News: DC: Draft Show Recap: Simmons A Possibility Now?

rambo2

Reaction score
one I know of... he beat up a woman on video hit her on the head over and over....
That was before he went to college and he was defending his family. He has been an honor student at Mississippi State with a gpa over 3.0. He certainly is worth pick 58, but will go probably about 25 picks higher.

Rayman70

Reaction score
That was before he went to college and he was defending his family. He has been an honor student at Mississippi State with a gpa over 3.0. He certainly is worth pick 58, but will go probably about 25 picks higher.
lets say for a minute he's sitting there at 58, would you take him knowing he won't be available for the 2019 season? He's been injured,so I think that pick at 58 would be too rich. I would pass.

OmerV

Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan

While I agree he deserves some credit for being a good citizen since, I don’t think what he did can simply be passed off as defending his family. This was a huge, muscular, athletic man who could have easily restrained the woman. Was the woman really such a threat to his family as she laid defenseless on the ground that it required him hitting her repeatedly in the head? Plus, although I admittedly don’t know, my bet is his sister wasn’t completely innocent in what led up to the fight.

rambo2

Reaction score
lets say for a minute he's sitting there at 58, would you take him knowing he won't be available for the 2019 season? He's been injured,so I think that pick at 58 would be too rich. I would pass.
Yes, I would. A big upgrade at the position. I would think that he will go at pick 27 to Oakland or New England will take him.

rambo2

Reaction score
While I agree he deserves some credit for being a good citizen since, I don’t think what he did can simply be passed off as defending his family. This was a huge, muscular, athletic man who could have easily restrained the woman. Was the woman really such a threat to his family as she laid defenseless on the ground that it required him hitting her repeatedly in the head? Plus, although I admittedly don’t know, my bet is his sister wasn’t completely innocent in what led up to the fight.

What would you do as an 18 year old if that woman was attacking your mother or sister?

OmerV

Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
What would you do as an 18 year old if that woman was attacking your mother or sister?
Where did the mother get involved in this, and how do you know it was an attack rather than the sister and this woman both having a hand in what led to the altercation? Even so, even at my much more average size and strength I would not repeatedly punch a defenselesss woman laying on the ground in the head and face, nor would I let my sister repeatedly kick her once she was down and defenseless. This guy was neither average in size or strength and could have very easily restrained the woman.

rambo2

Reaction score
Where did the mother get involved in this, and how do you know it was an attack rather than the sister and this woman both having a hand in what led to the altercation? Even so, even at my much more average size and strength I would not repeatedly punch a defenselesss woman laying on the ground in the head and face, nor would I let my sister repeatedly kick her. This guy was neither average in size or strength and could have very easily restrained the woman.
How the heck do you know what you would do as an 18 year old? With his outstanding record at college both on and off the field. He gets a pass for this incident as a teenager. He is too good to pass up. The NFL is full of players that have had incidents in their past.

OmerV

Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
How the heck do you know what you would do as an 18 year old? With his outstanding record at college both on and off the field. He gets a pass for this incident as a teenager. He is too good to pass up. The NFL is full of players that have had incidents in their past.

Well, I knew the 18 year old me pretty intimately. I actually lived with him for awhile. About a year I think.

I certainly know me both now and then more than you know me.

It’s really ridiculous for you to defend what he did as a reasonable response for an 18 year old. I certainly wouldn’t have accepted it from my son when he was 18. And I’m confident without any doubt that my son would not have done that. I don’t think many teenage boys would have.

Last edited:

CowboyRoy

Reaction score
Taking 2nd rounders that have to sit for the year like Jaylon are a waste at this point. This team needs to win NOW. We have a young team that needs to win NOW. Pushing this stuff into the future any longer just makes Zeke and the OL a year older. The time is NOW, we need an impact player to heavily contribute this year!

Probably not going to get one at the bottom of the 2nd round.