News: DE Sam Williams arrested Sunday on controlled substance, weapons charges

blueblood70

Reaction score
Looks like Land makes the roster.
You're forgetting that the legal process and the process with the NFL takes a really long time so Sam Williams is probably gonna play this year regardless his suspension or possible suspension would be for next year they typically don't do this right away before the legal ramifications are settled he could get this knocked down to a misdemeanor with very little time and being that technically THC and weed is legal and he's not been in any kind of program he may not get suspended the firearm itself is legal to carry in Texas concealed or otherwise in your vehicle it was the THC being it with it and his speeding that caused him to be pulled over but his lawyers can get this knocked down to a point where it doesn't look so bad..

Anyway like I said there'll be a long delay this will end up being something that NFL looks at suspensions and whatnot for next year but I doubt he does a single day in jail for it..

blueblood70

Reaction score
Welp there we go, he had the character red flags before he was drafted, in the second round.
So did Ray Lewis what's your point there are many players that have dumb dumb ship when they were young and they eventually can get past it and I bet this doesn't turn into anything big his lawyers will handle this it'll probably get knocked down to a misdemeanor and the league probably won't suspend him for very long being he's not on any kind of watch list for drugs and THC is technically legal in the NFL now they don't test for it very much unless you're in a program and carrying a firearm in Texas is 100% legal it's just he got arrested they'll work it out and they'll probably take a year before that even happens so he will probably play this year but he needs to be sat down and talked to by the coaches and the owners about making choices because this is probably his last chance..

But let's not act like this doesn't happen around all sports I mean we've seen it a lot in the NBA lately people in the headlines but it may be a felony but once lawyers get ahold of this and the league looks at it I doubt anything big's gonna happen... The young man needs to mature but again guys like Ray Lewis had worse reputations coming into the league you know with murder or conspiracy that kind of thing and he seemed to get past it...

blueblood70

Reaction score
I simply explained "bad" people. It's not a gray area. Not sure of your point, unless you're suggesting everyone be treated as "bad," which won't help when actual "bad" people are involved.
Right this was a bad decision this isn't like he's evil or bad in any way he just happened to have a legal firearm legally in his truck at the same time he was speeding and it's that THC oil for a vape that got him in trouble and I bet in some way shape or form nothing's gonna happen for a year once they get the legal things worked out it'll probably be a misdemeanor he's gonna play this year and he just has to start making better choices because now he's on notice with the league whether they suspend them or not just depends on the legal stuff and they're not gonna do it right away.

Anyone saying he's a bad person or evil because of this situation I mean forget guys like Ray Lewis and all the frenzy head in the conspiracy to cover up murder. I mean he seemed to make it all the way to the Hall of Fame after that.

So let's not jump to conclusions and overreact like this board does every time and let the legal system work out and then we'll figure out how it works but I'm betting he plays this year this usually takes about a year to work itself out through the legal system first then the NFL has to make a decision but nothing in here was a violent crime there was no actual victims and they'll figure it out...

Reactions: CWR

khiladi

Reaction score
I thought weed was legal in the NFL up until August, meaning as long as before the season started. I mean how exactly is the NFL going to deal with a situation like this regarding the players that are in a state like Colorado and others, not.

USArmyVet

Reaction score
Absolutely pathetic the defense Williams is getting because he is a 'rising Cowboys player'. Self-awareness and accountability be damned and the group is just a small sample of the idiocy this nation has become.

rambo2

Reaction score
I thought weed was legal in the NFL up until August, meaning as long as the season started. I mean how exactly is the NFL going to deal with a situation like this regarding the players that are in a state like Colorado and others, not.
Pass the deuche on the left hand side.

CWR

Reaction score
Right this was a bad decision this isn't like he's evil or bad in any way he just happened to have a legal firearm legally in his truck at the same time he was speeding and it's that THC oil for a vape that got him in trouble and I bet in some way shape or form nothing's gonna happen for a year once they get the legal things worked out it'll probably be a misdemeanor he's gonna play this year and he just has to start making better choices because now he's on notice with the league whether they suspend them or not just depends on the legal stuff and they're not gonna do it right away.

Anyone saying he's a bad person or evil because of this situation I mean forget guys like Ray Lewis and all the frenzy head in the conspiracy to cover up murder. I mean he seemed to make it all the way to the Hall of Fame after that.

So let's not jump to conclusions and overreact like this board does every time and let the legal system work out and then we'll figure out how it works but I'm betting he plays this year this usually takes about a year to work itself out through the legal system first then the NFL has to make a decision but nothing in here was a violent crime there was no actual victims and they'll figure it out...

Completely agree. The problem I'm having is any criticism of him certain posters are responding with hyperbole to. He's made bad choices and been stupid. Young people in particular will do that, unfortunately he has a higher standard to keep being in the limelight. Those guys are forced to grow up quickly or lose a lifetime opportunity.

Hopefully Sam learns and starts making better choices moving forward.

KingCorcoran

Reaction score

Wasn’t he arrested last year for going 98 MPH, weaving in and out of traffic, caused an accident that ended up totaling his car and with he and the other driver in the hospital with some minor injuries, but he was banged up enough to miss a game?

CWR

Reaction score
No, I am saying that good and evil are relative and guilt or innocence are determined in a court of law after the fact. The paradigm just seems like an excuse to do nothing.

I'm not as polar as you assume. I'm also not delusional and won't listen to pie in the sky nonsense. Resolution requires comprise and good sense. We have none of that, and it likely won't change until the whole house of cards comes tumbling down.

GINeric

Reaction score
Your first comment was he didn't commit a crime at all which was false and why I replied. If you used the term "seriously illegal" I wouldn't have disagreed with your post. I don't know all the details but if he just smoked a little bit its NBD

On your second comment, people who toss garbage out a car window should be charged with some type of fine or violation. Who does that? What if everyone threw all their **** out the window?

Meaning... if a person with a lil weed and a gun is considered "character issues".... then so does someone who tosses trash out of their car window.

Now did Sam commit a CRIME or violation.....

DandyDon52

Reaction score
NO COMMENT is standard operating procedure for teams when these things first break. Don't think you can read much into it.
I was wrong lol they were thinking how can we smooth this out so we can keep him !
Jerrys comment now is he is getting better, less harmful, less dangerous ! lol
Of course jerry also thought gregory could quit smoking weed long enough to pass a test, and would exend with the cowboys since they
stuck with him.

vlad

Reaction score
At first glance I was shocked that Frisco police actually arrested someone…….until I realized it was Frisco TX and not San Francisco California.

and yes, this can also be considered as “keeping it on the real”.
I’m currently in SF, what a beautiful place they let fall to crap.

shabazz

Reaction score
I’m currently in SF, what a beautiful place they let fall to crap.
Used to go to Fisherman’s Wharf every couple years……they won’t see my money ever again. Sad really.

CouchCoach

Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
I thought weed was legal in the NFL up until August, meaning as long as before the season started. I mean how exactly is the NFL going to deal with a situation like this regarding the players that are in a state like Colorado and others, not.
It's not legal as long as it's illegal federally but they agreed to stop testing and punishing for it. This is different because he has been arrested and the NFL will not ignore that. They will wait and let it play out in the legal system but this guy already had the wrong kind of light shining on him from last season. He is in their crosshairs.