News: DC: Jerry: No timetable for Jimmy into Ring of Honor

RustyBourneHorse

Reaction score
Jerry is a very small man and a liar. He said he'd do it in the pregame at the HOF game. He still hasn't done it. He's made it clear he's not interested in doing it. It's a shame how his ego and Jimmy's ego destroyed what was an absolute juggernaut. Jerry really must do this soon. I think we are cursed until Jimmy is put into the ROH.

RustyBourneHorse

Reaction score
not sure why you guys get frustrated over this anymore, its not going to change and getting mad at is like being mad at a lion for eating a baby gazelle, its just going to be what its going to be at this point.

Because I think the Cowboys are cursed until Jimmy is in the ROH.

CCBoy

Reaction score
This and yesterday's moronic comment by JJ on Sam Williams arrest is supporting evidence of why this organization has and should continue to be in the crapper.
On the contrary, Jerry approached the topic similarly to what most judicial and detention people handle similarly. And, Jerry was being positive additionally. He supported his player and in a situation that didn't need leaving him out to dry. Hey, I'll take that from my boss...

ArtClink

Reaction score
Jerry's still hoping for that elusive credit he's been searching for. It's like hunting Bigfoot,
I think the playoff results or lack thereof the past 28 seasons cement Jerry’s legacy as a “football guy”. Memorizing the salary cap rules doesn’t mk him a football guy.

Maybe after Jerry dies, Jimmy can induct Jerry into the ROH.

nobody

Reaction score
Jerry obviously doesn't want to but doesn't have the guts to admit it because he's such a narcissist and he knows admitting flat out he doesn't want to put him in will make others think worse of him. He can't stand that. He doesn't seem to grasp that what he's doing now is just as bad and people see right through it.

OmerV

Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
Jerry doesn't get to be put there if we go his own comments he made the other day. He said its for the players........ Jerry isn't allowed to be there.
The article linked in the OP doesn't indicate that Jerry said the Ring of Honor is only for players.

Jerry has already put Tom Landry, Tex Schramm and Gill Brandt in the Ring of Honor, so he has shown by his actions that he doesn't believe the Ring of Honor is only for players.

2 years ago Jerry specifically said Jimmy would be in the Ring of Honor, he just didn't specify when.
https://www.espn.com/nfl/story/_/id...uct-jimmy-johnson-ring-honor-jerry-jones-says

TNCowboy

Double Trouble
Reaction score
Because I think the Cowboys are cursed until Jimmy is in the ROH.
There's a "mic'd up" from the 2000 season. Aikman is stalking past his OL screaming at them that their effort is an embarrassment, most of which has to be bleeped out. He's later talking to Jack Reilly, Dave Campo's OC, saying that "I'm tired of being the guy that has to run down everybody's ****** throat all the time. Why don't we have a ***** coach that does something about it instead of patting everyone on the *** when they haven't done their job all night."

23 years later, Jones still doesn't know how to run a team. Aikman's lament, a coach to hold players accountable, hasn't happened since Jimmy, other than the Parcells' years. Instead, they know that Jerry is the one who pulls the strings. You're never going to have a blood and guts team that can win in the pressure cooker of January and February with Jones trying to be everyone's friend. Why aren't we going to win it all this year? Jones and his buffoon of a son. When Jones isn't addressing the locker room and participating in game planning, let me know. Until then, we're just daydreaming. Out-talenting the rest of the league is just too hard to be able to overcome the Jones factor. It's not a curse, it's an old man.

RustyBourneHorse

Reaction score
There's a "mic'd up" from the 2000 season. Aikman is stalking past his OL screaming at them that their effort is an embarrassment, most of which has to be bleeped out. He's later talking to Jack Reilly, Dave Campo's OC, saying that "I'm tired of being the guy that has to run down everybody's ****** throat all the time. Why don't we have a ***** coach that does something about it instead of patting everyone on the *** when they haven't done their job all night."

23 years later, Jones still doesn't know how to run a team. Aikman's lament, a coach to hold players accountable, hasn't happened since Jimmy, other than the Parcells' years. Instead, they know that Jerry is the one who pulls the strings. You're never going to have a blood and guts team that can win in the pressure cooker of January and February with Jones trying to be everyone's friend. Why aren't we going to win it all this year? Jones and his buffoon of a son. When Jones isn't addressing the locker room and participating in game planning, let me know. Until then, we're just daydreaming. Out-talenting the rest of the league is just too hard to be able to overcome the Jones factor. It's not a curse, it's an old man.

