News: DC: Gut Feeling: Cowboys vs. NYG forecast for Week 1

CCBoy

Reaction score
https://www.dallascowboys.com/news/gut-feeling-cowboys-vs-nyg-forecast-for-week-1

Patrik Walker - Let's get this party started. The first outing in what could be (and they hope will be) a special season is against the familiar Giants, and it's a perfect opportunity to get the new-look offense rolling. Weather aside, it's a matchup Dak Prescott and Mike McCarthy should be foaming at the mouth to take advantage of — two rookie cornerbacks on a massive stage under the brightest of lights lining up against Brandin Cooks, CeeDee Lamb and Michael Gallup. Adoree Jackson will play but presumably as a nickel corner, so Prescott and Co. should turn the screws on the young Giants secondary early and often. Defensively, Daniel Jones is 0-3 against Dan Quinn's defense in Dallas (Saquon Barkley is 0-4 vs. Quinn, 0-8 lifetime vs. Dallas) and I don't see that changing, or Prescott's win streak (10) against New York being snapped on Sunday. I expect Micah Parsons and Co. to show up big in big moments, and for Prescott and Co. to deliver get off to a hot start to the season, though rain might prevent an offensive explosion. Cowboys 27, Giants 23

Nick Eatman
: We've waited a long time for this one it seems. That loss to the 49ers feels like two years ago, maybe because of all the changes upon us. Since that game, I've made a point to emphasize the importance of getting more playmakers on offense and I feel like they've done that. Brandin Cooks is the most notable and I can see him having a big game. But I'm no different than the others who are intrigued by the possibilities of Deuce Vaughn and perhaps KaVontate Turpin on offense. Either way, it's going to be a lot of speed and probably too much for the Giants. I have respect for that team, but in the two games I saw them play Dallas, they were not the better team at all. We'll see if they have closed the gap. I think the potential rain in the forecast will affect the scoring but I've got Dallas winning in the 23-14 range to get to 1-0.

Nick Harris: Season openers haven't been kind to the Dallas offense under Mike McCarthy, and I think that will continue Sunday night with Tyler Smith doubtful to play and rain expected to factor in. With that being said, I think the defense has a big night to keep Dallas in it before the offense finishes things off with a fourth quarter score to take game one against the Giants, 23-17. I like DeMarcus Lawrence to get active early with a tackle for loss while the secondary remains steadfast throughout the night with a couple of takeaways.

Mickey Spagnola: While the Cowboys are putting an emphasis on running the ball more efficiently, they will throw the ball more effectively against a Giants defense starting two rookies among their top three corners. Not only that, but those young corners are having to deal with the Cowboys top three experienced receivers, and chances are they have never seen the likes of CeeDee Lamb, Brandin Cooks and Michael Gallup in the same game. Cowboys pile up enough points to win the opener, 27-20, over the Giants.

Kyle Youmans: The only thing that changes for me if Tyron or Tyler Smith are unavailable for the opener, is the score. I'm confident that Dallas is the better team either way entering the matchup. Daniel Jones may have a couple more weapons on offense, but none are as impressive as the additions of Brandin Cooks and Stephon Gilmore in Dallas. I also believe the Cowboys defense has a chance to be one of the best ever and has been waiting for an opportunity to do just that. Give me the Cowboys to jump out to an early lead, then hold on for the rest of the game by controlling time of possession. Dallas wins it 27-13 to start the season at 1-0.

CowboyRoy

Reaction score
https://www.dallascowboys.com/news/gut-feeling-cowboys-vs-nyg-forecast-for-week-1

Patrik Walker - Let's get this party started. The first outing in what could be (and they hope will be) a special season is against the familiar Giants, and it's a perfect opportunity to get the new-look offense rolling. Weather aside, it's a matchup Dak Prescott and Mike McCarthy should be foaming at the mouth to take advantage of — two rookie cornerbacks on a massive stage under the brightest of lights lining up against Brandin Cooks, CeeDee Lamb and Michael Gallup. Adoree Jackson will play but presumably as a nickel corner, so Prescott and Co. should turn the screws on the young Giants secondary early and often. Defensively, Daniel Jones is 0-3 against Dan Quinn's defense in Dallas (Saquon Barkley is 0-4 vs. Quinn, 0-8 lifetime vs. Dallas) and I don't see that changing, or Prescott's win streak (10) against New York being snapped on Sunday. I expect Micah Parsons and Co. to show up big in big moments, and for Prescott and Co. to deliver get off to a hot start to the season, though rain might prevent an offensive explosion. Cowboys 27, Giants 23

Nick Eatman
: We've waited a long time for this one it seems. That loss to the 49ers feels like two years ago, maybe because of all the changes upon us. Since that game, I've made a point to emphasize the importance of getting more playmakers on offense and I feel like they've done that. Brandin Cooks is the most notable and I can see him having a big game. But I'm no different than the others who are intrigued by the possibilities of Deuce Vaughn and perhaps KaVontate Turpin on offense. Either way, it's going to be a lot of speed and probably too much for the Giants. I have respect for that team, but in the two games I saw them play Dallas, they were not the better team at all. We'll see if they have closed the gap. I think the potential rain in the forecast will affect the scoring but I've got Dallas winning in the 23-14 range to get to 1-0.

