DC: Solari Bringing Edge Back to Dallas O-line

quickccc

Reaction score
Philbin is also the one who refused to move Connor Williams to Center, instead stubbornly fixated at forcing Connor to become a Guard even though Connor shows signs of athleticism, along with being very smart, to better become a Center. Cowboys listened to Philbin and cut Connor Williams. Miami immediately picked Connor Williams up, trained him during camp and preseason last year at Center for his very first time, and by season's end, Connor Williams ended up ranked as the 3rd best Center in the whole NFL.

This is also the same coach who stubbornly kept Farniok benched while starting Connor McGovern who ended up as average of a Guard at best. McGovern is now gone as well as Williams. How's that for Joe Philbin being such a genius while being fired and the Oline currently with many questions?
Yes, we missed on Conner Williams to center under Philibin.
But were we fans really pushing for Williams to center at that time ? ....or looking for him to eventually emerge at LG ?

The club relied more upon ex-Dave Rimington awardee center Tyler Biasdz but whispers were already beginning if Philibin was trying to prepare
Williams to center as he was taking center reps in mini and training camps, ..but Williams had his struggles at center and then it was stopped
and eventually given over to very average Farniok.

Many thought McGovern should've been taking center reps iinstead of Wiliams, but it appears Phibin knew the best direction with Williams at center.

And we did not CUT Williams ... he left as an unrestricted FA.

xwalker

Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
But were we fans really pushing for Williams to center at that time ? ....or looking for him to eventually emerge at LG ?

The club relied more upon ex-Dave Rimington awardee center Tyler Biasdz but whispers were already beginning if Philibin was trying to prepare
Williams to center as he was taking center reps in mini and training camps, ..but Williams had his struggles at center and then it was stopped

Many thought McGovern should've been taking center reps iinstead of Wiliams, but it appears Phibin knew the best direction with Williams at center.

@America's Cowboy wanted CW at OC long before he departed.

I agreed on the condition that his shotgun snaps became consistent.

America's Cowboy

Reaction score

Most fans wanted Biadasz, which he improved last year into a nice formidable Center, but I had been saying since Connor Williams' 2nd year in Dallas that he should be converted to Center because of his athleticism and being very smart in college. Cowboys tried very briefly but Philbin gave up on him way too quickly. As for Farniok, he's better than you think. Just needs to be given more reps (something Philbin refused to do). Connor Williams leaves to Miami, and Miami immediately converts him to Center. Result? Connor Williams finished the 2022 season rated (due to his season performance) as the 3rd best Center in the NFL. Even better than Biadasz. Pretty much shows how wrong Philbin was and how making excuses for Philbin is laughable.

CowboyRoy

Reaction score
I saw a tired defense when McCaffery got his first 1st down with 10 minutes left in the game. Pollard was starting to gash them before he went down, Zeke was shot.

I don't hate Dak, I root for Dak every week. He has some limitations but so do 27 other starting QB's in the league. I call it like I see it, some weeks he's lights out, some weeks he's lost.

In the end I say Dak blew the game with the INT's, especially the one inside on own 20 yard line but there were some other plays, dropped pick by Diggs, blown play against Kittle etc.

Dude we were on the road and punched them in the mouth for 50 minutes, if Pollard doesn't go out we beat them by a TD on the road, IMO.

Our trenches on both sides handled SF until the D got tired, our skilled players sucked. Dak, Zeke, Gallup, Pollard (out), Diggs, Maher (nightmare)

Don't be blaming Tyron Smith, dude balled out, whole line played their a** off. Tyler Smith, Zack Martin, Biadasz all played well.
Daks picks were both before the 4th querter.

Whyjerry

Reaction score
Good to hear this. This unit must stay healthy or healthy-ish for us to succeed

https://www.dallascowboys.com/news/...G376B4WyfSywAdyGjs_5Vs7_92tTMTrft3RpBo5sOOmo4

One of the additions includes offensive line coach Mike Solari, who has been coaching in the NFL for 35 years which started with his first stint with the Cowboys in 1987-88, spending two years on the final two seasons with Tom Landry as head coach. Solari was an assistant offensive line coach and special teams coach for those two seasons. Since then, he's been to six different teams, including the Packers for a season under Mike McCarthy.

Eight-time all-pro offensive lineman Zack Martin has already been able to bond early on with Solari as he sees a different type of energy being brought to the room in 2023 with bubbling excitement to finally hit the field later this summer.

He's been great," Martin said. "A lot of energy. His resume speaks for itself, he's coached a lot of good lines. I think the biggest thing is bringing that edge back to our offensive line and I think he's gonna be a big part of that. It's been a great first month or so with him and I can't wait to get to practice with him."
Another coach being pumped up by Jerry’s media machine. I remember when Monte was revolutionizing the defense and Kris Richard was going to be a great head coach. Let’s see how the OL does. He has a lot to work with.