Deandre Hopkins traded to AZ

kmp77

Reaction score
Wha....whu....I....uh......*scratches head*...... Can anyone explain this trade? Or is there most likely something behind the scenes we don't know about? I don't get it.

Skybox22

Reaction score
I think he said two more deals coming. .he was being coy to protect sources. I didn't really get the sense it involved the Cowboys
I seriously doubt Dallas would be a destination. Just throwing it out there that there's a lot a movement going on. With Dallas not doing anything really substantive I wouldn't doubt he goes to a rival while we sit back. We'll see.

AbeBeta

Reaction score
Hopkins has a contract through the 2022 season. The Texans had an out after the 2019 season to release or trade Hopkins with zero dead money. His contract is still enforced for the remaining 3 seasons.

He's not playing under that deal. He's well outplayed the deal. Everyone knows this.

Adreme

Reaction score
Bill O'Brien should have been fired......not rid the team of Deandre Hopkins. This will set them back, book it.

The moment he walks into the owners office with that deal he should have been fired on the spot, just for THINKING that is a good deal. You look at what they traded for Tunsil, who is a top 10 LT but not topt 2-3, you look at what LA traded for Ramsay and you have someone trade someone who on a fairly cheap deal for a WR who is BETTER than all those players relatively AND once again who you will be paying only about 60-70% of market value for a single 2nd round pick.

JoeKing

Diehard
Reaction score
I still won't worry about the Cardinals becoming a powerhouse as long as Kingsbury is their coach.

John813

Reaction score
Houston doesn’t have a first round pick for the next two years folks. They needed picks bad.

Still hard to believe they couldn't land more picks for him.
He had 3 years left.

I mean David Johnson was a cut-able guy at this stage.

RustyBourneHorse

Reaction score
The NFC West just became a powerful division. Gentlemen, we're going to have to win our division to make the playoffs this year. Between the NFC North with Green Bay and Minnesota, the NFC South with New Orleans and maybe Atlanta or Tampa (if they get Brady), and now West with SFO and the Rams and now the Cards and the Seahawks (basically, the whole bloody division), this is going to be very tough. And I reckon we play the NFC West this year, don't we?

USArmyVet

Reaction score
I wonder what it would have taken for Dallas to trade for Hopkins as that would have alleviated the need to re-sign Cooper at the added benefit of Hopkins affordable price:

2020 salary: $12.5M
2021 salary: $13.5M
2022 salary: $13.915M

USArmyVet

Reaction score
Well, no doubt that Arizona just may have surpassed Dallas in team rankings with just 1 move.....not to mention that Arizona still has free agents to sign and holds the #8 overall draft pick.......can you imagine who they could draft after trading down a few spots and recouping their 2nd round pick??????

Damn they are going to step it up this coming year.