Nick Harris: Season openers haven't been kind to the Dallas offense under Mike McCarthy, and I think that will continue Sunday night with Tyler Smith doubtful to play and rain expected to factor in. With that being said, I think the defense has a big night to keep Dallas in it before the offense finishes things off with a fourth quarter score to take game one against the Giants, 23-17. I like DeMarcus Lawrence to get active early with a tackle for loss while the secondary remains steadfast throughout the night with a couple of takeaways.

Mickey Spagnola: While the Cowboys are putting an emphasis on running the ball more efficiently, they will throw the ball more effectively against a Giants defense starting two rookies among their top three corners. Not only that, but those young corners are having to deal with the Cowboys top three experienced receivers, and chances are they have never seen the likes of CeeDee Lamb, Brandin Cooks and Michael Gallup in the same game. Cowboys pile up enough points to win the opener, 27-20, over the Giants.

Kyle Youmans: The only thing that changes for me if Tyron or Tyler Smith are unavailable for the opener, is the score. I'm confident that Dallas is the better team either way entering the matchup. Daniel Jones may have a couple more weapons on offense, but none are as impressive as the additions of Brandin Cooks and Stephon Gilmore in Dallas. I also believe the Cowboys defense has a chance to be one of the best ever and has been waiting for an opportunity to do just that. Give me the Cowboys to jump out to an early lead, then hold on for the rest of the game by controlling time of possession. Dallas wins it 27-13 to start the season at 1-0.
This is a trap game all the way. With Tyler out and possibly Tyron. Too many people are just assuming this is a done deal. WE lose this game and everyone will be jumping off a cliff.

nightrain

Since 1971
Reaction score
McCarthy knows how to manage a game with key injuries. The offense will dink and dunk its way through the game while the D leaves it all on the field creating max pressure to force turnovers. Cowboys 20-16. Cowboys D gets a score in this one.

plasticman

Reaction score
Has anybody noticed that the Sunday night game and the Monday night game are both being hosted by New York City teams?

Not only that, the Jets are hosting Buffalo. I guess they are really counting on the New York market to propel their ratings this weekend.

Anyway, back to our game.....

Nobody is talking about the Cowboys defense. We are all focused on a belief that the Cowboys offense just can't move without their entire starting O-line intact. although I don't believe it.

However, before that even becomes relevant, the Giants have to score. Does anyone think that is going to be easy? Heck, it wouldn't be out of the question if the Cowboys defense didn't lead both offenses in scoring.

I could easily imagine a score of 13-6 where the only TD is an INT by Diggs or Gilmore or any other Cowboys defender.

Honestly, the Cowboys offense doesn't have to be prolific this weekend. They just have to score one point more than the Giants and play next week with healthier Smith-linemen.

CCBoy

Reaction score
Has anybody noticed that the Sunday night game and the Monday night game are both being hosted by New York City teams?

Not only that, the Jets are hosting Buffalo. I guess they are really counting on the New York market to propel their ratings this weekend.

Anyway, back to our game.....

Nobody is talking about the Cowboys defense. We are all focused on a belief that the Cowboys offense just can't move without their entire starting O-line intact. although I don't believe it.

However, before that even becomes relevant, the Giants have to score. Does anyone think that is going to be easy? Heck, it wouldn't be out of the question if the Cowboys defense didn't lead both offenses in scoring.

I could easily imagine a score of 13-6 where the only TD is an INT by Diggs or Gilmore or any other Cowboys defender.

Honestly, the Cowboys offense doesn't have to be prolific this weekend. They just have to score one point more than the Giants and play next week with healthier Smith-linemen.
First game, win. Check.

MoistMayonnaise

Devil's Advocate
Reaction score
I'll go with home brewed and smile...(city)
I already have too many hobbies to make my own beer. Thankfully I have an award wining brewery just down the road and they just released their marzen. Gonna get a growler on Sunday.

CCBoy

Reaction score
This is a trap game all the way. With Tyler out and possibly Tyron. Too many people are just assuming this is a done deal. WE lose this game and everyone will be jumping off a cliff.
The key to going over a cliff is to be in a tank and not forget that fact...even on ice. Straight into it and ride it out.

CowboyRoy

Reaction score
The key to going over a cliff is to be in a tank and not forget that fact...even on ice.
If Cowboys come in there all cocky with 2 Olineman out and start out sloppy, this could very easily turn into a loss on the road. It will come down to if we can run with lineman out and if we can stop the run on defense.

I hope Tyron isnt out, but if he is limping around or gets knocked out early this could get ugly.

Typhus

Captain Catfish
Reaction score
If Cowboys come in there all cocky with 2 Olineman out and start out sloppy, this could very easily turn into a loss on the road. It will come down to if we can run with lineman out and if we can stop the run on defense.

I hope Tyron isnt out, but if he is limping around or gets knocked out early this could get ugly.
Throwing that towel in early I see, doesn't surprise me.

CCBoy

Reaction score

After all of this off season, they will be ready and be accountable.

I don't have a problem agreeing that the Pope is a Catholic.

CowboyRoy

Reaction score
Throwing that towel in early I see, doesn't surprise me.
There is no towel, but there is caution.

I have been warning about the oline the entire offseason.

Glad your confident even if both Tyron and Tyler are out.

CowboyRoy

Reaction score
After all of this off season, they will be ready and be accountable.

I don't have a problem agreeing that the Pope is a Catholic.
So if Tyler AND Tyron dont play your still wildly confident we are going to win?