Dear Cowboys fans: Talent alone will never overcome dysfunction

Future

Intramural Legend
Reaction score
So now , you’re going to get frustrated in the discussion .

I’m a relentless challenger and call you on your statements and this is all you have. I suppose next will be personal insults.

If you want to support or defend our owner for this eras results then it’s going to leave you in a vulnerable position for criticism.
I'm frustrated because you are purposely skewing my point and putting words in my mouth, because you're entire position is "because I said so."

Ok Mr. Challenger, show me one tangible thing. I've asked you over and over, and you have no answer. You're not a challenger, you just can't develop your full argument so you misdirect.

Here's an insult - you're too old to understand modern pro sports. Your entire perspective is ruined by the fact that you think you know things because you've been watching football a long time. The reality is that the game in 2020 is nothing like the game was in 1990, so all that experience means nothing. You're too old to understand that and adjust. Happy?

Diehardblues

Reaction score
I'm frustrated because you are purposely skewing my point and putting words in my mouth, because you're entire position is "because I said so."

Ok Mr. Challenger, show me one tangible thing. I've asked you over and over, and you have no answer. You're not a challenger, you just can't develop your full argument so you misdirect.

Here's an insult - you're too old to understand modern pro sports. Your entire perspective is ruined by the fact that you think you know things because you've been watching football a long time. The reality is that the game in 2020 is nothing like the game was in 1990, so all that experience means nothing. You're too old to understand that and adjust. Happy?
I have answered but you didn’t like my answers.

The toxic culture has been very obvious within our organization from draft day to managing players contracts to the undermining of our HC’s.

If you don’t recognize those as toxic and dysfunctional then I’d argue you don’t clearly see the issues.

Your argument supports our owner remaining as GM because in your own words” it doesn’t make any difference”.

Our owner is older than I am. Why does he understand it better than you? Most of the greatest HC’s this era are my age. That’s a lame insult.

But if you want to introduce age as a factor I’d suggest this generations Fantasy fans mentality isn’t how championship teams are built.

Last edited:

Future

Intramural Legend
Reaction score
I have answered but you didn’t like my answers.

The toxic culture has been very obvious within our organization from draft day to managing players contracts to the undermining of our HC’s.

If you don’t recognize those as toxic and dysfunctional then I’d argue you don’t clearly see the issues.

Your argument supports our owner remaining as GM because in your own words” it doesn’t make any difference”.

Our owner is older than I am. Why does he understand it better than you? Most of the greatest HC’s this era are my age. That’s a lame insult.

But if you want to introduce age as a factor I’d suggest this generations Fantasy fans mentality isn’t how championship teams are built.
You have not answered with one tangible thing. Not one. You blathered about how him being owner and GM impacted "football operations" and didn't provide one example.

You have consistently said that I was supporting and defending Jerry, when I have said that he's a "blubbering fool" and I don't agree with many of his decisions as GM.

All insults are lame. Just as lame as you saying I cant think critically. But you're not an HC, you're just some random guy who thinks he has a brilliant insight about the state of a locker room and culture of an organization he has no ties too.

Enjoy your early bird special.

Diehardblues

Reaction score
You have not answered with one tangible thing. Not one. You blathered about how him being owner and GM impacted "football operations" and didn't provide one example.

You have consistently said that I was supporting and defending Jerry, when I have said that he's a "blubbering fool" and I don't agree with many of his decisions as GM.

All insults are lame. Just as lame as you saying I cant think critically. But you're not an HC, you're just some random guy who thinks he has a brilliant insight about the state of a locker room and culture of an organization he has no ties too.

Enjoy your early bird special.
Of course it’s impacted. Have you not seen all of the undermining he’s done with our HC’s beginning with parting ways with Jimmy. His interference is so well documented. How long have you been a fan.

You have said that our owner serving as GM didn’t have any effect on football operations.

You brought age into the argument in an attempt to discredit me and my message. And when I respond you again offer no rebuttal to my claims as how could others in the league my age still be viable.

You’re just mouthing off now with whatever insult pops into your head. This discussion has dead-end from your frustration.

Last edited:

catiii

Reaction score
There is an opportunity for JJ to show leadership today by:

Publicly challenging the team's manhood and heartless play. The lack of support for Dalton following the dirty hit was astounding.

Decrying the lack of leadership by the high priced "talent" on the team. Where's the double secret player's only meetings to rally the team? Where is the accountability?

Denouncing the privileged, country club like atmosphere around the Star.

