BREAKING NEWS Deadline passes, Dak playing under Tag

Reaction score
Its stupid to have a 4 year vs a 5 year deal as a sticking point. Idiotic.

But it is what it is.

Next year it's going to be a 3 year vs. a 4 year deal. And the merry go round keeps turning.

But I just laugh at the anti-Dakkers. They think they can phone 1-800 QB and have Patrick Mahomes drop in their laps. lol

McKDaddy

Reaction score
The fact that they didn’t even talk past June 22nd says the relationship is damaged going forward.
I don't believe that is necessarily the case. Primarily because i think people inside the league have been skeptical the season would occur or at least in a normal fashion and thus it makes it hard to conduct business "as normal". Its very possible that both sides realized this & used the tag as a temporary solution. At some point in the future we will know how it played out.

TheMarathonContinues

Reaction score
Its stupid to have a 4 year vs a 5 year deal as a sticking point. Idiotic.

But it is what it is.

Next year it's going to be a 3 year vs. a 4 year deal. And the merry go round keeps turning.

But I just laugh at the anti-Dakkers. They think they can phone 1-800 QB and have Patrick Mahomes drop in their laps. lol
Well that's what I wonder so next year is it going to be a 3 year deal on the table?

Big_D

Reaction score
Took them 10 years to do. That doesn't show they aren't poorly ran.....

If Garrett was still here this contract would be done after the Cowboys give in to every demand. No doubt about it.

DFWJC

Reaction score
Here are the results of the Tagged Players entering this week

14 Total: 10 will play on tag, 2 signed new deals, 2 have not yet signed their tag
  • Chris Jones, DT, Kansas City..........SIGNED NEW DEAL on Monday
  • Dak Prescott, QB, Dallas......SIGNED FRANCHISE TAG (no new deal)
  • Derrick Henry, RB, Tennessee .....SIGNED NEW DEAL in the final hour
  • Shaq Barrett, DE/OLB, Tampa Bay (19.5 sacks)...WILL SIGN FRANCHISE TAG (no new deal)
  • Yannick Ngakoue, DE, Jacksonville ......HAS NOT YET SIGNED TAG
  • Brandon Scherff, OG, Washington (3x Pro Bowl)........SIGNED FRANCHISE TAG (no new deal)
  • Bud Dupree, OLB/DE, Pittsburgh.....SIGNED FRANCHISE TAG (no new deal)
  • Matthew Juden, OLB, Baltimore (Pro Bowl)....SIGNED FRANCHISE TAG (no new deal)
  • Justin Simmons, S, Denver (All Pro).......SIGNED FRANCHISE TAG (no new deal).
  • Anthony Harris, S, Minnesota....SIGNED FRANCHISE TAG (no new deal)
  • Joe Thuney, G, New England.....SIGNED FRANCHISE TAG (no new deal).
  • Leonard Willaims, DT, NY Giants......SIGNED FRANCHISE TAG (no new deal).
  • Hunter Henry, TE, LA Chargers.....SIGNED FRANCHISE TAG (no new deal)
  • AJ Green, WR, Cincinnati ...HAS NOT YET SIGNED TAG

Montanalo

Reaction score
CowboysZone DIEHARD Fan
Sure didn't see that coming... just assumed the Jones boys would cave and pay.

Although I would have preferred Dak signed longterm, I have to applaud the Cowboys for sticking to their guns