DC search will include external candidates

darthseinfeld

Groupthink Guru
Reaction score
CowboysZone LOYAL Fan
He's still a disciple of Lovie Smith and the Tampa cover 2.

I just think we could do better with a more modern eye on Defense, been a long time since he was a coordinator.

But if you tell me it's between him and Zimmer and I had to choose, it would be Ron.
I have tons of concerns about Rivera (dont want him), but honestly scheme isnt one of them. He tends to build his defenses around the talent.

Id actually probably Zimmer over him. I think he is more aggressive playcaller and that fits our talent. But neither are guys I want

Beast_from_East

Reaction score
What did Ron Rivera accomplish at Wash that even remotely excites this FO ? Please no more guys living off the fumes of past SB glory from the not so recent seasons .
Well, there was that one-time Riverboat Ron took the Panthers to the SB........................other than that, not much to get excited about.

As for his time in Washington..........well, lets not talk about that:laugh:

plymkr

Reaction score
That will be who it is. Better just get used to it
I got a feeling you’re right. I think it will be Zimmer or Rivera. Jerry likes bringing in former HCs for his coordinators.

starfan1

Reaction score
Zimmer is 67 - overrated - crusty - players turned on him too .
Minnesota got better after he left so too Cincy .

Stop w this guy
Seems like I remember wanting him outta here. what changed? I’d actually prefer a bit of young blood

Defense has been a part of the issue for awhile not unlike QB. If you aren’t blowing this thing up and it doesn’t sound like that’s happening then I want some mental toughness and physical toughness on that side of the ball. We have been charmin soft for too long

Which coach brings that I’m not sure but I’d rather have a vrabel then a zimmer but I’m not certain I want either

Carson

Reaction score
Ejiro Evero the Panthers DC would have been a great hire . Jerry needs to quit living in the past .
The problem is, these young guys want long term security.

They aren’t coming here for a one year deal and getting fired when a new HC is hired next season

GimmeTheBall!

Junior College Transfer
Reaction score

I have to say, callow lads, tha Jerald really, really mucked it up by keeping Mike "One Year" McCarthy when Quinn was ready to jump ship.
What proper DC would want the uncertainty?
uncertainty.jpg

Huh?

'

DandyDon52

Reaction score

lol jerry says he likes skins on the wall lol ,Joe aint got no skins!
the title left out cheapest and someone who will do as they are told.

Now that I think about it rivera and zimmer dont have any skins either, except being a hc
Zimmer and riverqa both failed in playoffs too, and thats where dallas needs to improve, so neither one of these guys should even be interviewed.
Maybe he should hire both and let them take turns calling the defense ?

Aven8

Reaction score
The problem is, these young guys want long term security.

They aren’t coming here for a one year deal and getting fired when a new HC is hired next season
I’m not sure anyone coming from Carolina is thinking long term security.

Carson

Reaction score
I’m not sure anyone coming from Carolina is thinking long term security.
Problem with Evero is it’s a lateral move and they seem to be refusing him the chance to interview

Aven8

Reaction score
Problem with Evero is it’s a lateral move and they seem to be refusing him the chance to interview
Yeah I don’t think they let him go. He was the only real bright spot on that team. We even struggled for a minute with them.

I also like the Bowen guy from Titans. They just hired a new DC so not sure if he’s free.

Unfortunately Jerry will go with age

fivetwos

Reaction score
Yeah I don’t think they let him go. He was the only real bright spot on that team. We even struggled for a minute with them.

I also like the Bowen guy from Titans. They just hired a new DC so not sure if he’s free.

Unfortunately Jerry will go with age
Jerry is going with whoever will allow him to continue to run things and be a celebrity despite the awful results.

Zimmer is another yes man who wants a paycheck. Not only do I expect him to be the DC in 2024 but also be the HC in 2025.

They had their window and they blew it by being cute instead of aggressive. The next few years are going to be a mess, and I’d prefer to hire the up and coming coordinator as HC when they have no choice but to do a full rebuild. If that’s how it actually goes, I can wait.

RonWashington

Reaction score
I have to say, callow lads, tha Jerald really, really mucked it up by keeping Mike "One Year" McCarthy when Quinn was ready to jump ship.
What proper DC would want the uncertainty?
uncertainty.jpg

Huh?

'

Basically by keeping MM on a short leash instead of firing him Dallas is stuck with an old warhorse of the DC ranks . Think of what the guy in Houston did when he was at SF . Then in Houston they turn the ship around .

The DC in Carolina gave Dallas fits for most of the game . He’s thought of highly .

The names I’m hearing booking flights to Frisco are Zimmer & Rivera .