Firing someone, cutting a player, making a statement move.

Finally, acknowledging that he is at the heart of the disfunctional mess... But he will clean it up beginning today.

I know, a pipe dream
:hammer:

Bullflop

Cowboys Diehard
Reaction score
The problem with this organization is that it self destructs!! Sound judgment means everything! :rolleyes:

You can have the costliest house on the block but if it's built on a bad foundation, it's worthless. :oops:

Last edited:

eromeopolk

Reaction score
My friends- my fellow suffering Cowboys fans- Here’s some truth we all need to accept right now: All the talent in the pro football world is not enough to overcome this dysfunctional, putrid, non-accountable culture.

Let us count the ways:
  • For those of you hoping for the #1 pick next year, aka the Trevor Lawrence sweepstakes. Sorry, but that won’t fix fix this mess.
  • We could acquire Pat Mahomes tonight, and it wouldn’t fix this mess.
  • We could add All Pro talent at every position, on both sides of the ball, and it won’t fix this mess.
  • We could draft the best pass rusher and run stuffer in the draft next year. It’s not enough to fix this.
  • We could trade the entire defending champion KC chiefs roster for this roster of quitters, and it wouldn’t make us much better.
Accept it- this mess, this stink is a 25 year rotten egg that is the responsibility and result of the 78 year old fool that still believes if you buy an NFL team, you are qualified to run that team’s football operations. Well, the truth is, our owner can’t. And his stubborn arrogance is the real culprit here.

Here is the cancer that eats this organization:
  • No accountability. If the guy playing GM never, ever has to pay a price for his mistakes, then there is truly no accountability anywhere else. That’s organizational health 101. If you don’t hold the people at the top accountable, you can’t anywhere else.
  • Because the front office is “soft”, so is its team.
  • What this team needs is a HC that has an “asthma field” again.
  • Truth bomb- there is no recovery with a guy named Jones leading football operations. Period. It’s over. They have crapped the bed for too long.
  • Hate to say it, but if there is no humilty shown by Jerry to take any responsibility to change his ways, all the talent in the world won’t matter.
If I could select "LIKE" again, I would do it. Cowboy fans can have the Arlington Jonesboys. Call me when the Dallas Cowboys, America's team shows up. The title America's team was earned. Jerry Jones, management, coaches, and these players think it's inherited.....Not

xwalker

Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
My friends- my fellow suffering Cowboys fans- Here’s some truth we all need to accept right now: All the talent in the pro football world is not enough to overcome this dysfunctional, putrid, non-accountable culture.

Let us count the ways:
  • For those of you hoping for the #1 pick next year, aka the Trevor Lawrence sweepstakes. Sorry, but that won’t fix fix this mess.
  • We could add All Pro talent at every position, on both sides of the ball, and it won’t fix this mess.
  • We could draft the best pass rusher and run stuffer in the draft next year. It’s not enough to fix this.
  • We could trade the entire defending champion KC chiefs roster for this roster of quitters, and it wouldn’t make us much better.
Accept it- this mess, this stink is a 25 year rotten egg that is the responsibility and result of the 78 year old fool that still believes if you buy an NFL team, you are qualified to run that team’s football operations. Well, the truth is, our owner can’t. And his stubborn arrogance is the real culprit here.

• No accountability. If the guy playing GM never, ever has to pay a price for his mistakes, then there is truly no accountability anywhere else. That’s organizational health 101. If you don’t hold the people at the top accountable, you can’t anywhere else.
  • Truth bomb- there is no recovery with a guy named Jones leading football operations. Period. It’s over. They have crapped the bed for too long.
  • Hate to say it, but if there is no humilty shown by Jerry to take any responsibility to change his ways, all the talent in the world won’t matter.
Can't overcome this mess of a thread.

Bob, are you a real person or a computer program that consolidates dumb fan narratives into new threads.

You should try posting in threads created by other people and quit creating threads.

cern

Reaction score
We have a lot of talent on offense at the skill positions. But no qb or o-line make the offense a lost cause. We have far less talent on defense. We can't stop the run. We are both dysfunctional and untalented. Insurmountable odds.

Cowboysheelsreds053

Reaction score

Let us count the ways:

Agree, this team needs PLAYERS with an S on the end not PLAYER. Agree Lawrence is not going to do it. I am down for getting the 2nd pick ( no way get first pick because Jets not winning 1 game let alone 2), and trading Fields for some picks to a needy QB team.