say.

It's about time the league got around to suspending this guy. I am for whatever helps stop the Dallas run to the Super Bowl this year. As you all know I cannot stand the Dallas Cowboys organization. I know I am paid to be unbiased but my eternal love for the San Fransisco Forty Niners prohibits me from being fair. Please do not email me with complaints. I am not listening to you and neither is my media giant of a boss, ESPN. Be glad you have me here to entertain you.

WOOOOP !!!

windward

NFL Historian
Reaction score
trueblue1687;1841100 said:
I don't agree with it at all. How is it too dangerous??? The only one I can recall getting injured was T.O. I guess we can make blocking against the rules too since so many people get their knees torn up in the fray, huh? That tackle has never been even thought twice about until T.O.'s injury. This is quickly becoming a sport of crybabies. Maybe we should just "simulate" a tackle or say: " I thoought abpout tackling you back at the 20 yard line, so your down there!!!"
Tyrone Calico and Musa Smith were injured too.

dbair1967

Arch Defender
Reaction score
funny how its not too dangerous for high school or college

also funny how nobody ever got hurt for 50+ yrs of doing it, and if they did nobody apparently cared

and as for the "will he ever learn" crowd, why should he? He watches other games via TV or film like the rest of us, and its done all the time by others with no call

its a b/s rule

David

TVMan

Reaction score
CowboyWay;1841111 said:
Nobody here can say with a straight face that he doesn't deserve it.

I can. It's freaking football.

Panzies.

windward

NFL Historian
Reaction score
Dallas;1841124 said:
He meant to say.

It's about time the league got around to suspending this guy. I am for whatever helps stop the Dallas run to the Super Bowl this year. As you all know I cannot stand the Dallas Cowboys organization. I know I am paid to be unbiased but my eternal love for the San Fransisco Forty Niners prohibits me from being fair. Please do not email me with complaints. I am not listening to you and neither is my media giant of a boss, ESPN. Be glad you have me here to entertain you.

WOOOOP !!!
:laugh2:

ajk23az

Through Pain Comes Clarity
Reaction score
dbair1967;1841126 said:

also funny how nobody ever got hurt for 50+ yrs of doing it, and if they did nobody apparently cared

and as for the "will he ever learn" crowd, why should he? He watches other games via TV or film like the rest of us, and its done all the time by others with no call

its a b/s rule

David

:hammer: Well said.

TVMan

Reaction score
dbair1967;1841126 said:

its a b/s rule

David

Butkus would have never made it in this league.

dbair1967

Arch Defender
Reaction score
theebs;1841122 said:
oh gee excuse me, I thought quarterbacks help score points hence the reason I said it was a qb, wr or rb. They sell the tickets and the league.

anybody can be horse collared...it could be a punt or kick returner...it could even be a defensive player or an OL after a turnover or a fumble recovery etc etcits not just QB's, RB's and WR's

its a pathetic rule...like I said, is two hand touch or flag football next? counting 1-Mississippi 2-Mississippi 3- Mississippi before rushing the passer?

David

Kilyin

Reaction score
CowboyWay;1841111 said:
Nobody here can say with a straight face that he doesn't deserve it.

Sure we can, because it's a stupid rule, therefore it doesn't warrant a suspension.

Parcells himself just said Roy is not the type of person to play maliciously or with any intent to harm another player.

NewJCowboy

Reaction score
Now we are down 2 safeties with Watkins being injured. I hope Courtney Brown is ready to play!

Nors

Benched
Reaction score
dbair1967;1841126 said:

its a b/s rule

David

It's a dangerous tackle. Injuries happen on that play all the time. Saw a TE horsecollared and had his ankle shattered so bad he never was able to play again.

I don't have a problem with the suspension. Question is what happens next time he does it? 4 weeks, season?

theebs

Believe!!!!
Reaction score
NewJCowboy;1841138 said:
Now we are down 2 safeties with Watkins being injured. I hope Courtney Brown is ready to play!

uh oh the roy williams sucks crowd may get trumped by the anthony henry sucks and should be a safety crowd...

should henry play safety this week?

relax i am just kidding.