DC - Dak excited to see what All In' will be. Owner Jones promises different players

LysleE

Reaction score
if Dak couldn’t win in the playoffs during these past two seasons he won’t likely do it this year; too many holes to fill along with a lack of depth for a team that is not aggressive, or even active in free agency and has drafted questionably in the early rounds.

CowboyoWales

Reaction score
And you think Dak cares about that?
Dak already knows hes never leading us to a SB. He knows he cant
He will get the max money he can
Well if he doesnt care he runs the risk of being a post-June cut this year (where he'll have to find the $29m salary loss, when most teams have done their QB business), or (as appears Jerry's present position) Dak plays out his present contract with a roster that's got holes (especially both sides of the run game).......this will only highlight the weakness in his game as teams get a lead and run us to death.
Veteran QB's are having to reduce their expectations, look at Rodgers/Wilson.....if Dak thinks he can get it, fine.... but we arent helping him out by looking at FAs that aids him for one season but cripples us moving forward.
If he doesnt give us anything (and that could include length of contract), I dont think we should be assisting HIM in 2024.....take the hit and build a team for the future NOT JUST 2024.

CTcowboy203

Reaction score
Dak needs to be ALL IN by giving a discount. $40 - $45 million / year is more than enough for any franchise QB. Help the team be ALL IN, Dak, like they helped you 3 years ago! Time to return the favor.

Why would he do that when the franchise has shown they won’t go out in free agency and spend the money? Take less so he saves billionaires millions? It makes no sense. He’ll take less money and they still won’t partake in free agency.

CowboyoWales

Reaction score
I hope that's true but I'm betting the reason he hasn't had talks with Jerry about this offseason is because he hasn't made an attempt to.

He's as fake of a LEADER as he is an on field talent.
Has anyone asked Dak whether he (and France) are willing to sign a long contract, this off-season. Just to create an atmosphere of distrust between Dak/Jerry/Fan Base ......let's see who's really holding out and we can then ,fairly, apportion our blame. At the moment it does sound as if Dak doesnt mind receiving the $34m cash this year and will only sign a contract if it's on his terms, otherwise he'll wait for next year, when he can demand more......

.......if true, is that a QB that's really interested in winning in Dallas.

CowboyoWales

Reaction score
Why would he do that when the franchise has shown they won’t go out in free agency and spend the money? Take less so he saves billionaires millions? It makes no sense. He’ll take less money and they still won’t partake in free agency.
Not really, because his last contract was TOTALLY on his terms: money, length of contract (getting him to FA again as a 31 year old), NTC and No Franchise Tag. Its now PROVEN that there's a blueprint who to beat US.....based on his short comings (check the Jimmie Ward quotes, though I bet you can see it).

How does Jerry save money exactly.....we SPEND the money, but have to restructure CAP, BECAUSE of overpaid contracts to players who arent elite (eg DAK).

CTcowboy203

Reaction score
Not really, because his last contract was TOTALLY on his terms: money, length of contract (getting him to FA again as a 31 year old), NTC and No Franchise Tag. Its now PROVEN that there's a blueprint who to beat US.....based on his short comings (check the Jimmie Ward quotes, though I bet you can see it).

How does Jerry save money exactly.....we SPEND the money, but have to restructure CAP, BECAUSE of overpaid contracts to players who arent elite (eg DAK).

Players don’t take pay cuts just to do it. If you take a pay cut you need to show him how you’re gonna use that money to add to the team. Your point that if dak takes a pay cut that doesn’t even save Jerry money- isn’t a selling point to make him take less.

It’s not daks fault that the cowboys lost negotiations to him originally. It’s the teams fault for letting negotiations drag out multiple years and then accepting ridiculous terms. There’s no way I’m taking less money so the team can do restructures etc. go tell me who we are getting in free agency or trade and I’ll think about a pay cut.

Of course this is all moot because he’s gonna set the market. So dak should take less because the cowboys spent horribly on other players? That makes no sense.

CowboyoWales

Reaction score
So when Jerry said “all-in”, he basically meant throw all things in to what he says so no one really knows what the hell he’s talking about.
Making an argument for Jerry ( :facepalm:) 2023 was a pretty decent roster (even after losing our CB1). If there was an issue then its that we didnt (or we'rent confident enough) trading a 1st (which it would of cost us) to get Henry. But to be fair, how badly Dak (and the Defense played) in the 1st half of the GB game .....it may be a blessing that we didnt.
We just cant go ALL-IN at the moment as it's tantamount to doing so "on a pair", because of the number of holes in the roster AND the blueprint to beat a Dak led team ......which happens vrs virtually every top team......and we have a really tough schedule coming up in 2024.

