DE Robert Quinn will be a free agent next year in 2020

quickccc

Reaction score
Just say if Quinn continues to have a banner year for us in his ony starting year here with the Cowboys
ad he collects 15 sacks en route to All star honors (ala Pro bowl, etc) being that
DE Robert Quinn will be a free agent next year in 2020, he will maximize his prove -it -year and
set the stage on the FA market .....to the highest bidder.

Franchise Tag him ? if Cowboys do not re-sign Dak, that franchise tag would have to be made available for the franchise QB ..so but what of Quinn, Cooper and Byron Jones ?

and we are due plenty of cap amount in 2020 (55 million ?)

i know its so early and he just came off a (controversial) 2 game suspension, but it's looking so promising
for Quinn and what he can do for our much needed pass rush.

xwalker

Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
Just say if Quinn continues to have a banner year for us in his ony starting year here with the Cowboys
ad he collects 15 sacks en route to All star honors (ala Pro bowl, etc) being that
DE Robert Quinn will be a free agent next year in 2020, he will maximize his prove -it -year and

Franchise Tag him ? if Cowboys do not re-sign Dak, that franchise tag would have to be made available for the franchise QB ..so but what of Quinn, Cooper and Byron Jones ?

i know its so early and he just came off a (controversial) 2 game suspension, but it's looking so promising
Leave some stuff to discuss after the season...

bsbellomy

Reaction score

After Elliott DeMarcus and Jaylon performance this year's I'm not in favor of giving anybody a big contract. Let other teams let them get their early retirement checks.

Tussinman

Reaction score
lol at franchise tagging a player that's at the time (2020) will be 7 seasons removed from his all time prime.

Also lol at "prove it year" for a NFL vet that's made almost 70 million dollars and has over 70 career sacks (yeah he's really trying to prove he's not some scrub........)

Love Quinn but he's had suspension, 3 different injury issues, and like I said is far removed from his all time prime. Still a damn good player but there won't be any teams fighting over long term deals or franchise tags.

Realistically if the cowboys wanted to keep him they could do a 2 year extension since a lot of teams would be willing to give him 2 years at not elite money but very good money if he finishes this year strong

Silly

Reaction score
I would guess he gets a 21.5 million a year deal.

JoeKing

Diehard
Reaction score

What are you complaining about? Do you really think Jerry signed Quinn for just one season to just let him walk when he plays well? You didn't point out a single thing that anyone that keeps up with the Cowboys didn't already know. The Jones boys have a plan to keep the players that do well. Cooper, Jones, and Quinn are all getting resigned or tagged. Here's something I bet you did not know. Because 2020 is the last year of the current CBA, every team is allowed to have both a franchise tag and a transition tag. Expect the FO to use both of those tags next season.

darthseinfeld

Groupthink Guru
Reaction score
CowboysZone LOYAL Fan
What are you complaining about? Do you really think Jerry signed Quinn for just one season to just let him walk when he plays well? You didn't point out a single thing that anyone that keeps up with the Cowboys didn't already know. The Jones boys have a plan to keep the players that do well. Cooper, Jones, and Quinn are all getting resigned or tagged. Here's something I bet you did not know. Because 2020 is the last year of the current CBA, every team is allowed to have both a franchise tag and a transition tag. Expect the FO to use both of those tags next season.
Just a note, if he plays well and signs a big contract elsewhere we could be in line for a 3rd round comp pick in 2021. So if he does walk, that could be a nice return on the 6th round pick we spent to get him

I also there is a good chance he choses to stay here for a deal comparable to what Justin Houston got from Indianapolis. He could get him for solid AAV on a short deal if we are willing to pony up 20 or million in guarentee's. Houston signed for 2 years, 24 million with 18 guarenteed coming off 19.5 sacks over the last two years

Last edited:

darthseinfeld

Groupthink Guru
Reaction score
CowboysZone LOYAL Fan
Jerry , Pay the guy, give him a 100 million dollar contract ...

Quinn , Once you get paid , Don't worry about being held accountable .

This is dallas baby !
In which do you want them to be held accountable. Do you want them to get fined if we lose a game? This post is confusing

HellCrowe

Reaction score
lol at franchise tagging a player that's at the time (2020) will be 7 seasons removed from his all time prime.

Also lol at "prove it year" for a NFL vet that's made almost 70 million dollars and has over 70 career sacks (yeah he's really trying to prove he's not some scrub........)

Love Quinn but he's had suspension, 3 different injury issues, and like I said is far removed from his all time prime. Still a damn good player but there won't be any teams fighting over long term deals or franchise tags.

Realistically if the cowboys wanted to keep him they could do a 2 year extension since a lot of teams would be willing to give him 2 years at not elite money but very good money if he finishes this year strong

I don’t get this notion that

Quinn is out of his “prime.” It’s like you’re saying he is closer to his mid 30s when the guy is a young 29, only 1 year older than Aaron Donald and Khalil Mack and 2 years older than DLaw. I do understand that maybe we don’t resign him to a 5 year extension but compared to the elite pass rushers, his age and from what we’ve seen so far, his production rivals them.

darthseinfeld

Groupthink Guru
Reaction score
CowboysZone LOYAL Fan

Quinn is out of his “prime.” It’s like you’re saying he is closer to his mid 30s when the guy is a young 29, only 1 year older than Aaron Donald and Khalil Mack and 2 years older than DLaw. I do understand that maybe we don’t resign him to a 5 year extension but compared to the elite pass rushers, his age and from what we’ve seen so far, his production rivals them.
Pass rushers can also be very productive into there.

Sydla

Reaction score
This is why I was against signing Elliott for big money. Guys like Quinn and Jones might be the casualties.

I was getting comfortable with the concept of Jones being let walk but after seeing Awuzie and Brown thus far? Wow, you let Jones go and the CB position is a big need IMO.

CATCH17

1st Round Pick
Reaction score

I think he would walk because we couldn't afford.

I think this guy just shows up and rushes the passer for whoever offers the most money. I just get that vibe from him.

Proof

Reaction score

Right and in the same breath he mentions how far he is from his prime and scoffs at the notion this is essentially a prove it deal. Strange post in which I disagree with basically everything said