Deal to trade Culpepper in place

LittleBoyBlue

Redvolution
Reaction score
juice28 said:
Oakland...those two need each other.

Oh man Randy and Daunte together again...

I hope we never see the Raiders EVER AGAIN... those guys have ruined many a thanksgiving dinners for me.... although I think even THAT tandem is somewhat done...

WoodysGirl

U.N.I.T.Y
Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
Vikings | Wilf claims no knowledge of Culpepper trade
Thu, 9 Mar 2006 20:53:32 -0800

Jeff Zulgad, of the Star Tribune, reports Minnesota Vikings owner Zygi Wilf said he did not know of an impending deal involving QB Daunte Culpepper. "I honestly don't know anything about that," Wilf said when asked about a report on the NFL.com website that indicated a Culpepper deal was imminent. "I would tell you if I did. I think it's guesswork on their part."

Reports began to circulate Thursday afternoon, March 9, that the Vikings were upset enough by Culpepper's request to be traded that they began to aggressively shop him. "Daunte Culpepper stated he would like to be traded or released, and right now we're addressing the situation," Wilf said from his New Jersey home. "That's all I can say."

Vikings | More about potential Culpepper trade
Thu, 9 Mar 2006 20:58:31 -0800

Don Seeholzer and Sean Jensen, of the Pioneer Press, report the Minnesota Vikings would gain an additional $2.3 million in salary cap space by trading QB Daunte Culpepper. In addition, if he is traded soon, Culpepper's $6 million roster bonus would be paid by his new club. Given Culpepper's knee injury, the return on Culpepper could be minimal for the Vikings. The source said teams would not part with a first-round pick and that a conditional pick was expected. According to FOXSports.com, if the Vikings can't trade him before that bonus is due, they intend to ask him to push the date back in order to continue to work toward a trade.

Pat Kirwan, a senior analyst for NFL.com, said because of Culpepper's uncertain physical status, any trade likely will involve future conditional draft choices. "This would be a sliding scale that I've run past a few general managers that are not in the market for Culpepper," Kirwan said. "The draft picks are for 2007. If you trade for the guy and he never plays, the compensation is zero. If he plays eight or less games, the compensation is a second-round pick. If he plays nine or more games, the compensation is a first-round pick. If he throws for 3,000 yards, then it's a first and a third. And if he makes the Pro Bowl next year, it's two first-round picks."

CaptainAmerica

Reaction score
I really like the Oakland rookie, Andrew Walter who was the 3rd QB in Oakland. If they acquire Culpepper, I would like for us to look at Walter. I think he has real potential.

Obviously this isn't happening, but he's got much more long term upside than Romo.

CooterBrown

Reaction score
Dennis Green's most successful teams were with Moss and Culpepper, so I believe he'll try to get Culpepper.

Speaking of Culpepper, as big as he is already, if he doesn't work out while he is recovering from that knee injury, he could be the NFL's first 300 pound QB.

Zippy Speedster

Reaction score
Oakland or Arizona. Depends who wants him more, Davis for Moss' benefit or Green wanting that reunion himself.