News: DC: Jerry: No timetable for Jimmy into Ring of Honor

America's Cowboy

Reaction score
Jerry Jones has said many times he is definitely going to induct Jimmy Johnson into the Dallas Cowboys Ring of Honor, but I bet what Jimmy wrote in his latest book (Swagger) last year late in 2022 might have angered Jerry.

It goes something like this...

"Johnson spent five years at Oklahoma State before going to Miami in 1984. He led the Hurricanes to an undefeated season and the national championship in 1987 and was lured to the NFL in 1989 by his college teammate, Jerry Jones.

They won two Super Bowls together in Dallas before the relationship fell apart and Johnson ended up going back to Miami to coach the Dolphins. Johnson details in his book how much it bothered him that Jones would try to take credit for personnel decisions when he wasn’t involved in those.

Jones still hasn’t put Johnson in the Cowboys Ring of Honor. He might make Johnson wait a few more years after reading the chapter about their relationship."

Jimmy Johnson did say...

“Obviously, I’d be honored to be in the Ring of Honor but that’s Jerry’s decision,” Johnson said. “It’s not something I think about. It’s something when and if he decides to do it, because he’s told me half-a-dozen times he’s going to do it, when and if he does it, then I’ll be honored and be very proud.”

https://apnews.com/article/dallas-c...nment-sports-bce5cf916fc3bb8083e9c06d8f2a798a

Good luck, Coach Jimmy Johnson.

PA Cowboy Fan

Reaction score
Jerry Jones has said many times he is definitely going to induct Jimmy Johnson into the Dallas Cowboys Ring of Honor, but I bet what Jimmy wrote in his latest book (Swagger) last year late in 2022 might have angered Jerry.

It goes something like this...

"Johnson spent five years at Oklahoma State before going to Miami in 1984. He led the Hurricanes to an undefeated season and the national championship in 1987 and was lured to the NFL in 1989 by his college teammate, Jerry Jones.

They won two Super Bowls together in Dallas before the relationship fell apart and Johnson ended up going back to Miami to coach the Dolphins. Johnson details in his book how much it bothered him that Jones would try to take credit for personnel decisions when he wasn’t involved in those.

Jones still hasn’t put Johnson in the Cowboys Ring of Honor. He might make Johnson wait a few more years after reading the chapter about their relationship."

Jimmy Johnson did say...

“Obviously, I’d be honored to be in the Ring of Honor but that’s Jerry’s decision,” Johnson said. “It’s not something I think about. It’s something when and if he decides to do it, because he’s told me half-a-dozen times he’s going to do it, when and if he does it, then I’ll be honored and be very proud.”

https://apnews.com/article/dallas-c...nment-sports-bce5cf916fc3bb8083e9c06d8f2a798a

Good luck, Coach Jimmy Johnson.
I think it angers the fans more than Jimmy especially since he's in the HOF now.

BleedSilverandBlue

Curator of Excellent Takes
Reaction score
CowboysZone DIEHARD Fan
Now the narcissist is having his webmaster try to deflect future questions from the media. The picture of Johnson and him is a nice touch. :lmao2:
This honestly has become one of the most blatant public displays of narcissistic behavior I have ever witnessed.

Embarrassing for the franchise. Jerry is totally blinded by his ego.

john van brocklin

Captain Comeback
Reaction score
Because we know what Jimmy meant to this franchise and he should be celebrated. It's as much for us as it his for him. And Jerry knows it.
Just a sad situation.
This, and not making the NFCCG in 28 years and counting is really creating a terrible legacy for Jerry.
The Jimmy ROH snub could easily be rectified.

America's Cowboy

Reaction score
Screenshot-20230824-235233-Photos.jpg

:muttley:

Kwyn

Reaction score
Then why didn't he put Jimmy in last year? He talks in circles.
He said he wants a player in.

What I’m thinking is Ware is a post-Jimmy hall of fame player that Is “Jerry’s”.

He’s the first “pure Jerry” member in the ring. Gil Brandt was Tex. 90s Cowboys we’re all Jimmy/Jerry.

I’m sure part of it is Jerry just wanting to have one of “his guys” in before he adds Jimmy.

I’m expecting Jimmy to be next year.

Obviously, if we win a super bowl, Jerry won’t hesitate

plasticman

Reaction score
It's Jerry's Moby Dick. From hell's heart he will spit his last breath at it.

And like I said before, this is no longer about Jimmy. Jerry is doing this because he is angry with the fan base for still recognizing that Jimmy was the football man and this franchise was far better off when Jerry stayed in his office and just signed checks.
I would "like" this post ten times if I could.

DallasInDC

Reaction score
Jerry's still hoping for that elusive credit he's been searching for. It's like hunting Bigfoot,
That's why I speculate it won't happen until after Jerry wins a SB without any Jimmy influence...which is possibly never (I hope not) in his lifetime.

CCBoy

Reaction score
Christ, keeping up with the Joneses in crap tossing...

Redline360

Reaction score
IF it ever happens...probably after Jerrys death I hope he gets up there and just denies it.

Like **** you im out. Leaves the award and walks out

CCBoy

Reaction score
Maybe Jimmy would just like a top of the line fishing pole?