DE Robert Quinn Signs With The Bears

Melonfeud

I Copy!,,, er,,,I guess,,,ah,,,maybe.
Reaction score
I’ve been advocating for him to stay here for $15/hour but I’m glad he’s gone! I posted this earlier:

Quinn is terrible against the run, screen passes & above average LT’s. Don’t be fooled by the anomaly of sacks that he had last year - he gives up way too many big plays for those sacks to even matter. He’s the Patrick Beverley of the NFL - everyone is fooled and thinks this guy can play defense. He’s complete trash.
(Nice try #90, you tanker,you ain't fooling me):lmao2:

Doomsday101

Reaction score
History says it's not in our favor. But I never said the draft and FA was over.

History say we picked up Quinn on a 1 year deal last season. I expect Dallas to look into FA and the draft to build this defense.

blueblood70

Reaction score
Robert Quinn Hits Big PayDay With Chicago Bears
https://www.dallascowboys.com/news/robert-quinn-hits-big-payday-with-chicago-bears

FRISCO, Texas – The exodus of Cowboys defenders continues on the second day of the legal tampering window.

One day after Byron Jones departed for Miami, Robert Quinn has agreed to terms with the Chicago Bears on a five-year, $70 million contract – with $30 million of it fully guaranteed.

It's a big pay day for Quinn after a renaissance season in Dallas. The Cowboys traded a sixth-round draft pick to Miami in exchange for the former All-Pro, and he responded with 11.5 sacks – his highest total since he posted 19 during the 2013 season.

Quinn was one of just a few bright spots on a Dallas defense that struggled with consistency last season. After missing the first two games due to suspension, he was the steadiest member of the Cowboys' pass rush, tallying 34 tackles, 13 tackles for loss and 22 quarterback hits to go along with his sack total.
this is NOT a surprise..cobb BJ and QUINN we all knew the likelihood they left was higher then 75% and for what they got paid, it was the right move for the Fo to let them..we can build our team with the FAs hitting the block tomorrow and the Draft its a long offseason of payer acquisition that just started..

Proof

Reaction score
I don't think it's insane at all. $14m AAV is a bit high, but not unreasonable.

Depending on how it's structured, this might basically be a 3-year, $30m deal.

yeah I definitely fell victim to the flashy fake numbers, but it’s definitely an effective headline

Future

Intramural Legend
Reaction score
Here's a guy I'd strongly consider .......for the right price. Yes, he's a FA......

DANTE FOWLERDL, LOS ANGELES RAMS

Rams acquired DE Dante Fowler from the Jaguars in exchange for a 2019 third-round pick and 2020 fifth-round pick.
The Jets and Packers were also reportedly interest, which explains the steep price. The odd man out of the Jags' defensive end rotation, Fowler will provide instant help for Wade Phillips' defense in Los Angeles. The No. 3 overall pick of the 2015 draft has made just one career start, but that could quickly change. Fowler registered two sacks on 165 snaps in Jacksonville this season. It's a nice addition for L.A., but there is no guarantee it's a truly impact one. Fowler will be a free agent at season's end.
Define right price, because he's going to cost close to $20m.

Kaiser

Reaction score
I liked him..was hoping we could keep him, Gregory is big risk

True but there is plenty of time to add someone in the draft. Gregory and Dorance Armstrong are the fall back position, but you can also make a trade similar to what they did with Quinn to get a veteran on a salary dump.

Then you also bring in a couple of Kerry Hyder types to see if they can contribute.

mmohican29

Reaction score
No new toys for Cowboys fans? Teams are throwing around cash and our idiots are content to bathe in it.

Now we def need DE help too. This DL went from a strength to one of the worst in the NFL.

Gregory? Yeah right.

Go get Clowney immediately.

Silverstar

Reaction score
Jerry made his splash with Cooper/Jarwin and will now likely wait for the second wave of FA.

Same as it ever was.