PAPPYDOG

There are no Dak haters just Cowboy lovers!!!
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
Players don’t take pay cuts just to do it. If you take a pay cut you need to show him how you’re gonna use that money to add to the team. Your point that if dak takes a pay cut that doesn’t even save Jerry money- isn’t a selling point to make him take less.

It’s not daks fault that the cowboys lost negotiations to him originally. It’s the teams fault for letting negotiations drag out multiple years and then accepting ridiculous terms. There’s no way I’m taking less money so the team can do restructures etc. go tell me who we are getting in free agency or trade and I’ll think about a pay cut.

Of course this is all moot because he’s gonna set the market. So dak should take less because the cowboys spent horribly on other players? That makes no sense.

Dak should try and make as much $ as he can and even I don't disagree as........................

27784d51-f752-4c86-93dd-964cdcb3facd_text.gif

The question remains is he worth it?
I say NO!

CowboyoWales

Reaction score

What makes 'no sense' is paying Dak that market setting contract when a large portion of the failures of the team.....IS ON HIS WEAKNESSES. IF he and France want top money, he'll have to concede (on length or NTC), otherwise he'll face 2024 with a lesser roster and more onus on him.......which IS HIS WEAKNESS. He may be helping his pocket, but it to the detriment of the team.

noshame

I'm not dead yet......
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
Jerry's all in this year is likely addition by subtraction.
Seriously if Jerry was doing a deal with Dak it would be done. Tyron would still be here, we'd be adding FA on defense like crazy. But alas it makes no sense to add more talent when you DO NOT have a guy who can get you there. Better to create cap and trim guys who cannot help in 2 years when you're ready and you have THAT guy.
JERRY SEES THIS.

VaqueroTD

Reaction score
You're the starting QB. Why wouldn't you have had talks with him about this offseason?

He's a disgrace. Such a fraud.
Yup. I remember when the Cowboys always went to Aikman for his thoughts on FA additions. Haven’t seen that in a while.

CTcowboy203

Reaction score
What makes 'no sense' is paying Dak that market setting contract when a large portion of the failures of the team.....IS ON HIS WEAKNESSES. IF he and France want top money, he'll have to concede (on length or NTC), otherwise he'll face 2024 with a lesser roster and more onus on him.......which IS HIS WEAKNESS. He may be helping his pocket, but it to the detriment of the team.

That’s a cowboys issue not a dak issue. Place the blame on Stephen and Jerry for getting bent over. I can promise you after France took the cowboys to the cleaners, he’s not walking into negotiations and saying hey we will take less when the last time he walked in the room he walked out with whatever he wanted. This is just business negotiations basic.

And while we can not like dak, love dak, want him traded or be indifferent about him, France is walking into negotiations with a quarterback who finished top 3 in regular season mvp and knowing Jerry and Stephen have no leverage, he’s gonna get whatever he wants, just like zeke did, Micah will etc .Place blame on ownership.

But taking less so Jerry and Stephen can sign no one significant in free agency? Nah

CowboyoWales

Reaction score
Jerry's all in this year is likely addition by subtraction.
Seriously if Jerry was doing a deal with Dak it would be done. Tyron would still be here, we'd be adding FA on defense like crazy. But alas it makes no sense to add more talent when you DO NOT have a guy who can get you there. Better to create cap and trim guys who cannot help in 2 years when you're ready and you have THAT guy.
JERRY SEES THIS.
Yep.....Dak you get $34m in 2024, we arent going to help you by getting FA's.....we're going to see whether you're good enough to justify that market setting contract.....good luck.

DallasEast

Cowboys 24/7/365
Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
So when Jerry said “all-in”, he basically meant throw all things in to what he says so no one really knows what the hell he’s talking about.
It was a deflection from the moment Jerry Jones uttered it. It is his standard M.O. trying to shut down further questioning for how he will proceed as general manager.

I do credit more folks with microphones continually questioning him for details. Further questioning always shifts him into spin mode. Spin, spin, spin. Rarely anything substantive comes out of his mouth during his spin cycle.