I agree with you, but, at the same time, you'd think we could at least accidentally turn up in an NFCC at some point in the last 30 years. Especially with some of the teams we've had.

DallasEast

Cowboys 24/7/365
Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
Jimmy could careless about being added the JJ's Ring of Honor.
Some people keep repeating Jimmy Johnson's personal sentiment, which there is no reason to dispute. However, it is always irrelevant.

Peers do not applaud someone they do not appreciate. They applaud someone they feel deserves the recognition.

People do not gather together to praise individuals who do not contribute to their community. They come together and credit someone who works to make their community better.

People do not congregate to admire someone's lackadaisical work. They assemble to admire a person's hard work that stands out from the crowd.

People do not flock together to acknowledge someone's selfishness. They convene to witness another human being who was selfless or brave in the face of adversity.

Jimmy Johnson was the head coach of the Dallas Cowboys. Within a handful of years, he helped assemble, taught, guide and, in his own way, will his teams into winning the National Football League's ultimate prize. Multiple times. He coached men like Michael Irvin, Emmitt Smith, Troy Aikman and made history--not just for his franchise but in all professional sports also.

Johnson could not care less if he is put in the Ring of Honor. It does not matter. Johnson should be honored for his distinguished contributions to the Dallas Cowboys' franchise and inducted into the Ring. Literally, it is the right thing to do no matter how he feels about it.

I will predict this happening for someone who does not care about going into the Ring. I guarantee Johnson will display the exact same degree of heartfelt emotion everyone saw when he was enshrined into the Pro Football Hall of Fame.

Heck, Johnson was very emotional when the Hall informed him he was going into the Hall. It would not be televised but I can almost guarantee he would react the same way if Jones surprised him with the news, despite all the years of animosity, that may have built up between the two men. Unfortunately, this is all personal speculation on my part.

Last edited:

DallasEast

Cowboys 24/7/365
Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
One more thing.

I believe Tex Schramm would have wholeheartedly wanted Jimmy Johnson inducted into the Ring, as soon as 2005 or 2006, after more than a decade had put the infamous divorce in its proper perspective. That interval would have been more than seven years longer than when he saw his five-time appearing, two-time winning Super Bowl winning head coach and friend Tom Landry go into the Ring.

Shoot. I think Landry would have spoken up for Johnson also. Better stop now before my psychic starts billing me by the hour, lol.

JoeKing

Diehard
Reaction score
Jerry is just showing his arse with this decision. Jimmy deserves better. :facepalm:

JoeKing

Diehard
Reaction score
Some people keep repeating Jimmy Johnson's personal sentiment, which there is no reason to dispute. However, it is always irrelevant.

Peers do not applaud someone they do not appreciate. They applaud someone they feel deserves the recognition.

People do not gather together to praise individuals who do not contribute to their community. They come together and credit someone who works to make their community better.

People do not congregate to admire someone's lackadaisical work. They assemble to admire a person's hard work that stands out from the crowd.

People do not flock together to acknowledge someone's selfishness. They convene to witness another human being who was selfless or brave in the face of adversity.

Jimmy Johnson was the head coach of the Dallas Cowboys. Within a handful of years, he helped assemble, taught, guide and, in his own way, will his teams into winning the National Football League's ultimate prize. Multiple times. He coached men like Michael Irvin, Emmitt Smith, Troy Aikman and made history--not just for his franchise but in all professional sports also.

Johnson could not care less if he is put in the Ring of Honor. It does not matter. Johnson should be honored for his distinguished contributions to the Dallas Cowboys' franchise and inducted into the Ring. Literally, it is the right thing to do no matter how he feels about it.

I will predict this happening for someone who does not care about going into the Ring. I guarantee Johnson will display the exact same degree of heartfelt emotion everyone saw when he was enshrined into the Pro Football Hall of Fame.

Heck, Johnson was very emotional when the Hall informed him he was going into the Hall. It would not be televised but I can almost guarantee he would react the same way if Jones surprised him with the news, despite all the years of anonymity that may have built up between the two men. Unfortunately, this is all personal speculation on my part.
I believe the word you meant to say was animosity, not anonymity. Jerry and Jimmy are like oil and water... see the pun there? :laugh: