News: DE Randy Gregory reinstated

Trouty

Kellen Moore baby
Reaction score
Yep.
Taco has been here working his tail off following league rules.
Gregory has been working his tail off with personal trainers and coaches for the better part of the last year, to my best recoceltion as i can find across the web.

Taco, tho I do like him and think he has a little Ellis in him, in his wettest dreams doesn't have the upside or talent of Gregory.

armadillooutlaw

Reaction score
Putty, this is that bend rusher you've always dreamed of since you've been posting here. Remember all your debates, being ticked off that we lacked a true bend edge because Gregory smoked himself to suspension.

I 'memer :)
Boy, this could get fun for this defense, especially with the DL. I'm really digging the DEs and the ability of our 3Ts. One thing I'm crossing my fingers on is this 1T situation bud. I like Price as a role player and if I recall correctly kskboys (the 1T expert - I trust his opinion) likes that Antwaun Woods fella the 'Boys picked up - also a 1T. Can he be our new Terrell McClain? IMO we just can't afford to waste Collins at 1T and keep getting gashed up the middle. Stop the run and all these awesome rushers can feast.

Trouty

Kellen Moore baby
Reaction score
Hmm so this is only a conditional reinstatement. He has not been fully cleared.

"FRISCO, Texas -- When the Dallas Cowboys open training camp next week in Oxnard, California, defensive end Randy Gregory will be on hand but not yet able to practice fully.

The NFL reinstated Gregory on a conditional basis on Tuesday, allowing him to be at camp and participate in meetings, conditioning work and similar activities, but he has not been cleared to practice or play in games.

Once arrangements regarding Gregory's clinical resources in Dallas are confirmed and he continues to abide by the substance-abuse policy, then he will be fully cleared to return."
It sounds like formality, Vi? He's cleared, just "unofficially"

Or did I just waste an hour and a half of energy, and yell at my ex-wife while she tried to have a talk about our son's drop off date -- because she was cutting into my Cowboys news -- now, for nothing? :(

Dem BOYS WOOT :star::star::star:

MichaelWinicki

"You want some?"
Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
That's two more sacks than some of the scubs we have had on that Dline.

Yep. Between the back surgeries, a 4-week suspension and bad play Lawrence only had 1 sack in 2016... And we know how he made out in 2017.

I'm thinking Gregory will post more than 2 sacks in 14 games in 2018 provide he gets some snaps.

Hardline

Reaction score
Because there's no way you like Randy Gregory and are somehow more excited for Taco
Actually there is a way. Gregory has served his punishment. I support any player wearing the star.
The difference is you have blind faith.
I demand proof.
I can accuse you of not liking Taco because you support Gregory.
See how that works?

zerofill

Reaction score
I am not that excited... I said before, I will go with believing he won't be here game 1. Then I don't have to worry about it if I am right. The other thing is, we didn't see him play enough to get too excited. If he goes out and gets 20 sacks, FO better not even think of giving him a contract. He owes us another year, then a contract can be designed with everything to lose.

viman96

Thread Killer
Reaction score
It sounds like formality, Vi? He's cleared, just "unofficially"

Or did I just waste an hour and a half of energy, and yell at my ex-wife while she tried to have a talk about our son's drop off date -- because she was cutting into my Cowboys news -- now, for nothing? :(

Dem BOYS WOOT :star::star::star:

Hahah I hope so but this is the NFL and the Commish we are talking about so who know how conditional the reinstatement is.

What do they mean "he continues to abide by the substance-abuse policy, then he will be fully cleared to return." Perhaps it is poorly worded? Or the NFL intends to see how Greggory responds to being conditionally reinstated before allowing him to play.

Sydla

Reaction score
Not a pressing need. The league average is 33 % of snaps in base D, so essentially a first-down only position.

When Dallas plays nickel, they have 4 DL on the field, and take a LB off of it. So between their nickel and base D, they account for nearly 75% of total defensive snaps.

The 1 Tech plays a heck of a lot more than you think. So yeah, having a good 1 Tech is a need. In 2016, when we had what we thought was a decent real 1 Tech, McClain played nearly 50% of total defensive snaps and Thornton, his backup, played over 20% of snaps.

So the notion the 1 Tech here is just a first down position is false.

FuzzyLumpkins

The Boognish
Reaction score
Gregory has been working his tail off with personal trainers and coaches for the better part of the last year, to my best recoceltion as i can find across the web.

Taco, tho I do like him and think he has a little Ellis in him, in his wettest dreams doesn't have the upside or talent of Gregory.

There are more than one way to skin a cat. Gregory has elite speed rush potential but Taco can still become an elite pass rusher if he can master power and speed to power moves while being a better run defender.