DC - Dak excited to see what All In' will be. Owner Jones promises different players

btgboys41

Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
Dak’s getting his extension. In the next 1-2 days, Stephen will make a reference to the first days of free agency and overpaying.

CowboyoWales

Reaction score
That’s a cowboys issue not a dak issue. Place the blame on Stephen and Jerry for getting bent over. I can promise you after France took the cowboys to the cleaners, he’s not walking into negotiations and saying hey we will take less when the last time he walked in the room he walked out with whatever he wanted. This is just business negotiations basic.

And while we can not like dak, love dak, want him traded or be indifferent about him, France is walking into negotiations with a quarterback who finished top 3 in regular season mvp and knowing Jerry and Stephen have no leverage, he’s gonna get whatever he wants, just like zeke did, Micah will etc .Place blame on ownership.

But taking less so Jerry and Stephen can sign no one significant in free agency? Nah
I said length of contract and NTC are the defining aspects of the contract (though I wouldnt pay him 'market setting'). Play out 2024 and EARN that contract, without us crucifying the near future in overpaying top FA's. See the problem is that teams have CAP advantage on us, which means we have to go 2/3 year deals with Signing Bonus and guaranteed money.......if Dak doesnt co-operate, fine, but you play (with potentially) Asim covering your back, or a defensive line that means as soon as we go behind they put more pressure on you as they keep running the ball and the clock.
Interesting that you're one of these people that needs to find ONE aspect to blame.

MountaineerCowboy

Reaction score
I hope that's true but I'm betting the reason he hasn't had talks with Jerry about this offseason is because he hasn't made an attempt to.

He's as fake of a LEADER as he is an on field talent.
We’ve known that since 2016.

The only reason Dak is going to seek out Jerry on his own is when it involves money.

Thats something him and Jerry have in common. The only difference is Jerry is hated for valuing money over success while Dak somehow still has “fans” that supporting him doing it.

CTcowboy203

Reaction score
I said length of contract and NTC are the defining aspects of the contract (though I wouldnt pay him 'market setting'). Play out 2024 and EARN that contract, without us crucifying the near future in overpaying top FA's. See the problem is that teams have CAP advantage on us, which means we have to go 2/3 year deals with Signing Bonus and guaranteed money.......if Dak doesnt co-operate, fine, but you play (with potentially) Asim covering your back, or a defensive line that means as soon as we go behind they put more pressure on you as they keep running the ball and the clock.
Interesting that you're one of these people that needs to find ONE aspect to blame.

I’m certainty not blaming a player for trying to get as much money as possible, no. Especially when taking less doesn’t correlate to tangible benefits for the player or the team. It’s not the players obligation to take less because of ownership mismanagement in other areas of team building.

I understand our cap situation - you don’t need to explain it to me but I appreciate it, I also think it’s comical that you think his agent will take LESS because he negotiated such a great contract last time. That’s just fantasy land stuff. The cowboys have made it clear whether we agree or not they want dak back, so he’s going nowhere and that’s why he has leverage because he can just walk in a year making the cowboys cap situation even worse.

Big D

Reaction score
Hopefully they'll add a possession wr who can run a slant without getting bullied off the route.

DallasEast

Cowboys 24/7/365
Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
We’ve known that since 2016.
Disagree with 'we've' and 2016. That particular 'cannot disrupt team chemistry euphoria' season was exceedingly thick amongst both the franchise's fans and media alike. The following season was the earliest when the widely held euphoria began to dissipate and questions concerning leadership began surfacing more often.

nate dizzle

Reaction score
CowboysZone DIEHARD Fan
All in means this is your last year unless you can show us that you can put this team on your shoulders in big games. To date, the evidence is stacked against you.

visionary

Reaction score
Players don’t take pay cuts just to do it. If you take a pay cut you need to show him how you’re gonna use that money to add to the team. Your point that if dak takes a pay cut that doesn’t even save Jerry money- isn’t a selling point to make him take less.

It’s not daks fault that the cowboys lost negotiations to him originally. It’s the teams fault for letting negotiations drag out multiple years and then accepting ridiculous terms. There’s no way I’m taking less money so the team can do restructures etc. go tell me who we are getting in free agency or trade and I’ll think about a pay cut.

Of course this is all moot because he’s gonna set the market. So dak should take less because the cowboys spent horribly on other players? That makes no sense.
Nothing “makes sense” to Dak jock sniffers except that he get paid top dollar

acr731

Jerry learned to GM from Pee Wee Herman
Reaction score
I’m certainty not blaming a player for trying to get as much money as possible, no. Especially when taking less doesn’t correlate to tangible benefits for the player or the team. It’s not the players obligation to take less because of ownership mismanagement in other areas of team building.

I understand our cap situation - you don’t need to explain it to me but I appreciate it, I also think it’s comical that you think his agent will take LESS because he negotiated such a great contract last time. That’s just fantasy land stuff. The cowboys have made it clear whether we agree or not they want dak back, so he’s going nowhere and that’s why he has leverage because he can just walk in a year making the cowboys cap situation even worse.
So you're a 'me first' kind of person.

You're going to get your wish because Dak is definitely only in this for himself.

PAPPYDOG

There are no Dak haters just Cowboy lovers!!!
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
So have we!
Indeed we have............
sddefault.jpg

da218324281346b6bcfddae808ae12a5_xl.jpg

Risen Star

Likes Collector
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
Has anyone asked Dak whether he (and France) are willing to sign a long contract, this off-season. Just to create an atmosphere of distrust between Dak/Jerry/Fan Base ......let's see who's really holding out and we can then ,fairly, apportion our blame. At the moment it does sound as if Dak doesnt mind receiving the $34m cash this year and will only sign a contract if it's on his terms, otherwise he'll wait for next year, when he can demand more......

.......if true, is that a QB that's really interested in winning in Dallas.
He should be talking to the all everything owner about his all in offseason regardless of his contract negotiations.

CowboyoWales

Reaction score

I agree he'll be here in 2024....but how does him walking in 2025 make our CAP situation worse? Indeed, it may well be a scenario of Dak finding the top money....in Wahington, fine go chase the money. If Dak's only consideration is money, fine, but don't expect us to kill our near future to give him a last chance to win in Dallas.....if he wants it earn it.

CowboyoWales

Reaction score
He should be talking to the all everything owner about his all in offseason regardless of his contract negotiations.
Spot on....that's the 'negotiation'. I'll give you a long extension if you (Jerry) is prepared to show me what you're going to do.
Yep, Jerry's stupid commets about ALL-IN but he cant help himself. I don't buy in its EITHER Jerry or Dak's fault, they are both to blame. Don't help Dak's contract year (in a hope of a team discount contract).... and even Jerry has doubts whether Dak is able to win (on a market setting contract - ON A LENGTH THAT MAXIMISES DAK's EARNING POTENTIAL).
Jerry grow a pair and make Dak earn the contract, let him walk (probably to struggling team) if he fails or pony up if he shows he can stand up under pressure.

CowboyoWales

Reaction score
Yup. I remember when the Cowboys always went to Aikman for his thoughts on FA additions. Haven’t seen that in a while.
The way Dak berated CeeDee for that one drop in GB.....Dak would be wanting 51 new players every game.