DC: Scout’s Notebook: Broaddus on OTA’s

jazzcat22

Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
I'd rather you not show up. Then show up and hang out on some half behind stuff

I read where certain players, and Smith was one of them were going to get the Romo vet Wednesdays off. I thought it was for TC, but guess it means OTA's as well.

Future

Intramural Legend
Reaction score
Broaddus has many canned things he says this time of year...sounds great and all, but its really just filler. NO SUBSTANCE. I do realize its only May.
In general, yea, but Connor Williams playing left tackle is a lot more than just filler.

It's early, but that nugget tells a lot about what the Cowboys are anticipating this year.

Alexander

What's it going to be then, eh?
Reaction score
One of my biggest gripes with Richard. He has his "types" and if you don't fit in that mold, you are likely going to be on the outside looking in.

But with a bunch of CBs possibly up for new deals, wouldn't it make sense to see more of Lewis?
Marinelli is the same way.

817Gill

Reaction score
Every team with a scheme is the same way.
For some reason we think we’re the only team that brings in “certain kinda guys” or dudes that “fit a style/mold”. Every team does this because that’s the type of player those coaches can coach up into their scheme and culture.

They’ve been going on all since last draft about Chris Ballard doing the same thing in Indy.

CATCH17

1st Round Pick
Reaction score

jazzcat22

Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
I think after the drooling that went on over Jihad Ward last OTA's that all of this stuff should be taken with a grain of salt.

You just can't judge these guys until pads come on.

Very true, but it gives us something to talk about in the mean time, as opposed to nothing but Dak contract talks or this player or that player or this FO sucks threads.

tyke1doe

Reaction score
The disrespect that Jourdan Lewis gets is ludicrous. I’ve never gotten it. Kid can play
Even in this thread. It seems nobody paid attention to his blurb.
I’m just thinking that we all might need to be careful throwing dirt on Jourdan Lewis – the guy is a heck of a player.
We're going to end up losing him, and then some other team is going to find their shutdown corner. He may be small, but his talent jumps out at you. He's a playmaker. And when he gets consistent reps like running backs need, you're going to see him make more interceptions.

Bullflop

Cowboys Diehard
Reaction score
I don't know... he's more of a technician than a brute and that's for the LT.

Amen, you spoke the words that I was about to contribute before seeing yours.

C-Will is technically sound above all else. We'll soon see how he pans out. ;)

Aven8

Reaction score
One of my biggest gripes with Richard. He has his "types" and if you don't fit in that mold, you are likely going to be on the outside looking in.

But with a bunch of CBs possibly up for new deals, wouldn't it make sense to see more of Lewis?

And don’t forget the savvy play last season on Kamara. Shut him down.

Dre11

Reaction score
man i've been preaching this since last season. the kid is better than chido and

With the little time Chido was on the field in their rookie season , Chido looked better. I'll give you Brown on the outside, but inside maybe not.