Deal or No Deal: Determining which of their own 7 defensive free agents the Cowboys should re-sign

darthseinfeld

Groupthink Guru
Reaction score
CowboysZone LOYAL Fan
This could work in our favor with all the no deals projections. As a change is needed.

However how realistic are the expected contracts?
Like I expect Gilmore to return for less than $9 million.
Those arent real projections. Its BTB. Its no more relevant than a thread someone posts here

big dog cowboy

THE BIG DOG
Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
So basically let's run it back with the same team and see what happens?
I advocated for bringing back only 3 of the 7 and you deducted 'let's run it back' from that???

2 of those were CB's which makes a ton of sense because we can put of drafting one high for the future.

Jebus.

Chasing6

Reaction score
I advocated for bringing back only 3 of the 7 and you deducted 'let's run it back' from that???

2 of those were CB's which makes a ton of sense because we can put of drafting one high for the future.

Jebus.
If we picked up Wilkins we would not need to resign either DB.

Adreme

Reaction score
Gilmore and Lewis makes sense and kicks the can of drafting a CB early down the road.

Armstrong and Fowler will get bigger deals than the Cowboys want to pay.

Kearse and Gallimore - let them walk.

Hankins - sign another 1 year deal.
I think it is pretty far down the road already (2-3 years minimum). Diggs and Bland are your top 2 for the next 3-4 years at least (possibly more depending on how Diggs plays). You are not drafting your 3rd CB in rounds 1 or 2. Maybe round 3 if it’s a really nice prospect and that is a maybe.

reddyuta

Reaction score
indecisive-i-dont-know.gif

TequilaCowboy

Reaction score
I think Dallas will resign Lewis, Hankins at same cost ....maybe Gilmore if he takes a BIG pay cut, not if he stays at 10m, but even 8m is too much. Personally, i would move on from all of these free agents. Those three are replaceable. Need fresh blood. Now is a good a time as any.

FuzzyLumpkins

The Boognish
Reaction score
He was. Hankins ranked at the bottom of defensive tackles. Most importantly he was signed to a minimum contract and considered retirement. He basically is a speed bump.
Is that why there was a significant decrease in run defense when he went down?

TheMarathonContinues

Reaction score
If Gilmore walks, then that’s a one year rental for a fifth round draft pick.
Thats no way to build a team either.
It is. You can get a 5th for nothing. I’d take a 5th right now for a one year rental. Give me Wilkins on a one year rental.

TheMarathonContinues

Reaction score
I think Dallas will resign Lewis, Hankins at same cost ....maybe Gilmore if he takes a BIG pay cut, not if he stays at 10m, but even 8m is too much. Personally, i would move on from all of these free agents. Those three are replaceable. Need fresh blood. Now is a good a time as any.
You can’t let everyone walk you create even more holes then you already have.

MikeT22

Reaction score
It is. You can get a 5th for nothing. I’d take a 5th right now for a one year rental. Give me Wilkins on a one year rental.
A 5th and then a 5th and 6th for Cooks and a 4th for Lance. Then in a year or two you have nothing to show for it.

TheMarathonContinues

Reaction score
A 5th and then a 5th and 6th for Cooks and a 4th for Lance. Then in a year or two you have nothing to show for it.
Yeah but this is win now. I can’t worry about next season or the year after. I want to win now. Also it’s worth noting that they’ve hit on some late round guys that make up for those picks. Bell, Turpin, Aubrey cost us nothing. It balances.

Coogiguy03

Reaction score
CowboysZone LOYAL Fan
Armstrong is getting more than that i'm sorry 4 year 89 million