News: DE Sam Williams arrested Sunday on controlled substance, weapons charges

SteveTheCowboy

Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
Yes, stupid human beings at that. Unfortunately most of us were young and dumb at one time. These guys are paid handsomely and worshiped, consequently they must uphold a higher standard. Sam had the potential for a break out this year too.
Hmmm....I dunno about a "higher standard"....for an athlete? What makes them different than anyone else? Money? "fame"? Role model? Best of humanity?

Like any human endeavor....faulty humans.

SteveTheCowboy

Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
This. ^^^^Smoking weed and even owning a gun is not necessarily a problem. Unless you are acting like a fool with both. Which is stupid.

You don’t have to be a “choir boy” to be successful in the NFL. But you can’t be stupid.
Oh you can be stupid. Just can't be caught.

I am sure a ton of stupidity goes unnoticed.

phildadon86

Reaction score

Edit Marijuana and a weapon .... lol goodness.

Dallas Cowboys defensive end Sam Williams was arrested by Frisco police Sunday night on charges of possession of a controlled substance and unlawful carrying of a weapon, per a police department spokesperson.
The controlled substance charge, for alleged possession of marijuana, is a low-level state felony and the unlawful carrying of a weapon is a misdemeanor, according to Frisco police. Williams, 24, played in the Cowboys’ 22-14 loss in Seattle on Saturday. He returned with the team early Sunday morning.

The Cowboys declined to comment through a spokesman. The team is aware of the arrest.

Where are all of the people who called me crazy for wanting to use that second rounder on someone else? Travis jones for instance. Hey what do I know lol. I knew this was a mistake. Character issues always come back. Making someone with issues a millionaire usually doesnt cure the issue.

rambo2

Reaction score
Hopefully, they make it through his rookie contract.

Mr_437

Reaction score
There’s “lawful” and “unlawful” carrying of both guns and weed. In Texas, possession of marijuana is still (foolishly IMO) illegal. Having a gun in TX is legal but there are stipulations.

I have a couple of friends that are cops in the Dallas area, and they say they don‘t care about getting people with weed possession unless their behavior is so noticeable and reckless, they need to pull them over and find out what’s going on. Like driving at excessive speeds, driving erratically, etc. Obviously, none of us know the whole story.
The key is why was he pulled over, like you stated your cop friends address. I would like to know those stipulations because I thought it was no problem to carry, so to goggle I go.

phildadon86

Reaction score
I am so happy the Cowboys continue to use the second round to draft knuckleheads like this.

Creed Humphrey and Travis Jones could be a part of this roster currently if they stopped taking unnecessary risks on these guys. Just put that into perspective.

And thats only 2 players off of the top of my head. @America's Cowboy Remember when I said this would come back to bite us?

Silver N Blue

Reaction score

Dallas Cowboys defensive end Sam Williams was arrested by Frisco police Sunday night on charges of possession of a controlled substance and unlawful carrying of a weapon, per a police department spokesperson.
The controlled substance charge, for alleged possession of marijuana, is a low-level state felony and the unlawful carrying of a weapon is a misdemeanor, according to Frisco police. Williams, 24, played in the Cowboys’ 22-14 loss in Seattle on Saturday. He returned with the team early Sunday morning.

The Cowboys declined to comment through a spokesman. The team is aware of the arrest.

Cut him.

MonsterD

Quota outta absentia
Reaction score
The key is why was he pulled over, like you stated your cop friends address. I would like to know those stipulations because I thought it was no problem to carry, so to goggle I go.
I would think a permit to carry and having the weapon registered are basic law compliance.

Tabascocat

Dexternjack
Reaction score
CowboysZone LOYAL Fan
You don’t need a LTC to carry(concealed or open) in Texas anymore. But, if you have been in trouble with the law, that changes. I imagine he wasn’t allowed to own a firearm for some reason or another.

MikeB80

Reaction score
I don't understand the problem, can't he just tell the police that he plays with Dak Prescott and he will leadership him through this?

DallasEast

Cowboys 24/7/365
Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan

You work your tail off growing up. Years of grinding to be the best of the best. You dream of making it to the NFL. And finally. Your dream come true.

Then you do every little avoidable thing to <expletive> it up.

:facepalm: