Dear Cowboys fans: Talent alone will never overcome dysfunction

Future

Intramural Legend
Reaction score
I’m not sure why you can’t grasp that the toxic culture our ownership embellishes doesn’t breed an atmosphere for success. In fact it undermines. That is an intangible factor.

We’ve seen it time and time again with several different coaches. Not sure where you have been getting your information but it’s out there if you’re interested in gathering it.

And yes talent does matter . And the fact as GM he hasn’t brought in enough talent to reach our goals is another reason to criticize. Maybe your not able to have critical thinking of your team and organization?IDK
Snake oil is intangible too.

I don't know why you can't grasp what tangible is.

If the information is so out there and available, go ahead and share it lol.

Diehardblues

Reaction score
Snake oil is intangible too.

I don't know why you can't grasp what tangible is.

If the information is so out there and available, go ahead and share it lol.
I dont have to prove anything to you. Hey, if you want to lead our ownerships pep rally , you go right ahead. Lol

Scotman

Reaction score
My friends- my fellow suffering Cowboys fans- Here’s some truth we all need to accept right now: All the talent in the pro football world is not enough to overcome this dysfunctional, putrid, non-accountable culture.

Let us count the ways:
  • For those of you hoping for the #1 pick next year, aka the Trevor Lawrence sweepstakes. Sorry, but that won’t fix fix this mess.
  • We could acquire Pat Mahomes tonight, and it wouldn’t fix this mess.
  • We could add All Pro talent at every position, on both sides of the ball, and it won’t fix this mess.
  • We could draft the best pass rusher and run stuffer in the draft next year. It’s not enough to fix this.
  • We could trade the entire defending champion KC chiefs roster for this roster of quitters, and it wouldn’t make us much better.
Accept it- this mess, this stink is a 25 year rotten egg that is the responsibility and result of the 78 year old fool that still believes if you buy an NFL team, you are qualified to run that team’s football operations. Well, the truth is, our owner can’t. And his stubborn arrogance is the real culprit here.

Here is the cancer that eats this organization:
  • No accountability. If the guy playing GM never, ever has to pay a price for his mistakes, then there is truly no accountability anywhere else. That’s organizational health 101. If you don’t hold the people at the top accountable, you can’t anywhere else.
  • Because the front office is “soft”, so is its team.
  • What this team needs is a HC that has an “asthma field” again.
  • Truth bomb- there is no recovery with a guy named Jones leading football operations. Period. It’s over. They have crapped the bed for too long.
  • Hate to say it, but if there is no humilty shown by Jerry to take any responsibility to change his ways, all the talent in the world won’t matter.

:(:(:(

I wish you weren't 100% correct.

Future

Intramural Legend
Reaction score
You haven’t provided anything to dispute my claims .
Don't have to, that's not how it works.

And yes, the fact that how many dozens of players have played and been successful here and didn't complain about Jerry every day disproves the entire "toxic culture" thing. Romo, Ware, Witten, Tyron, Martin, Frederick, Lee...none of those guys seemed to have a problem with the culture.

Diehardblues

Reaction score
Apparently we have fans who believe Our owners culture doesn’t make a difference in the success of Cowboys Football.

Chuck 54

Reaction score
I agree with the OP, but I’ll also add that you could hand pick your gm and coaching staff, but this offense due to injuries on the OL and to the QB would still struggle to score, and this defense would still stink because the DTs and secondary are pathetic. Maybe we would be 3-4.

We face the uphill challenge of organizational disjunction and starting players who are not legit NFL talent.

Plankton

Reaction score
The axiom that states "your organization is perfectly designed to deliver the results that you are seeing.." applies here.

The only chance this has of getting fixed is Jerry and Stephen walking on eggshells again. Which they will never do.

Diehardblues

Reaction score
Don't have to, that's not how it works.

And yes, the fact that how many dozens of players have played and been successful here and didn't complain about Jerry every day disproves the entire "toxic culture" thing. Romo, Ware, Witten, Tyron, Martin, Frederick, Lee...none of those guys seemed to have a problem with the culture.
Of course they didn’t complain. It’s a player friendly culture. I guess you haven’t heard or read about that either.

Apparently you’ve closed yourself off to all of the critical thinking surrounding Cowboys Football this era.

In Futures world our ownership serving as GM is all we have needed. There hasn’t been any negative aspects which have effected Cowboys Football adversely.

Ive came into contact with thousands of fans over the years and never have I heard such testimony. Is there any documental evidence that’s been written to support your claims or is this all of your own thinking?

Diehardblues

Reaction score
I agree with the OP, but I’ll also add that you could hand pick your gm and coaching staff, but this offense due to injuries on the OL and to the QB would still struggle to score, and this defense would still stink because the DTs and secondary are pathetic. Maybe we would be 3-4.

We face the uphill challenge of organizational disjunction and starting players who are not legit NFL talent.
Right. It prob doesn’t fix the issues we are faced with this year but certainly could moving forward in the coming years.

Future

Intramural Legend
Reaction score
Of course they didn’t complain. It’s a player friendly culture. I guess you haven’t heard or read about that either.

Apparently you’ve closed yourself off to all of the critical thinking surrounding Cowboys Football this era.

In Futures world our ownership serving as GM is all we have needed. There hasn’t been any negative aspects which have effected Cowboys Football adversely.

Ive came into contact with thousands of fans over the years and never have I heard such testimony. Is there any documental evidence that’s been written to support your claims or is this all of your own thinking?
Critical thinking is not what you're doing, especially since you're putting words in my mouth.

I am highly critical of Jerry the GM, he's made a bunch of missteps, stop putting words in my mouth. You say I can't think critically, but you can't even read.

My only point is that the culture thing you're crying about doesn't matter. Modern pro athletes don't care about culture. The only "culture" that matters is winning, which is bred by talent.

You still can't tell me one tangible thing. Not one.

Diehardblues

Reaction score
Critical thinking is not what you're doing, especially since you're putting words in my mouth.

I am highly critical of Jerry the GM, he's made a bunch of missteps, stop putting words in my mouth. You say I can't think critically, but you can't even read.

My only point is that the culture thing you're crying about doesn't matter. Modern pro athletes don't care about culture. The only "culture" that matters is winning, which is bred by talent.

You still can't tell me one tangible thing. Not one.
I’m not sure what you’re looking for? And I’m trying to interpret the intention from your words.

At least you might agree the Culture hadn’t always been ideal . Now we are getting somewhere.

A winning culture needs more than just talent. It needs leadership , direction and discipline .

But at least if you agree we have lacked enough talent , that in itself is critical of our GM. Despite whatever the culture has been .

Which I think you’d have to agree most critics have argued and written it had at least at times been a toxic culture , among other things which of course is a subjective analysis.

Future

Intramural Legend
Reaction score
I’m not sure what you’re looking for? And I’m trying to interpret the intention from your words.

At least you might agree the Culture hadn’t always been ideal . Now we are getting somewhere.

A winning culture needs more than just talent. It needs leadership , direction and discipline .

But at least if you agree we have lacked enough talent , that in itself is critical of our GM. Despite whatever the culture has been .

Which I think you’d have to agree most critics have argued and written it had at least at times been a toxic culture , among other things which of course is a subjective analysis.
I'm looking for you to provide some proof, other than speculation, that the structure of our GM and Owner being the same person leads to some flaw in how football operations are run.

Direction doesn't matter. Leadership only matters when a team is talented. Discipline is just a part of talent.

They had more than enough talent last year, they had the wrong head coach. For the 100th time, I am critical of the GM. But that has nothing to do with the overall FO structure or the culture.

Diehardblues

Reaction score
I'm looking for you to provide some proof, other than speculation, that the structure of our GM and Owner being the same person leads to some flaw in how football operations are run.

Direction doesn't matter. Leadership only matters when a team is talented. Discipline is just a part of talent.

They had more than enough talent last year, they had the wrong head coach. For the 100th time, I am critical of the GM. But that has nothing to do with the overall FO structure or the culture.
The proof is in the pudding and why results matter.

You’re certainly entitled to your opinion. If you don’t believe the leadership and direction of football operations has had some adverse effect on Cowboys Football and the culture here then you’re certainly more on an island than I’ve seen or heard about.

It’s difficult for me to believe there are actually still fans who support our owner serving as GM . Are there any others out there?

Diehardblues

Reaction score
No it isn't. There are all kinds of franchises who don't win Super Bowls.
So now you want to detract from the lack of success this era to other less successful franchises. Or do you just defend everything under the Star?

Yes , we have become a franchise that we can compare to the less successful franchises this era. This is something that provides you comfort in your analysis of our GM?

Future

Intramural Legend
Reaction score
So now you want to detract from the lack of success this era to other less successful franchises. Or do you just defend everything under the Star?

Yes , we have become a franchise that we can compare to the less successful franchises this era. This is something that provides you comfort in your analysis of our GM?
Omg shut up.

You're so far off the rails of anything I have said.

Diehardblues

Reaction score
Omg shut up.

You're so far off the rails of anything I have said.
So now , you’re going to get frustrated in the discussion .

I’m a relentless challenger and call you on your statements and this is all you have. I suppose next will be personal insults.

If you want to support or defend our owner for this eras results then it’s going to leave you in a vulnerable position for criticism.

GMO415

Reaction score
My friends- my fellow suffering Cowboys fans- Here’s some truth we all need to accept right now: All the talent in the pro football world is not enough to overcome this dysfunctional, putrid, non-accountable culture.

Let us count the ways:
  • For those of you hoping for the #1 pick next year, aka the Trevor Lawrence sweepstakes. Sorry, but that won’t fix fix this mess.
  • We could acquire Pat Mahomes tonight, and it wouldn’t fix this mess.
  • We could add All Pro talent at every position, on both sides of the ball, and it won’t fix this mess.
  • We could draft the best pass rusher and run stuffer in the draft next year. It’s not enough to fix this.
  • We could trade the entire defending champion KC chiefs roster for this roster of quitters, and it wouldn’t make us much better.
Accept it- this mess, this stink is a 25 year rotten egg that is the responsibility and result of the 78 year old fool that still believes if you buy an NFL team, you are qualified to run that team’s football operations. Well, the truth is, our owner can’t. And his stubborn arrogance is the real culprit here.

Here is the cancer that eats this organization:
  • No accountability. If the guy playing GM never, ever has to pay a price for his mistakes, then there is truly no accountability anywhere else. That’s organizational health 101. If you don’t hold the people at the top accountable, you can’t anywhere else.
  • Because the front office is “soft”, so is its team.
  • What this team needs is a HC that has an “asthma field” again.
  • Truth bomb- there is no recovery with a guy named Jones leading football operations. Period. It’s over. They have crapped the bed for too long.
  • Hate to say it, but if there is no humilty shown by Jerry to take any responsibility to change his ways, all the talent in the world won’t matter.
Bullet, Dak hid a lot of this mess, and now I realize so did Tony.

On that note, we could get Trevor and save $36 million a season by trading Dak. Dak will probably score us three 1st Round picks too. We could rebuild this team in order to get to the SB within three years.