News: DE Sam Williams arrested Sunday on controlled substance, weapons charges

HabsCowboysOwn

Reaction score
Going to jail for a tiny bit of weed extract lmao, some of you guys are too much. No, his career is not over because of something that insignificant and he’ll play this year — take a chill pill or even better, smoke a bowl. It’s good for the nerves!

GINeric

Reaction score
Because there aren't any professional surgeon leagues. Or pro lawyer tournaments. Athletes carry the hopes and dreams of millions in the fanbase rooting for a particular team to win a championship. When one of them is arrested and suspended ,it helps to derail that teams chances. It sucks but it happens.

But they all are considered professionals.

There are medical teams and legal teams. It isn't sports but there are millions who depend on the sobriety of a medical team to save their lives or their limbs during surgical procedures.

There are millions that depend on the sobriety of the legal teams they hire in hopes of winning or fighting for their freedom or a successful lawsuit.

It's not sports but they ALL are professionals.

gtb1943

Reaction score
Stupid is as stupid does as regards the weapon. IN CALIFORNIA OF ALL PLACES!

Typhus

Captain Catfish
Reaction score
Yet Cowboys fans everywhere were calling the Sam Williams pick a steal. Don't recall anyone complaining about the pick at the time.
It was a steal, all the potential in the world, high ceiling just sank a bit.

nate dizzle

Reaction score
CowboysZone DIEHARD Fan
The report said, “controlled substance”. That is not marijuana.
"The controlled substance charge, for alleged possession of marijuana, is a low-level state felony and the unlawful carrying of a weapon is a misdemeanor"

Yeah, except no.

krs1bro

Reaction score
Ok DC nation a little over reaction on my part and I apologize to the forum. Sam is one of my favorite players because he's old school. Punch you in the mouth and blow up the opposing QB. The guy definitely has a fire in his make up that is good for this team. I'm waiting on judgement here until all of the facts are disclosed. Apologies again to the DC family here.

rambo2

Reaction score
Ok DC nation a little over reaction on my part and I apologize to the forum. Sam is one of my favorite players because he's old school. Punch you in the mouth and blow up the opposing QB. The guy definitely has a fire in his make up that is good for this team. I'm waiting on judgement here until all of the facts are disclosed. Apologies again to the DC family here.
The facts are that he is a good football player, a stoner, and stupid.

CooterBrown

Reaction score
"The controlled substance charge, for alleged possession of marijuana, is a low-level state felony and the unlawful carrying of a weapon is a misdemeanor"

Yeah, except no.
THC is not marijuana. It is the active ingredient chemical derived from the plant. Under Texas law THC is a controlled substance, Marijuana. Has a separate section of the law. You may say they are the same, but Texas law does not agree with you.

baltcowboy

Reaction score
The arrest is bad and I would be interested to know what he as doing to get pulled over but I could care less about the THC oil or the gun.
Probably driving like a maniac in a 200 thousand dollar car. To be honest that is what is more concerning to me. Don’t these guys follow the Jerome Brown story or what happened to Jalen Carter. Just inexcusable.

Jarntt

Reaction score
I meant he didn't do anything seriously illegal. Having a gun and a personal stash of weed isn't a serious crime or a character issue.

It's against the law to litter, but who on this board never tossed a paper cup, bottle or a burger wrapper out of the car window before??? I guess we all have character issues according to many here then.
Your first comment was he didn't commit a crime at all which was false and why I replied. If you used the term "seriously illegal" I wouldn't have disagreed with your post. I don't know all the details but if he just smoked a little bit its NBD

On your second comment, people who toss garbage out a car window should be charged with some type of fine or violation. Who does that? What if everyone threw all their **** out the window?

raven55

Reaction score
the problem is he's an idiot that plays for lil jerry. driving at those speeds is always a what if he had hit a family or any one on the road it would have been a big mess. the league and the nfl should send a LOUD and CLEAR message if you do this - suspended for a min of a year with drug and other counseling and forfeit 3/4 of salary that would get there attention and any other major problems banned from playing for life a lot of people say this is a knee jerk reaction remember back at all these players from bruce smith, lance rentzal and so many others got away with all of this even up to gang bang murders he didn't get away i know you know who I'm talking about [played for new england. but they won't so life goes on

TexasHillbilly

Reaction score
Going to jail for a tiny bit of weed extract lmao, some of you guys are too much. No, his career is not over because of something that insignificant and he’ll play this year — take a chill pill or even better, smoke a bowl. It’s good for the nerves!
So what do you think God-ell will do as far as a suspension? 6 games maybe? That seems to be one of his favorite numbers.

I didn't realize it was just pot he was nabbed with. I thought it was something more serious which would constitute jail time.

Grenic

Reaction score
There’s “lawful” and “unlawful” carrying of both guns and weed. In Texas, possession of marijuana is still (foolishly IMO) illegal. Having a gun in TX is legal but there are stipulations.

I have a couple of friends that are cops in the Dallas area, and they say they don‘t care about getting people with weed possession unless their behavior is so noticeable and reckless, they need to pull them over and find out what’s going on. Like driving at excessive speeds, driving erratically, etc. Obviously, none of us know the whole story.
Here in California you can have weed delivered to your home, door dash for weed

CWR

Reaction score
So then it is all revisionist after the fact. Not a good way to make decisions in real time.

I simply explained "bad" people. It's not a gray area. Not sure of your point, unless you're suggesting everyone be treated as "bad," which won't help when actual "bad" people are involved.

FuzzyLumpkins

The Boognish
Reaction score
I simply explained "bad" people. It's not a gray area. Not sure of your point, unless you're suggesting everyone be treated as "bad," which won't help when actual "bad" people are involved.
No, I am saying that good and evil are relative and guilt or innocence are determined in a court of law after the fact. The paradigm just seems like an excuse to do nothing.