Dean Blandino is a liar!

Irvin88_4life

Reaction score
I hope an exact play like this happens in the super bowl and it is a game-changing play at the end and this clown calls it a catch this time. Please let it happen. I want to see this lying weasel squirm along with the whole NFL.

It will happen so Seattle can win. It's been set up for them to win back to back since the end of last superbowl. Having dallas in Seattle would ended that dream

plymkr

Reaction score
Did anyone comment from the NFL on the Cobb catch that was aided by the turf? that was a big play in the game as well that was called horribly incorrectly

Irvin88_4life

Reaction score
Another thread about this ?
According to us old heads...he caught the ball. Reality is he was falling when he caught it so he has to maintain control...he didn't. It's really that simple.

Look he can bobble as long as the ball didn't touch the ground or Dez was out if bounds.

Neither happened it was a catch

Yakuza Rich

Reaction score
Blandino originally said Dez's lunge toward endzone was "not enough of a football move". Meaning it WAS a football move, just not enough. :thumbdown:

Clearly goes against the "clear and irrefutable" criteria to overturning an on-field call. Interesting dissection article from SI here:

http://mmqb.si.com/2015/01/12/nfl-rulebook-dez-bryant-catch-replay-reversal/

He is either a liar or he is blissfully ignorant.

The rule states (8.3.1) that if the player makes an act that advances the ball then it is consider an act common to the game.

Did Dez advance the ball?

Yes.

Therefore it was an act common to the game.

YR

CF74

Vet Min Plus
Reaction score
It's time to roundup a posse and have a lynching!!!

yimyammer

Reaction score
How many inches toward the goal line do you have to advance your body before it's considered a "football" move ??????
Geez equip the refs with rulers and protractors I guess......
I'm done with this grap and I wish they would just shut up about it. No one is going to say anything to change my mind about what I saw

In the future, NFL games will last months consisting primarily of week long trials litigating the accurate outcome of every play followed by hour long choreographed celebrations of even the most mundane of plays.

The stars of the NFL will no longer be athletes but attorneys and dance instructors.

Embrace the inevitable

SultanOfSix

Star Power
Reaction score
According to us old heads...he caught the ball. Reality is he was falling when he caught it so he has to maintain control...he didn't. It's really that simple.

No, it's not that simple. That's why this is being talked about this much.

Boyz981

Reaction score

Had control made a football move... not hard to understand!

MagicMan

Reaction score

You conveniently left out the part where he catches it, takes 2 full strides with NO bobbles mind you, shifts to his left hand and lunges to the goal line. But hey, details, shmetails. Simple minds do not understand I guess.

sb220

Reaction score
tumblr_lb01o6tn481qe0eclo1_r8_500.gif

sbark

Reaction score
Doesn't even have to be a focus on the actual catch. The entire premise of the Instant replay is the ON=Field Refs call is gospel until and only if there is undisputable evidence otherwise. His opinion takes over. The NFL replaced his opinion with another opinion,

In effect, The play on the field is to be protected from a review by giving precedence to the on the field referee..........Dez is not "guilty" until proven beyond a doubt, this did not occur...........This opens up the NFL "process" to a lot of possible suspicion and influence of the on-field product...WWE

BAT

Mr. Fixit
Reaction score
Doesn't even have to be a focus on the actual catch. The entire premise of the Instant replay is the ON=Field Refs call is gospel until and only if there is undisputable evidence otherwise. His opinion takes over. The NFL replaced his opinion with another opinion,

In effect, The play on the field is to be protected from a review by giving precedence to the on the field referee..........Dez is not "guilty" until proven beyond a doubt, this did not occur...........This opens up the NFL "process" to a lot of possible suspicion and influence of the on-field product...WWE

Not to mention, even forgoing everything else about control, process of catch and football move, where was the clear and irrefutable evidence that the ball actually hit the ground? The Randal Cobb trap catch OBVIOUSLY hit the ground and there was more camera angles and evidence to show THAT than the Dez non-catch.

TellerMorrow34

BraveHeartFan
Reaction score
Dean Blandino was just on NFL network and now he says that the "football move" judgment was indesputable. What a liar! Last night he said there was a gray area as far as the interpretation of the "football move". You can now see that the NFL officiating is getting a lot of questions now on how they could overturn a call on the field that was a referee's judgment. They were totally wrong to overturn the catch and now they are lying to cover it up.

And you're surprised?

I said it right after the game on Sunday that there was no way that the league was going to admit to blowing big calls two weeks in a row.

They're going to do everything possible to make it seem as though they got this right when they know they didn't.