DC.COM: Blog: NFL Suspends Williams One Game For Horse-Collar

ajk23az

Through Pain Comes Clarity
Reaction score
WTH Berman just said "HOPEFULLY roy williams will be out of the lineup this week against the panthers"

whats that about?

EMMITTnROY

Reaction score
this is ridiculous.. they never even call the horse collar on anyone but Roy.. and yet he gets suspended.. it's a dumb rule.. i thought this was football.. dick butkus would be rolling in his grave if he were dead..

TVMan

Reaction score
This thread ought to kill some time.

Stupid rule. Stupid outcome.

dbair1967

Arch Defender
Reaction score
MichaelWinicki;1841082 said:
Roy knows the rules.

Let'em sit. He can't be blaming anyone this week then.

the real question is will fickle zoners sill blame Roy for bad plays on defense

David

SultanOfSix

Star Power
Reaction score
air0208;1841091 said:
WTH Berman just said "HOPEFULLY roy williams will be out of the lineup this week against the panthers"

whats that about?

Who gives a crap what fat Berman thinks. These guys think they're bigger than the game. They're not, and never will be.

trueblue1687

Reaction score
theebs;1841066 said:
I agree with it. I think it is too dangerous a play to allow it. you cant have guys getting injured with this play.

Now hopefully he will stop it.

I don't agree with it at all. How is it too dangerous??? The only one I can recall getting injured was T.O. I guess we can make blocking against the rules too since so many people get their knees torn up in the fray, huh? That tackle has never been even thought twice about until T.O.'s injury. This is quickly becoming a sport of crybabies. Maybe we should just "simulate" a tackle or say: " I thoought abpout tackling you back at the 20 yard line, so your down there!!!"

Deep_Freeze

Reaction score
Sorry, Roy deserves this. Doesn't take much to see it is a dangerous method of tackling.

You know what, Roy need to tackle by the textbook, not by horsecollaring or by shoestrings.

Let him sit.

dbair1967

Arch Defender
Reaction score
air0208;1841091 said:

whats that about?

he's just joining in with a bunch of the losers on here who tarsh him out week after week

David

theebs

Believe!!!!
Reaction score
dbair1967;1841081 said:
well again, in comparison there have very few injuries regarding horse collars when compared to th "legal" chop blocks

if they are so concerned with safety, why not out law that play?

I know the answer, but feel free to chime in

this rule is total b/s

David

We all know the answer, Quarterbacks, wr and rb are crtical to the league and its marketing.

Backups dont sell tickets or earn revenue.

jchocolate82

Reaction score
It sucks and doesn't help our defense any, but when the hell is he gonna learn??? The one thing that he was known and feared for coming out of college he has been pretty awful at the past seasons. The man doesnt wrap up and expects any bump he puts on the runner to go down. Case in point the takle he put on the Bears TE in the open field that did absolutely nothing. Hopefully he learns but i doubt it.

dbair1967

Arch Defender
Reaction score
theebs;1841104 said:
We all know the answer, Quarterbacks, wr and rb are crtical to the league and its marketing.

Backups dont sell tickets or earn revenue.

thats not the answer

the answer is because one helps an offense score points, the other helps prevent points

David

ajk23az

Through Pain Comes Clarity
Reaction score
Deep_Freeze;1841101 said:
Sorry, Roy deserves this. Doesn't take much to see it is a dangerous method of tackling.

You know what, Roy need to tackle by the textbook, not by horsecollaring or by shoestrings.

Let him sit.

thats exactly what it is, isnt the point of football tackling the ball carrier at all costs? I HIGHLY doubt it that he is purposely trying to hurt people. its complete B.S.

CowboyWay

If Coach would have put me in, we'd a won State
Reaction score
Nobody here can say with a straight face that he doesn't deserve it.

SultanOfSix

Star Power
Reaction score
Deep_Freeze;1841101 said:

Let him sit.

It's a dangerous method of tackling? LOL.

Every method of tackling is dangerous. It's a violent sport where 200+ lb men run at each other at full speed trying to knock each other down.

***?