DCT: Sleepers who could make the roster or those expected to who may not

cowboyjoe

Reaction score
Q: Who are some sleepers who could make the roster or players who are expected to make it but might not?

Kerry Delmas, Plano, TX

A: There are actually quite a few roster spots up for grabs. I don’t know how many players are “sleepers” per se, but a few unheralded guys I expect to make the team are supplemental seventh-round nose tackle Jose Brent, cornerback Bryan McCann, tight end Scott Sicko, and guard Phil Costa.

Brent is a high-energy player who reminds me of Jay Ratliff. I have personally guaranteed he earns a roster spot. McCann is another one of my favorite players. Behind the “big three” cornerbacks, he has the best cover skills. Sicko is almost a necessity after John Phillips season-ending ACL tear, and like I said above, Costa has a great opportunity after Kosier’s injury.

There are also a few players I am not projecting to make the roster, yet still could sneak in with good play over the final three preseason games. These would be fullback Chris Gronkowski, wide receiver Jesse Holley, safety Danny McCray, and cornerback Teddy Williams.

Gronkowski’s versatility is his biggest asset, although I’m not sure the Cowboys can retain fullback Deon Anderson, Sicko, and him. Two fullbacks and three tight ends on a pass-first team would be strange. Holley has been great on special teams and could take Sam Hurd’s roster spot. I haven’t been as high on McCray as others, but he’s performed well in practice. Finally, it will be tough for the Cowboys to part ways with the freaky athleticism, speed, and upside of Williams.

click link here

jblaze2004

Reaction score
man imagine (if we find a way to keep teddy williams either on practice squad or on the 53 man roster) if lets say this time next year Teddy Williams blossom into a good cornerback at 6'3 and with that speed he could be one of the best if he just works hard, stays after practice and learn his craft. Heck even watch film of some of the best corners in the league like Revis, DRC, ASO, even Mike jenkins and newman. Ask them plenty of questions and watch film with them.

NextGenBoys

Reaction score
A mailbag huh?

Well Jonathan I'll give you props if you've got people emailing you questions.

Jongb35

Reaction score
NextGenBoys;3505411 said:
A mailbag huh?

Well Jonathan I'll give you props if you've got people emailing you questions.

Haha well thanks. . .it isn't like I'm getting flooded...just collect a few over a period of a few days from the site and Facebook/Twitter.

sbark

Reaction score
.......add the wr Hudgins (sp?).......may fall to the numbers game...but he does produce