DC search will include external candidates

RonWashington

Reaction score
What did Ron Rivera accomplish at Wash that even remotely excites this FO ? Please no more guys living off the fumes of past SB glory from the not so recent seasons .

RonWashington

Reaction score
Machota says the names to look for from external candidates are Rivera, Vrabel, Martindale, Staley and Zimmer.

I thought Martindale was headed to Jax . Again no . What did the Giants do that excites this FO . This year they were gum stuck to the bottom of a shoe .

DallasEast

Cowboys 24/7/365
Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
YAndum9.jpg

NDGAEDE

Reaction score
Machota says the names to look for from external candidates are Rivera, Vrabel, Martindale, Staley and Zimmer.
I'm not excited about any of these options. Especially Rivera and Zimmer. Are there any defensive coaches who haven't completely flamed out already?

Maybe they're thinking they will get their own Spagnuolo. But you also have to actually provide the coach with players, too.

jwitten82

Reaction score
I'm not excited about any of these options. Especially Rivera and Zimmer. Are there any defensive coaches who haven't completely flamed out already?

Maybe they're thinking they will get their own Spagnuolo. But you also have to actually provide the coach with players, too.
Only one on that list that is be happy to have is Vrabel

RonWashington

Reaction score
Here’s an outsider with SUCCESS . Johnny Holland LB coach at SF . When you watch that entire defense they play with attitude . The LB’s in particular bring it . And Holland has a Packers pedigree from his playing days . Guy was a player can command respect . 49ers have had nothing but success lately .

EenonyMoose

Reaction score
What if Mike wants to hire Whitt, but Jerry's pulling another Jerry? Wouldn't that be hilarious?

NDGAEDE

Reaction score
Only one on that list that is be happy to have is Vrabel
I don't know about Vrabel, really. Seems like more of a head coach than defensive expert. That said he'd be the best of this bunch, for sure.

NDGAEDE

Reaction score
So why exactly is Rivera this dog crap candidate, gang who wanted to make Dan Quinn the Head Coach last year?
He's being hired to do a job he hasn't done in nearly 15 years.

Also all the failure too

Aven8

Reaction score
I’m bringing in the Bowen guy from the Titans

MMObserver

Reaction score
Here’s an outsider with SUCCESS . Johnny Holland LB coach at SF . When you watch that entire defense they play with attitude . The LB’s in particular bring it . And Holland has a Packers pedigree from his playing days . Guy was a player can command respect . 49ers have had nothing but success lately .
Johnny has been battling cancer and is unlikely to move for health (cancer treatment) reasons.

https://www.ucsfhealth.org/patient-stories/myeloma-49ers-coach